PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Neighbours

nicola_grant
09-13-11, 12:51 AM
At what point to you decide to delete a neighbour?

sissy8
09-13-11, 03:46 AM
5 days no visit without a reason i delete, my long term neighbours i wait a while because you never know, one of my neigh did die, then his son came to the farm with the news:rolleyes:

Rachael98
09-13-11, 07:48 AM
5 days no visit without a reason i delete, my long term neighbours i wait a while because you never know, one of my neigh did die, then his son came to the farm with the news:rolleyes:

:o. I give a 10 day notice if they fall below my standards (2 star or less, no daily water attempts etc.); however, this is rare as I'm very careful and very strict about who I choose as my neighbours. Mine are all great:)!

hectorloch
09-13-11, 08:05 AM
Well, that's me dumped by these two !

pinkster73
09-13-11, 08:10 AM
As soon as they get down to 2 stars unless I have a reason I delete.

pinkster73
09-13-11, 08:11 AM
Well, that's me dumped by these two !

Or if I know them from the forum I keep them ha ha

MiniLaura
09-13-11, 08:23 AM
I actually keep a chunk of inactive neighbors. This way I have enough for expansions (if another one is ever available to me) but I don't EVER have to visit or water their farms. It's a time-saver for me. :)

But way back when they first gave us the option of deleting neighbors and when all my neighbors were active and I wasn't so lazy, I got rid of anyone who was 2 stars or below.

MrsShrek
09-13-11, 08:24 AM
I have great neighbors as I a very selective on who I add. Set a personal limit of only having 50 & I have 52. Most are 3 or 4 stars. ;-). That is all I feel I can care for & visit with to my standards. (I am also a 4 star.)
However, Anyone that posts on my wall, I will return the favor. I have several repeat visitors daily.
On occasion, one of my neighbors will drop to a Zero. I give them the 'warning', "Oh No! Your star rating has dropped to a Zero! Is everything OK?". Then I will wait for a few days to see if I get a response. I.e. One was in the hospital, and another on holiday, but their message had dropped off their wall. If no response, then they get cut.
Basically, you have to determine what works for you & what you want your limits to be.
Good luck! ;-)

Rachael98
09-13-11, 08:49 AM
Or if I know them from the forum I keep them ha ha

Same here. But Hector is a great meighbour!

I have great neighbors as I a very selective on who I add. Set a personal limit of only having 50 & I have 52. Most are 3 or 4 stars. ;-). That is all I feel I can care for & visit with to my standards. (I am also a 4 star.)
However, Anyone that posts on my wall, I will return the favor. I have several repeat visitors daily.
On occasion, one of my neighbors will drop to a Zero. I give them the 'warning', "Oh No! Your star rating has dropped to a Zero! Is everything OK?". Then I will wait for a few days to see if I get a response. I.e. One was in the hospital, and another on holiday, but their message had dropped off their wall. If no response, then they get cut.
Basically, you have to determine what works for you & what you want your limits to be.
Good luck! ;-)

That's basically my personal "policy" with a few less reasons to delete someone. I'd add you...but it seems you don't want to have more!

I also forgot 2 more reasons that I delete. If they break the TL ToS (I think it should be respected); if I want to delete them-I do feel I should have the right to delete anyone at my discretion:p.

nicola_grant
09-13-11, 03:14 PM
I decided to go through and delete all neighbours with a zero rating :)
Now I'm lower on neighbours :(
Doh.
If anyone is after new neighbours, feel free to add me. Haha.

sissy8
09-13-11, 03:23 PM
:D
I actually keep a chunk of inactive neighbors
yep i have them to, I love them they don't play anymore, great neighbours to expand

Rachael98
09-13-11, 03:24 PM
I decided to go through and delete all neighbours with a zero rating :)
Now I'm lower on neighbours :(
Doh.
If anyone is after new neighbours, feel free to add me. Haha.

Added.

:D
yep i have them to, I love them they don't play anymore, great neighbours to expand

Why not have a chunk of active players?

nicola_grant
09-13-11, 03:34 PM
Added.

Woo thanks Hun :)

fuhran
09-14-11, 07:22 PM
Why would you delete neighbors? It seems pointless to delete someone you have spent time to invite unless you are max level/max expansions. I see how the game can be very social, however it seems incredibly tedious to care that much about a phone game. I'm not aware of any cap on neighbors and if there is I can understand the point of view of removing a neighbor who is not helping your farm. I am at 68 neighbors on one of my games and do not see any reason to get more unless I need to for zone expansion, in which case I will search for new neighbors, not because they gift, water, tip or anything else there is. In any case I don't see the point in removing someone even if they don't give you gifts or anything, unless there is an alternate reason; such as a user creating a bad environment for their story game for the sole purpose of exploiting how fast you can level up or acquire coin.

pinkster73
09-14-11, 07:30 PM
Why would you delete neighbors? It seems pointless to delete someone you have spent time to invite unless you are max level/max expansions. I see how the game can be very social, however it seems incredibly tedious to care that much about a phone game. I'm not aware of any cap on neighbors and if there is I can understand the point of view of removing a neighbor who is not helping your farm. I am at 68 neighbors on one of my games and do not see any reason to get more unless I need to for zone expansion, in which case I will search for new neighbors, not because they gift, water, tiup or anything else there is. In any case I don't see the point in removing someone even if they don't give you gifts or anything, unless there is an alternate reason; such as a user creating a bad environment for their story game for the sole purpose of exploiting how fast you can level up or acquire coin.

I want neighbors who will water my farm on a regular basis. I water all my neighbors almost daily, so I like that in return.

nmishii
09-14-11, 08:18 PM
Why would you delete neighbors? It seems pointless to delete someone you have spent time to invite unless you are max level/max expansions. I see how the game can be very social, however it seems incredibly tedious to care that much about a phone game. I'm not aware of any cap on neighbors and if there is I can understand the point of view of removing a neighbor who is not helping your farm. I am at 68 neighbors on one of my games and do not see any reason to get more unless I need to for zone expansion, in which case I will search for new neighbors, not because they gift, water, tip or anything else there is. In any case I don't see the point in removing someone even if they don't give you gifts or anything, unless there is an alternate reason; such as a user creating a bad environment for their story game for the sole purpose of exploiting how fast you can level up or acquire coin.

I like to keep a 4 star rating. I like to have neighbors that'll water/water back. I don't have time to water neighbors that won't water back. The neighbor list isn't very user friendly and I don't want to have to spend a lot of time scrolling through a long list to pick out the good neighbors and ignore the bad ones. I gift daily and like to gift all my neighbors in one swoop and I don't want to keep gifting deadbeat neighbors who rarely gift and never water.

For new neighbors, I delete in the first 2-4 days if they don't gift or water.

If I don't hear from an established neighbor after a few days I'll check their place and try to find out why. If their place is abandoned I'll wait 2-4 weeks to delete them in case they are having phone problems or have had some sort of real-life emergency. Many will post they they are on vacation, studying for tests, etc. If there doesn't appear to be a problem I'll monitor activity and/or I'll post on their wall asking if they are still playing, and delete them after about a week or two if they continue to not visit.

I had a neighbor quit this week. I also had one that abandoned her farm with just trees and I don't know if she quit or went on vacation. So I have 33 active neighbors. 23 are waterers and I get my 20 dog bowls each day. I'd like to add a couple more neighbors. Feel free to add me if you at least water back and gift only dog bowls, and say you added me from this thread.

fuhran
09-14-11, 10:06 PM
pinkster, you must not have very many neighbors then, cause if you had 60 neighbors and you watered all their farms everyday, then i feel sorry for your life.

fuhran
09-14-11, 10:09 PM
I can see a reason to have neighbors that actually play, and will give you a requested item, but beyond that watering 60 other people's farm everyday is over****. if you ONLY play farm story and thats all you do all day long, then I can understand watering all 60 neighbors who are active. but I dont think most people play like that, and if they do, then those people are crazy imo.

nicola_grant
09-15-11, 02:26 AM

It's pointless visiting neighbours farms every day to TRY and water it if they either dont play anymore, or never bother to visit my farm...

nicola_grant
09-15-11, 02:33 AM
pinkster, you must not have very many neighbors then, cause if you had 60 neighbors and you watered all their farms everyday, then i feel sorry for your life.

Before I deleted ones at zero water level the other day, I had over 90 neighbours and visited / watered every one every day. Now I have about 60 and again, visit and water every day!

nmishii
09-15-11, 03:08 AM

People play for different reasons, and we need to find neighbors that fit our playing style. I like more interaction with my neighbors and delete neighbors who appear to just want a neighbor to expand, who receive but do not give back, or who want neighbors just to have neighbors. You have a group of neighbors who fit your playing style. I would have deleted you since you don't meet mine.

MrsShrek
09-15-11, 04:41 AM
That's basically my personal "policy" with a few less reasons to delete someone. I'd add you...but it seems you don't want to have more!

I am sorry! I did not mean to offend anyone. I'm sure you are a wonderful neighbor. It is just with a full time job, Shrek to care for, & housework to tend to, I had to set a limit for myself. Not to keep anyone out, but to give myself time to water & be social with all my neighbors & visitors, while at the same time taking care of real life matters.

MiniLaura
09-15-11, 05:16 AM
Why not have a chunk of active players?

Like I said. I am lazy. According to this thread people delete neighbors that don't water them often. I do not have time to water many farms. Keeping inactive players keeps my neighbor count up and I don't have to worry about being dropped by them because they don't go to their farms anymore.

In fact, I have some still active neighbors who have completely given up watering. Their farms are beautiful, and they have zero ratings. They gift, and I gift back and occasionally water, but I don't care if they water me back.

As has been said, people play for different reasons and in different ways. Having a handful of neighbors to interact with works for me.

jtm101
09-15-11, 06:17 AM
I like to keep my nbr count to a managable level. Gifting too many is painful, i found 200 to be too much and i seem to have settled on about 125. I water a majority of them daily, and return water from anyone, especially if they wall post. I also like to keep spots open for water on my farm for most of the day so nbrs can actually water me and i am rarely full for very long.

pinkster73
09-15-11, 07:22 AM

Actually fuhran I have about 70 neighbors. And yes I water them everyday. I had spinal cord surgery and was not mobile for quite some time. I am now more mobile but will have 2 more vertabrea replaced in a few months. I enjoy farming and would still water my neighbors daily even if I could "live" more.

Everyone has their own reasons for playing, and their own preferences on how they play. So please, don't feel "sorry for my life", my life is just fine thank you.

nicola_grant
09-15-11, 07:52 AM
Actually fuhran I have about 70 neighbors. And yes I water them everyday. I had spinal cord surgery and was not mobile for quite some time. I am now more mobile but will have 2 more vertabrea replaced in a few months. I enjoy farming and would still water my neighbors daily even if I could "live" more.

Everyone has their own reasons for playing, and their own preferences on how they play. So please, don't feel "sorry for my life", my life is just fine thank you.

You shouldnt need to justify Hun! I also don't need anyone to feel sorry for my life. I play these games quite a lot - because I enjoy them! Bloody hell I'm on holiday right now and still on them loads. Oops. Haha.

pinkster73
09-15-11, 08:08 AM
You shouldnt need to justify Hun! I also don't need anyone to feel sorry for my life. I play these games quite a lot - because I enjoy them! Bloody hell I'm on holiday right now and still on them loads. Oops. Haha.

You're right I don't need to justify. I started playing when I became "robo-mom" (as my kids call me). I like playing and I will continue to do so even when I'm "repaired".

kooky panda
09-15-11, 08:11 AM

I am glad you are doing well. (my father had the same surgery and due for his second shortly.)

I would also like to add, that these games are played very differently by players. The key to having happy gaming is to find and keep nbrs that play the game
like you do. I also will delete nbrs that I feel are not playing like I play. If I did not, I would have 2000 nbrs!!!
No one should every have to defend themselves for deleting a nbr. I have been deleted just because someone decided to only keep their very favorite nbrs.
I did not take any personal offense to that. I completely understood.

Redc
09-15-11, 09:00 AM
First of all fuhran should be ashamed of himself and his ignorant comment. Pinkster you should never feel like you have to justify why/how you play the game or for that matter how you live your life. I am sorry you even felt you had to. I am also sorry to hear about your back, i know that is extremely painful and I hope your recovering well and with out pain (though i know that it is impossible to be with out pain). I myself have 90 nbrs and wtr and gift them everyday. I also have a job where i work between 40-70 hours a week, but i play the game while i enjoy my morning coffee before work.
As far as the real topic here like i said i wtr and gift everyday so i try to only keep nbrs who do at least one of those daily as well. It's nothing against the rest of the players, thats just how i play :)
Again Pinkster I wish you the best.

sourlicorice2
09-15-11, 09:46 AM
I had a neighbor quit this week. I also had one that abandoned her farm with just trees and I don't know if she quit or went on vacation. So I have 33 active neighbors. 23 are waterers and I get my 20 dog bowls each day. I'd like to add a couple more neighbors. Feel free to add me if you at least water back and gift only dog bowls, and say you added me from this thread.[/QUOTE]

I sent invite  I water and gift dog bowls daily.

gitten
09-15-11, 10:33 AM
This is one reason that I wish there was a "message all" for each game. I was away for 6 days and rushed before I left, so only posted on my wall. Was able to gift every day but not visit. I lost several neighbors who don't want neighbors who fall below 3-4 star rating. Well, of course I did because I couldn't visit - am still trying to catch up on some games. Most of my neighbors were so understanding. It would be nice to always be able to notify my neighbors when I will be away because my husband and I do travel quite a lot and internet is not always cooperative!!! I also have some neighbors with low star ratings who have been great neighbors since I started playing - they gift but don't always visit and I would not delete them. But, I think you have to play for awhile to know how each neighbor plays. I don't blame those who want daily gift/visit players - that is how they want to play and I can't always fill that role. Anyway, I am very grateful for my wonderful neighbors who gift/visit, gift, or visit. Thanks!! BUT please TL think about the "message all" - it would be just like the gift all button.

badger8
09-15-11, 11:09 AM
@Pinkster- Ignore that post. I'm with you. I have a job, husband, and 2 kids- and all that goes with it- quite a busy life in my book! These games help me relax at the end of the day. I also enjoy tipping/gifting everyone daily. I enjoy the social aspect of these games and it's just plain fun.

@gitten- I got around your problem once by actually spelling a message in my Bakery/Resto with tables- that I'd be back on X date. Kind of a pain, but it worked and no one deleted me. I agree, though, we need some way/sign/something to say we're coming back!

sourlicorice2
09-15-11, 11:20 AM
I had a neighbor quit this week. I also had one that abandoned her farm with just trees and I don't know if she quit or went on vacation. So I have 33 active neighbors. 23 are waterers and I get my 20 dog bowls each day. I'd like to add a couple more neighbors. Feel free to add me if you at least water back and gift only dog bowls, and say you added me from this thread.

I sent invite  I water and gift dog bowls daily.[/QUOTE]

Oops erased the name who posted the quote above. I sent an invite to u nmishii

pinkster73
09-15-11, 11:31 AM
This is one reason that I wish there was a "message all" for each game. I was away for 6 days and rushed before I left, so only posted on my wall. Was able to gift every day but not visit. I lost several neighbors who don't want neighbors who fall below 3-4 star rating. Well, of course I did because I couldn't visit - am still trying to catch up on some games. Most of my neighbors were so understanding. It would be nice to always be able to notify my neighbors when I will be away because my husband and I do travel quite a lot and internet is not always cooperative!!! I also have some neighbors with low star ratings who have been great neighbors since I started playing - they gift but don't always visit and I would not delete them. But, I think you have to play for awhile to know how each neighbor plays. I don't blame those who want daily gift/visit players - that is how they want to play and I can't always fill that role. Anyway, I am very grateful for my wonderful neighbors who gift/visit, gift, or visit. Thanks!! BUT please TL think about the "message all" - it would be just like the gift all button.

Uh oh, what's your farm name? Were you my neighbor? Tee hee

friscosharkboy
09-16-11, 01:27 PM
I delete when the star rating is zero and there is nothing to water when I go to their farm. I also delete if their farm is so frenetic that it is hard to see where to water. I don't need the water, but I do need something to water to keep my rating up.

tpaiusa
09-17-11, 12:14 PM
I have a question. How can you delete the neighbors that they don't play anymore?

greygull
09-17-11, 12:40 PM
I have a question. How can you delete the neighbors that they don't play anymore?

On the top of your neighbor list, there should be a small icon that says "Edit". Once you click on it, the gift and visit buttons next to neighbors names will be replaced with a "remove" option. Just make sure to click edit again, to not keep deleting the neighbors you wish to keep.

tpaiusa
09-17-11, 05:27 PM
On the top of your neighbor list, there should be a small icon that says "Edit". Once you click on it, the gift and visit buttons next to neighbors names will be replaced with a "remove" option. Just make sure to click edit again, to not keep deleting the neighbors you wish to keep.

Thank you very much

nicola_grant
09-24-11, 02:19 AM
Added.

?

Doh did you delete me? Or have you changed your farm name?