PDA

View Full Version : No notifications=expired contracts

grimmtown
09-11-11, 05:39 PM
I have lost several 100s of thousands of coins due to contracts expiring
I generally do 2 day contracts on over 12 factories. This has happened too many times
I understand its a known issue and a fix is supposedly in the works but it does help the lost coins. I see ppl suggesting using a external timer. While that is all good this app is supposed to notify you when contracts expire. I have it set that way so i dont forget. Now ive lost so many coins. TeamLava should credit the loss due to bug in the app

ariesblu
09-11-11, 10:13 PM
Notifications never worked on the android platform for cs, fs, and zoo, and they haven't worked for months on farm. It doesn't seem like tl has the incentive to do anything about this problem.

casadolce
09-11-11, 10:19 PM
I'm on an iPad. I get notifications on Nightclub and Farm only. Not on Bakery, Restaurant, Fashion or City. :(

nmishii
09-11-11, 10:35 PM
If you know the timer in the game doesn't work, and don't want to use an external app, then you should keep track on your own of when something is ready. The player, not TL, is responsible for knowing when it an item is ready.

Notifications did not exist for Android when I started playing 3 games. Notifications were released earlier this year. Two of my notifications haven't worked for months, and I can't trust that the other one will work all the time. So I keep track on my own.

And like ariesblu, I also don't think TL will do anything about fixing the problems with notificsations.

grimmtown
09-13-11, 04:21 AM
The notification is part of the functionality of the game (or was) I've put real money into this game.
I should not have to use some other means to keep track of contracts. Guess I'll stop using City Story.

TeamLava will lose alot of people if they don't fix these bugs.

blinvy2
09-14-11, 07:22 AM
I hope TeamLava fixes this soon. I've had this problem for a few months now and have lost countless contracts because of it. I'm on an iPad first gen. Is there any reason it would stop working in City Story only?

ariesblu
09-15-11, 05:50 PM
I hope TeamLava fixes this soon. I've had this problem for a few months now and have lost countless contracts because of it. I'm on an iPad first gen. Is there any reason it would stop working in City Story only?

I concur, and hope it starts working some time in the near future.