PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story Suggestions

GreenAcreDeb
09-15-11, 08:31 PM
We could use more room for upper level players, more crops with less growing time and more farm items to buy with coins. I try to keep neighbors updated with latest news and features from this site and this is the feedback I get all the time. Lots of famers feel that some nonrelated farm items should be used on the appropriate games like zoo story or treasure game. They feel that no one from team really listens or cares. I don't mind keeping them updated as most are in school or work and don't have time to investigate for themselves. Please listen to the players! They are the ones keeping these games going.

Rachael98
09-15-11, 11:28 PM
The expansions aren't currently viable because the servers aren't big enough.
I agree with the crop suggestion, so hopefully we might get some of those soon. I also agree with the coin request (though obviously TL need to make a profit).
There are a few things not really fitting. Which is annoying.
However, TL have listened to us before, and I'm sure will again.

GroupMagma
09-16-11, 11:37 AM
The expansions aren't currently viable because the servers aren't big enough.

This is not accurate.
There are a couple reasons why expansions have yet to be made -- the predominant one being that older devices would experience severe lag issues loading larger farms/cities/etc.

lynx187xXsq34cXx
09-17-11, 11:53 AM
This is not accurate.
There are a couple reasons why expansions have yet to be made -- the predominant one being that older devices would experience severe lag issues loading larger farms/cities/etc.

Thought this might be a good place to chime in about lag... I am on a brand new EVO 3d (duel core) running stock and farmstory runs unbearably slow... I think there is an issue in the code related to this..

lynx187xXsq34cXx
09-17-11, 12:02 PM
Just realized that i used the wrong duel... But wanted to ask if any team lava coders/testers have tested farmstiry on a MSM8660 Snapdragon 1.2 Ghz dual core phone??

DerGelbeKaiser
09-17-11, 12:15 PM
Thought this might be a good place to chime in about lag... I am on a brand new EVO 3d (duel core) running stock and farmstory runs unbearably slow... I think there is an issue in the code related to this..

That is the problem with making apps for Android: 80+ different devices.
One thing I see a lot in the Android app store is an updated app for newer OS saying 'Froyo and Up only!' etc. I think sooner or later it is a problem lots of softwares face: How long can they stay downcompatible. I'd say four years max, to be honest, or you loose out to newer games that make full use of more modern Operating System.

I have to say the lack of interesting animals available for coins is getting more and more annoying. I have spent a fair bit of gems but due to the impossibility to sell stuff for the same price it's impossible to really change a farm (or a club, restuarant etc.) around. I can't indulge in a herd of spotted cows only to change it to fancier building a month later. Not good in the long run.

It is in fact the reason why I lost interest in palying RS and BS and never went further than level 5 NS - it simply gets boring too soon.The reason I'm sticking with FS is the huge variation in beautifully designed crops and the options of being creative with the many different bits and bobs (->hay art)

But the Brohaha that is made of something simple like a cat or geese (or lack thereof) is just silly.

myweedpatch
09-17-11, 01:11 PM
It's NOT silly at all. Most of us on the forum spend hundreds of dollars on the game and keep the company afloat. We have the right as end users and consumers to let them know when we are unhappy with something. Otherwise, nothing will change. We few on the forum are just a small sampling and a good representation of what the rest of the players are thinking. Just as you tooted in about wanting more variety for coins. So, no complaining that we got a tiger is not silly. It's an alarm to TL that the people who are paying big money for virtual items may stop playing if they keep up the random non farm items they are trying to shove down our throats. Or An indication that maybe they should start a new game with those type of items, something like an amusement park or fantasy island. Either way, they don't belong on a farm and TL knows it. They're just seeing what they can get away with depending on how many people buy into it.

That is the problem with making apps for Android: 80+ different devices.
One thing I see a lot in the Android app store is an updated app for newer OS saying 'Froyo and Up only!' etc. I think sooner or later it is a problem lots of softwares face: How long can they stay downcompatible. I'd say four years max, to be honest, or you loose out to newer games that make full use of more modern Operating System.

I have to say the lack of interesting animals available for coins is getting more and more annoying. I have spent a fair bit of gems but due to the impossibility to sell stuff for the same price it's impossible to really change a farm (or a club, restuarant etc.) around. I can't indulge in a herd of spotted cows only to change it to fancier building a month later. Not good in the long run.

It is in fact the reason why I lost interest in palying RS and BS and never went further than level 5 NS - it simply gets boring too soon.The reason I'm sticking with FS is the huge variation in beautifully designed crops and the options of being creative with the many different bits and bobs (->hay art)

But the Brohaha that is made of something simple like a cat or geese (or lack thereof) is just silly.

DerGelbeKaiser
09-17-11, 01:39 PM
You misunderstood.
What is silly is that things come to a point where there is such a brohaha over something missing from a farming game that is as simple as a cat - or a tractor. I'm actually on your side - no need to rage at me.

sissy8
09-17-11, 01:47 PM
bakery and resto have self made machines WHY CAN'T WE BUILD A PLOW:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yarox
09-17-11, 01:49 PM
bakery and resto have self made machines WHY CAN'T WE BUILD A PLOW:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes it would be cool to be able to plow like 4 squares at a time.... or more
Also a harvester and a seeder :P

Rachael98
09-17-11, 01:50 PM

You know...my farm is very small...but I'd still benefit from that. I love that idea! And we could "build" a sheepdog or something to automatically credit animals, and a long stick thing for trees:).

DRL23411
09-17-11, 01:51 PM
But that is a 'farm' implement, we would have build a space ship or a merry-go-round.

Rachael98
09-17-11, 01:54 PM
But that is a 'farm' implement, we would have build a space ship or a merry-go-round.

Let's go for a plough. It would raise Customer Satisfaction with the update material:).

DRL23411
09-17-11, 02:06 PM
Let's go for a plough. It would raise Customer Satisfaction with the update material:).
Exactly why it won't happen.

Rachael98
09-17-11, 02:07 PM
Exactly why it won't happen.

We should be positive. Linking that to get back on-topic, I think it'd be nice to have realistic items:).

pinkster73
09-17-11, 02:13 PM
It's NOT silly at all. Most of us on the forum spend hundreds of dollars on the game and keep the company afloat. We have the right as end users and consumers to let them know when we are unhappy with something. Otherwise, nothing will change. We few on the forum are just a small sampling and a good representation of what the rest of the players are thinking. Just as you tooted in about wanting more variety for coins. So, no complaining that we got a tiger is not silly. It's an alarm to TL that the people who are paying big money for virtual items may stop playing if they keep up the random non farm items they are trying to shove down our throats. Or An indication that maybe they should start a new game with those type of items, something like an amusement park or fantasy island. Either way, they don't belong on a farm and TL knows it. They're just seeing what they can get away with depending on how many people buy into it.

She meant the fact that it comes to the point that we have to make a big deal about stuff is silly, not that making a big deal is silly.

DerGelbeKaiser
09-17-11, 02:20 PM
She meant the fact that it comes to the point that we have to make a big deal about stuff is silly, not that making a big deal is silly.

Thanks! :-) I was actually a bit worried that my English is playing tricks on me. I did look up the word brouhaha (not in my usual vocabulary) to check it means what I think it means. And it does: (From Wiki) 'A brouhaha is a state of social agitation when a minor incident gets out of control, sometimes referred to as an uproar or hubbub.'
I feel that is exactly what seems to go on. I've only been playing for six weeks or so and I am just shaking my head over this. Here we have a farming game with no major farming ustensils while lots of people are clamouring for it and have been for weeks/months.
It's weird. One would think that a company that is so obviously into making a quick buck would jump at the chance to sell a tractor. (well, the pciture of one)

Whoever is making these decisions is certainly bulding up a lot of bad karma... :)

pinkster73
09-17-11, 02:24 PM
Naaa your English was fine :)

myweedpatch
09-17-11, 06:21 PM
You misunderstood.
What is silly is that things come to a point where there is such a brohaha over something missing from a farming game that is as simple as a cat - or a tractor. I'm actually on your side - no need to rage at me.

Your right. Sorry. I misunderstood. I'm just getting so fed up with the game and it's sad to say it's one of the few things I have that I look forward to. So, again. Sorry for misunderstanding you. But my comments still stand regarding what TL is doing...hoping for once they are getting the clues, cuz I don't think I can get much louder over it. :-) cheers my friend.

pattisue1
09-17-11, 07:19 PM
I would like TL to fix the problem with material requests in the constructable items currently available before they offer constructable plows and tractors. I send material requests to my neighbors every day, but an unknown number don't receive them. Some of my neighbors actually go so far as messaging me to ask what I need for my project. I haven't polled all of my neighbors about the issue because I have over 100.

DerGelbeKaiser
09-18-11, 04:52 AM
Aaah - that would expalin why I find it almost impossible to build my deep fryer in BS. I don't have a lot of neighbours there (because I only lay it on the side) and it is taking forever. My FS constructibles came together fairly quickly since some of my neighborus occasionalyl gift materials. Over a few weeks those do pile up so constructing something goes a lto quicker. That is a nice touch, btw, that a regular material gift just adds itself to any construction I start.