PDA

View Full Version : New TL Staff Moderators! - ButterPanda and DaojinWildfire

GroupMagma
09-19-11, 12:33 PM
First, some sad news. ToastyRock is no longer with TeamLava. We wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

However, I'd like everyone to welcome two new moderators to TeamLava! These two are full-fledged employees of TL, like myself, so rest assured if you talk to one of them, you've got the ear of TeamLava (and through us, our dev team). [Though it's worth noting our Player Mods are in contact with me as well, so when they pass things on to me, I can pass it onto the Devs].

First up, please welcome ButterPanda.

ButterPanda's story is a sort of a sad one. Once a promising mascot in the Canned Pastry industry, ButterPanda was the face of the Delicioso Delights product line. Delicioso, a major player in the canned pastry industry, experienced rapid consumer growth and brand-name recognition with ButterPanda in the limelight.

However, things took a turn for the worst in 1965, when Pillsbury showcased their mascot that could challenge ButterPanda; I speak of course of Poppin' Fresh, aka the Pillsbury Doughboy. Poppin' Fresh took the industry by storm, and the world's collective consciousness was caught up in Doughboy Fever. ButterPanda tried to remain relevant, but after a while, it became clear that there was no room in the industry for two mascots. In 1972, ButterPanda was released from contract with Delicioso.

BP was emotionally wounded, but took solace in its favorite mobile games: those TeamLava games, available on iTunes and Android Market. BP learned the games in-and-out, and interviewed with TL for a Community Manager position. BP had not lost all of its charm since the glory days of Delicioso, and TL decided on-the-spot to hire BP. And now, you can reap the benefit of BP's knowledge and charm.

Next up, DaojinWildfire:

It's another sad story, but one of redemption and perseverance against adversity.

Not 5 years ago, DaojinWildfire was the top student the world renown ninjitsu dojo: Al's Awesome Dojo for Ninjas. Daojin trained under Al-sama for many long years, and the two were inseparable pals. However, Daojin grew out of favor with Al when it became apparent that the two did not share the same morals.

Daojin traveled back, a flawed ninja student, to his hometown of Gotham, a town besought in police corruption and organized crime. Daojin used his ninja s****s and upstanding morals to bring those responsible for the town's moral decay to vigilante justice. He accomplished this completely on his own, with no one's help except his butler, his millions upon millions of dollars (which funded his sweet car and gadgets), and the entire support of the Gotham Police Department.

Daojin then retired from the vigilante game when he realized it didn't pay anything. But he was really into TeamLava games, and we dug his vibe. Now, he's a Community Manager.

Please welcome these two new mods! Please PM them if you have any questions about the games or the forums.

Rachael98
09-19-11, 12:35 PM
Aww...poor TR:(.

But WELCOME BP and DW! I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time here:D!

bawpotter
09-19-11, 12:37 PM
Nice stories GM! They are quite smart!

(I was sort of expecting the story of the person that logs into the account called ButterPanda and the account called DaojinWildfire, not the story behind the usernames... But the usernames stories are great also!)

bawpotter
09-19-11, 12:40 PM
What about Mister_Tea...?

xokay
09-19-11, 12:41 PM
Welcome to the forumss

ButterPanda
09-19-11, 12:54 PM
After flopping out of the pastry industry, I tried dabbling in some dairy:
http://youtu.be/Rn07B15U1gk

Unfortunately that didn't turn out as expected and I became very depressed. Once a sad panda, always a sad panda. Thankfully I found my favorite Teamlava game, Bakery Story, to remind me of the good ol days.

pinkster73
09-19-11, 12:54 PM
Welcome! (Ps xokay is talking with a snake accent :))

bawpotter
09-19-11, 12:57 PM
That video is awesome BP!

So funny!

xokay
09-19-11, 12:58 PM

Unfortunately that didn't turn out as expected and I became very depressed. Once a sad panda, always a sad panda. Thankfully I found my favorite Teamlava game, Bakery Story, to remind me of the good ol days.

I've honestly watched those commercials hundreds of times and still laugh every single time.

Yarox
09-19-11, 12:59 PM
Welcome new Mods ! :D

kooky panda
09-19-11, 01:16 PM

Welcome BP. I feel your pain. Sad pandas are not good... BTW, maybe we are related!!

kooky panda
09-19-11, 01:18 PM
Welcome DW!!! Got a good video for us??

Rachael98
09-19-11, 01:25 PM
Welcome BP. I feel your pain. Sad pandas are not good... BTW, maybe we are related!!

Hmmm...do you get Panda family trees?

badger8
09-19-11, 01:29 PM
So...if Kooky and Butter got together they'd make Kooky Buttered Pandas!?

DaojinWildfire
09-19-11, 01:59 PM
Yes, the reward for ridding the world of evildoers did not meet my standards, but for some reason, people also had a really hard time understanding what I was saying.

http://youtu.be/w2yv8aT0UFc

Lucky for us, I can type to you guys in the forums! Who needs verbal communication s****s. =P

nmishii
09-19-11, 02:02 PM
Welcome ButterPanda and DaojinWildfire

kooky panda
09-19-11, 02:15 PM
DW thanks for the video!!!

Rachael98
09-19-11, 02:39 PM
Yes, the reward for ridding the world of evildoers did not meet my standards, but for some reason, people also had a really hard time understanding what I was saying.

http://youtu.be/w2yv8aT0UFc

Lucky for us, I can type to you guys in the forums! Who needs verbal communication s****s. =P

Hmm...I thought you did:p...

So...if Kooky and Butter got together they'd make Kooky Buttered Pandas!?

No, no-Butter Kooky Pandas (like Butter Shortbread...y'know?)

joyirene
09-19-11, 04:59 PM
Welcome!!!

gobblies
09-19-11, 07:38 PM
Hmm...I thought you did:p...

No, no-Butter Kooky Pandas (like Butter Shortbread...y'know?)

Lol, love that video. hey guys!

JoJosBakersDelite
09-19-11, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about TR but definitely wish him the best! Welcome to BP and DW!!!!!!

mushroom79
09-20-11, 08:30 AM
Welcome BP and DW! can you please help get rid of bouncing stars and coins in all stories? I absolutely hate them and have been voicing this out but no one listens :( i am not the only one btw.

sissy8
09-20-11, 02:12 PM
welcome BP and DW please make sure that the next update is a
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bahaqueen
09-23-11, 07:04 AM
Welcome! May you be blessed & highly creative here at Teamlava....now can we get some new flooring & wall designs LOL welcome mon!

Bahaqueen
09-23-11, 07:06 AM
welcome bp and dw please make sure that the next update is a
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

rothlmaoooooo!!!!!!!!!!

cafemochaaa
07-01-13, 10:36 AM
Welcome! Sry I'm a little late

Rachael98
07-11-13, 07:53 AM
Welcome! Sry I'm a little late

Heck, don't worry.
Only 2 years. Lol. :p

mattyboo1
07-11-13, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the staff board.