PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for upgrades to improve user interaction

wardos
09-08-11, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I am totally addicted to RS, and have come up with some ideas to suggest for future updates which would also encourage the user community to interact better (which I believe you are trying to do more of at present)?

1. Create a 'Favourites' tab. In a similar manner to the 'Wall' tab, everyone has a Favourites tab (which is publicly viewable). When a user visits a restaurant and really likes it, they can have the option of adding it to their own Favourites list. (this would be very useful as there are some AMAZING restaurants out there, and obviously they will be maxed out for neighbours most of the time...this gives users a way of linking into those restaurants so that they may tip/admire, without having to go convoluted paths to try find that restaurant again!)...other users can view your Favourites, which would mean that those restaurants that have been favourited lots of times will have more 'publicity' and interest.

- If a user's restaurant is favourited by another user, a notification will appear in their news feed...so they can check out the restaurant that likes them and thank them, etc!

- When you favourite a restaurant, you are given the option whether to subscribe to notifications of updates of that restaurant

- Whenever a user changes their restaurant and fancies sending out a notification to their subscribers to check it out, they click a button which automatically adds a notification to subscribers newsfeeds (e.g. "Restaurant Name"has updated their restaurant (users must also be given the option to remove themselves from notifications to avoid abuse of this function)

2. Another idea I have is a little more complicated, but similar functionality to the Building/Requesting Parts functionality, but with food. Something like 'hosting a party', or 'build a buffet'

Hosting party idea: User hosts a party and invites neighbours to attend/bring their own food. All must cook a special dish, and when all complete, all of those restaurants get a mega-special dish/spread in their restaurants

Build a buffet idea: User wishes to provide a buffet but needs lots of little bits and bobs which can only be completed by helpful neighbouring restaurants. (Similar to building ovens, etc, but rather than screws, you could have sausage rolls, crisps, etc). Resulting in a special buffet which brings in tonnes of money (got to be worth the effort of building!).

Hope you like my ideas! I imagine they'd be quite good fun to code as well!

wardos

Rachael98
09-08-11, 01:13 PM
I've never seen either of these suggests before. And to be quite frank...well...THEY'RE AMAZING:D!!!

I love them. They are fantastic interaction ideas which would work really well (they could also be edited slightly to fit into the other games) and I think well-used and popular in-game.
Very, very well done:). Wow...I'm actually sitting here feeling pretty impressed;).

wardos
09-08-11, 01:16 PM
Thank you Rachael98! <bows>!

Rachael98
09-08-11, 01:43 PM
Thank you Rachael98! <bows>!

You only need to bow to Forum Leaders:p. I am not:(, but thank you anyway:). They are fantastic ideas.
What does everybody else think of them (and no TLDR;))?

carelessred
09-08-11, 02:11 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea ;)

wardos
09-08-11, 11:12 PM
Fingers crossed Forum Leaders will like it too - what does TLDR mean?! :)

Rachael98
09-08-11, 11:16 PM
Fingers crossed Forum Leaders will like it too - what does TLDR mean?! :)

Lol...it's not allowed here (hence the "no"), so I won't say; where are the Mods though:)?

wardos
09-09-11, 12:36 AM
Maybe they read it and got so excited, they've got right on to the developers and forgot to reply! Lol!

Eldin
09-09-11, 01:45 AM
Keep it up! I am sure that they read our ideas, alot of them already got implented lately! :D

I could reccomend you to give Bakery Story, Restaurant Story and Fashion Story a chance.
I also love Restaurant Story but those other Games aswell. (Like those better then their others)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

briguynv
09-09-11, 03:52 PM
These ideas are good!! I'd also like to see a permanent wall post, where we can post notifications & messages to visitors/neighbors, but it can't be pushed down when others leave comments on our walls!! Something that sticks to the top of the page!!

sissy8
09-09-11, 04:08 PM
great idea this blows some new blood in the resto:o

justinc90
09-12-11, 02:33 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I like it. It would save time from hunting through your long list of neighbors for that special restaurant.

badger8
09-12-11, 02:40 PM
I like your second idea...
I see a problem with your first idea, though. There is a huge thread going on now about a block button. Right now the only way to avoid people that spam a wall or write some not-so-nice things is to not reply back and hope they can't find you again. If there is a "favorites" button, these goof-balls will have unlimited access to anyone they care to harass.
Not trying to put a damper because I agree we REALLY need some new material, just not so sure this will fly.

sissy8
09-12-11, 02:44 PM
love these ideas they're making resto really interesting:o

nmishii
09-12-11, 02:49 PM
Good ideas. Hope to see one or both implemented.

Rachael98
09-12-11, 03:29 PM
I like your second idea...
I see a problem with your first idea, though. There is a huge thread going on now about a block button. Right now the only way to avoid people that spam a wall or write some not-so-nice things is to not reply back and hope they can't find you again. If there is a "favorites" button, these goof-balls will have unlimited access to anyone they care to harass.
Not trying to put a damper because I agree we REALLY need some new material, just not so sure this will fly.

When we get our block button, that will be solved though.

badger8
09-12-11, 03:38 PM
yes it will. I like your optimism!