PDA

View Full Version : pros of gifting

Mindslicer
09-20-11, 12:50 AM
I see that a lot of people give food gifts what are the pros of doing so?

ariesblu
09-20-11, 12:58 AM
Well, there aren't really any cons, but being a good neighbor is a pro, even if you can't gift everyday.

Mindslicer
09-20-11, 02:00 AM
Yes but you would lose the money that you would normally make if you sold them in your restaurant

nmishii
09-20-11, 02:05 AM
When you gift you are not gifting from your food inventory nor do you have to buy the food you gift.

Gifting does not cost the giver anything. So you should give the gift that gives the most value. In RS, that is Stew - the receiver can earn $750 from it.

pastrychef17
09-20-11, 08:51 AM
For players at lower levels, the food gifts help keep their counters stocked so they can keep their rating up. If people like to build constructable appliances, gifting of materials instead of food is the better option since you can store them and by the time you're ready to build an appliance, you could potentially have all the parts you need already. I try to tailor my gifting as much as possible when I have time. If I notice a neighbor has a box of parts in their bakery, I tap on it to see what they're trying to build then I gift a part for that appliance. It helps if the neighbor makes it obvious they're building an appliance by leaving the box in a prominent place. Otherwise, I don't always spot it.

nmishii
09-20-11, 08:57 AM
For players at lower levels, the food gifts help keep their counters stocked so they can keep their rating up. If people like to build constructable appliances, gifting of materials instead of food is the better option since you can store them and by the time you're ready to build an appliance, you could potentially have all the parts you need already. I try to tailor my gifting as much as possible when I have time. If I notice a neighbor has a box of parts in their bakery, I tap on it to see what they're trying to build then I gift a part for that appliance. It helps if the neighbor makes it obvious they're building an appliance by leaving the box in a prominent place. Otherwise, I don't always spot it.

If I see boxes I'll ask the neighbor if they'd rather have parts than food. Some have said they'd rather get their parts all from requests because they still want the food.

Mindslicer
09-20-11, 10:20 AM
When you give parts does it take from the parts you have stored?

greygull
09-20-11, 10:27 AM
No, the parts you have are yours (whether from gifts or requests), same with food. Gifting and filling parts requests are free from you, and free for the recipients. :)

Mindslicer
09-20-11, 10:37 AM
Ah thank you for the info greygull :-)

pastrychef17
09-20-11, 12:57 PM
If I see boxes I'll ask the neighbor if they'd rather have parts than food. Some have said they'd rather get their parts all from requests because they still want the food.

I tried that once but the neighbor never replied so I gifted them a part anyway. I figure they can always decline it if they don't want it. I have too many neighbors to post individually on their walls to see what they want so I take a best guess. Sometimes I'd try to gift back the same thing they sent but then I'd get neighbors sending me materials requests and gifting me French Toast in RS and Brownies in Bakery so I gave up on that. Now I gift parts or the highest dollar value food. Anything's better than not gifting at all.

greygull
09-20-11, 01:16 PM
I posted on my own wall (both games) that if neighbors would prefer parts, to let me know. That way I don't have to post to each neighbor, but I can still gift each person. Also when they're letting me know, to tell me which parts. When I'm gifting, I gift the same part, then the same food. It might not be the best way, since different people may want different things. If I am in need of certain parts, I'll ask some people for them for gifts.

bawpotter
09-20-11, 01:29 PM
I don't really get the original question... I mean the pros are endless if you give stew... or if you give parts, you can save 2 gems a gift. You can get 150 plates of FREE food. Whenever I am offered free food, I take it!;)

joyirene
09-20-11, 01:44 PM
I think because originally he thought that gifting took away food/coins/parts for gifting. As in, you were giving away your own items to someone else, which would not benefit you. That was all cleared up on page 1 though.

cameron61
09-21-11, 03:56 PM
I keep getting alerts that my neighbors want me to give them materials. But i don't know how to do that???? Help!!!!

Mindslicer
09-21-11, 04:00 PM
Just hit accept

cameron61
09-21-11, 04:04 PM
Well its not within the game. I get alerts on my phone and then when I go into the game there is nothing there. Is there a way to go into the game and do it myself?

joyirene
09-21-11, 04:10 PM
I think if you go to Main then Messages then News (the second tab over) they usually show up there...

cameron61
09-21-11, 04:16 PM
And how do I request materials? And what exactly are you allowed to gift or get?

nmishii
09-21-11, 04:19 PM
Yes, the requests for parts are listed under the gift list.

I used to get alerts on my phone when I wasn't able to accept requests. I am on Android. Now that I can accept requests I don't get the alerts. Kind of backwards, but I don't want to start receiving alerts again. I can't remember if the alerts stopped before constructables were released or after.

Are iDevice users still receiving request alerts? Are Android users not?

nmishii
09-21-11, 04:23 PM
And how do I request materials? And what exactly are you allowed to gift or get?

Okay, you're changing now from how to accept parts requests to how to request parts.

Buy a constructable in the appliance tab, like you would a regular appliance. The constructables have a hammer in the corner. When you place it in your restaurant, you'll get a cardboard box. Tap on the box to open, and you'll see the buttons to request parts.

There's tutorials on how to do this if you search for it.

cameron61
09-21-11, 04:35 PM
Ok sorry. I just deleted and then redownloaded and its all there now, including the badges. It won't let me gift the materials that they want, but who knows how long they have been there, so maybe they don't need them anymore. I have the iPhone4, and it alerted me that they wanted them, but now that I'm all updated we'll have to see if it does?!

nmishii
09-21-11, 10:52 PM
They had maintenance today, and a lot of things broke. One was the material requests. It should work now. You should be able to accept the requests that you couldn't when you posted.

Mindslicer
09-22-11, 09:33 PM
Well this threads questions have all been answered and it is going off subject if a mod could go ahead and close this please. (I created this thread.)

GroupMagma
09-23-11, 11:39 AM
Alright, I'll close the thread. If anyone would like to create a new thread on the topic, they are welcome to do so, or find another thread in which this is currently being discussed. :)