PDA

View Full Version : Optimum number of seats?

3squares
09-15-11, 12:26 PM
Still wondering what is the optimum number of tables with chairs to serve max number of customers. I reduced the number of chairs to 25; they are never all full at the same time and I never have to turn away customers.

I have visited other restaurants with lots of chairs. As I watch, one lonely customer will saunter in... Do customer rates vary depending on how many real players are visiting the restaurant? Do they vary depending on whether or not the owner of the restaurant is viewing his establishment?

It is curious,,,

3squares
09-15-11, 12:27 PM
I really have too much time on my hands lol

Yarox
09-15-11, 12:31 PM
I would also like to know this.
When I started playing my goal was to get more tables/chairs to serve more customers and earn more money.
Now I notice that not all my tables/chairs get used.
I have like 25-30 sets of tables/chais at the moment and it seems to work although some seem to remain empty.

greygull
09-15-11, 12:32 PM
Optimum is 28-30 I believe. Some (like me) have more, either just tables for tips, or for a restaurant style to their liking. When you visit someone else, and only see one person, I think it has to do with display only. They are still serving the same amount of people, you just don't always see it.

pastrychef17
09-15-11, 03:29 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the max number is 29 customers and I may have even verified that by counting one (bored) moment. I have more than 29 tables but that's mostly to capture tips and for aesthetics for my bakery or restaurant.

thrally
09-16-11, 12:33 AM
I managed it with 24 seats.