PDA

View Full Version : TIKL-Touch to Talk Free APP in Application Store

kooky panda
09-10-11, 05:46 PM
Hey guys I found a really cool free app in the app store. It is in Itunes and the android market.

search for TIKL.

when you download you have a walkie Talkie on your iphone and android phones.
My hubby and I have been playing with it all day.
My nephew is on an android and I am iphone and now we can walkie talkie each other.

Thought I would pass this on.

Mogwai4111
09-10-11, 05:49 PM
I recently dropped text messaging from my phone plan. What's the point of having it if there's stuff like google talk out there?

greygull
09-10-11, 05:59 PM
I love TIKL - been using it for months. Before, we all had Nextel phones with Push to Talk. When we switched to Verizon, they decided to skip that option (hey, we have unlimited minutes - I'm not going to complain :) ).

kooky panda
09-10-11, 06:10 PM
I love when the doorbell goes off!!

trenae
09-12-11, 10:04 AM
I installed it the day this was posted to check it out - I've since removed it. Does that app override the device being on silent?

Edit: Because I usually have my device on silent, but with that app installed my device made all the noises I don't want it making (like any lol).

greygull
09-12-11, 10:15 AM
It shouldn't override. I had it for quite a while, before my phone crashed (totally separate issue) and everything was just fine. I'm looking at the Permissions page (Android) - the system tools does say "Disable key lock, prevent phone from sleeping", and the Hardware Controls say "Change your audio settings, record auto". I'm trying it now, with the phone on silent. It stayed silent.

trenae
09-12-11, 10:20 AM
Hmm... Ok then, maybe I'll try it again and see how it goes.

kooky panda
09-12-11, 10:22 AM
When my Iphone is silent, I cannot hear the doorbell. I will have a pop up on my screen in the morning that someone tried to call.