PDA

View Full Version : OMG i forgot

kmjnhh123
09-09-11, 06:59 AM
LOL caus of teamlava i had to put my restricts passcode on my iphone 4, i forgot about it, i updated my passcode for my lock screen various times but now i cant rem the restrictions passcode!!!!!! apple said i gonna have to reset my whole phone, but i aint goona do that for a while, so if i ever get a lot of gifts cards i was gonna get some gems, (maybe and if like 70% off) but now its like !!!

Whole else forgot there iphone/ipod/ipad passcodes??

hectorloch
09-09-11, 08:35 AM
Did they say "reset" or "restore" ? Must be restore. That may be OK. Restoring your iDevice from time to time is no bad thing. Is your main machine a Mac ? Shouldn't matter as you'll have iTunes one way or another on your main machine but I'm a Mac only user and if you are concerned wait for a PC player - who will show up here eventually if you say.

Plug in your phone or pad. It'll show up in the sidebar. If asked to Sync, I would do so. Then, open the tab to the device. In the middle of the three boxes then showing up you'll see the "Restore" option. Click it. You will then get a message asking if you want to back up - say YES - although you should have backed up with the SYNC. But If you don't get the back up message and you're worried you haven't backed up the existing contents on your phone STOP STOP STOP. Go back and somehow do a back up before attempting any of this. Assuming you have backed up, hit Restore or Continue with Restore, or whatever. It'll take 30 mins maybe. You'll now have a refreshed device with the latest software. When it's finished it'll ask if you want to put all your back up stuff on. Don't - not yet. Disconnect. Go into the InApp control panel and ensure it's switched off. For good measure, switch it on, insert a new password (which you'll remember this time :)) and then switch it off again. Plug back into to your main machine and use the back up feature to put all your stuff back. With any luck, your InApp will have stayed off. If not, well, it was worth a try.

Your TL stuff is all safe on their servers of course - just download your games again if you had to start all over. However, I appreciate you'll have tons more stuff on the device you won't want to lose.

If all this makes you nervous, don't do it yourself. Get a knowledgeable friend to help you do it.

kmjnhh123
09-15-11, 07:59 AM
yeh im on a PC, mac are useless, yehh but i NEED everything, my notes, email, all my app data (all 253 of them!) messages, phone, contacts and everything, im not gonna try to fix it caus im just wana cry lol, its so confusing are hard n long, so i might go into a apple store and see if we can do it at the store on there macs, but for the time being ive bascially f**ed my iphone 4 up badly, if i cant get apple to do it with me at a store im just not gonna do it.... :(, like i have now ?16 left of store credit, when i fill my phone up with PAID apps (my phone has been full from day 1 lol, its only 14GB) i will have spare credit and i wont be able to buy in app content, and i cant ask for gifts cards either caus i cant spend it!! but i also heard that the backup has the settings for my phone so it still have the pass code for restrictions :(, i really just wana hit my self about this, i really have messed it up, i dont no what to do

Rachael98
09-15-11, 08:03 AM
yeh im on a PC, mac are useless, yehh but i NEED everything, my notes, email, all my app data (all 253 of them!) messages, phone, contacts and everything, im not gonna try to fix it caus im just wana cry lol, its so confusing are hard n long, so i might go into a apple store and see if we can do it at the store on there macs, but for the time being ive bascially f**ed my iphone 4 up badly, if i cant get apple to do it with me at a store im just not gonna do it.... :(, like i have now ?16 left of store credit, when i fill my phone up with PAID apps (my phone has been full from day 1 lol, its only 14GB) i will have spare credit and i wont be able to buy in app content, and i cant ask for gifts cards either caus i cant spend it!! but i also heard that the backup has the settings for my phone so it still have the pass code for restrictions :(, i really just wana hit my self about this, i really have messed it up, i dont no what to do

This is not good:(. Have you contacted the Apple Email Support Team yet?

pinkster73
09-15-11, 08:04 AM
Tee hee I never log off the forum because I can't remember my password to log back on. There's my confession for the day

sterlingempire
09-15-11, 04:35 PM
You can always change your password from the app itself, right where you created it. ;)