PDA

View Full Version : Funny merit badge bug

MiniLaura
09-13-11, 12:49 PM
Merit badges suddenly showed up on my farm and I earned a ton right away.
So I looked to see what other things I needed to do to earn badges.

The list includes (this is not comprehensive, just an example)
Gem of a Person (36/50)
Spend 14 more gems to earn your next badge
Petting Zoo
Congrats! You earn the Gold badge!
Farmer Extraordinaire (19,709/25)
Harvest -19,684 more items to earn your next badge

hmmmm... I'm not sure how to harvest a negative number of items....

Playing on an iPad, first generation, whatever the current OS is.

GroupMagma
09-13-11, 12:52 PM
Thanks, we just released those. :D (need to post an announcement).

Can you provide a screenshot? It'd be very helpful for our engineers.

MiniLaura
09-13-11, 12:57 PM
Sorry that it's sideways

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/MiniLaura/689c75c3.jpg

GroupMagma
09-13-11, 01:04 PM
Quick word from engineering is that this should be a one-time bug, and should be fixed if you force-close and re-open the app. Have you tried to do this yet?

MiniLaura
09-13-11, 01:05 PM
Also, note that I've spent way more than 50 gems on items, so my stats are not really correct. (I assume this has to do with retroactively applying the data for the badges.) It's not a huge deal for me, because I will eventually do what I have to do to earn this badge and other badges. It's only the negative numbers that are problematic.

MiniLaura
09-13-11, 01:08 PM
Quick word from engineering is that this should be a one-time bug, and should be fixed if you force-close and re-open the app. Have you tried to do this yet?
Okay, it's all fixed now, but I never got the popups saying that I got my gold badges and I'm not sure I was given the gems! The influx of gems for me in the last two days was high (thanks!) so I don't remember what my previous gem count was.

Is there a way I can find out if I was correctly awarded these gems?

NEVER MIND! I did math and figured out that all gems are present and accounted for.

GroupMagma
09-13-11, 01:08 PM
Also, note that I've spent way more than 50 gems on items, so my stats are not really correct. (I assume this has to do with retroactively applying the data for the badges.) It's not a huge deal for me, because I will eventually do what I have to do to earn this badge and other badges. It's only the negative numbers that are problematic.

Yes, the retroactive data application for Badges only takes a portion of your previous data (I'm sure you've also planted more than 19,000 crops). Many users won't receive any collected data, however. Unfortunately, this is an issue we likely will not be able to correct.