PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we sell flooring and walls

draggiesfire
09-06-11, 10:17 PM
I had neighbor ask me why can't we sell floor tiles,
and the wall paneling. I answered them I do not know
I will ask the next time I go to the TL forum.
So why can't we sell them?

joyirene
09-06-11, 10:39 PM
The only thing I can think is something to do with clicking. Like if trying to click a floor tile to sell you would just end up clicking the item instead that may be on it. Or going to sell a wallpaper and clicking the photo or window you have there. Seems like they would have to have a whole separate mode so you could go into selling with everything faded out like when placing floor tiles, but that sounds like a lot of work for TL. Who knows? I'm also interested to get an answer!

nmishii
09-06-11, 10:54 PM
If you were able to click on your floor tile and wallpaper, and then select "sell," then what would be on your floor or wall after you sold it? What was there originally or what was the last floor tile or wallpaper you had there may have been put on a different part of the floor or wall. You need to have something on your wall and floor and it wouldn't be right for TL to decide that. Yes, they can add in code to have you go into your inventory and pick a replacement floor tile or wallpaper if they wanted to.

So far everything is sold off the playing area. I can't think of anything you can sell in your inventory. Yes, its possible for TL to change this, but would need to be implemented across all games to be consistent.

But, I'll wait for TL to answer.

Halibel
09-07-11, 12:14 AM
There's no default free tile that replaces the one you've sold.

draggiesfire
09-07-11, 01:27 AM
What I mean I have in storage alot of different
other colors of floor tiles and different colored
Wall papering that I don't use that is what I'm wondering
why we can't sell them?

Halibel
09-07-11, 04:28 PM
Because, currently there is no possible way of selling things in your inventory without placing it in your store first.
You can't sell your floor tiles in the shop because you can't sell your other items that are in inventory.

Rachael98
09-07-11, 04:38 PM
Also, how realistic is it that you could sell used wallpaper or tiles? It's a stretch letting us store them! This way is far more realistic, in my opinion