PDA

View Full Version : expanding.

jedi117
09-06-11, 08:20 PM
I looked through the designing and it said if I have 10 neighbors I can expand my restaurant and when I got 10 neighbors it disappeared. Why?

nmishii
09-06-11, 08:25 PM
You need 10 neighbors and some number of coins for all non-gem expansions.

Meeting the neighbor requirement unlocks the ability to buy the expansion with coins. It should tell you how many coins you need. Once you meet the coin requirement you can expand.

casadolce
09-06-11, 08:25 PM
10 neighbours is only a per-requisition. You still have to pay coins or gems to expand.

jvrichie
09-15-11, 12:32 AM
Same problem and those of you answering are not listening very well.

The first thing that happens is you get a frame saying "add 7 neighbors" and right next to it is another square with the exact same measurements saying 50,000 to expand. Do you get it? Both options appear side by side and separate from each other. It is very clearly not saying that once you get the neighbors you then have to pay 50,000 because that is also an option by itself. Theres no reason for both to be there unless they are an either/or choice. Theres certainly plenty of room on the tile to say that you need both if that was what they meant.

Whether this is a mistake or not it is still bs and needs to be fixed.

nmishii
09-15-11, 02:52 AM
Its been awhile since I expanded needed neighbors or expanded at all. I used to see an expansion icon to expand for 40 gems and one next to it for coins (since I met the neighbor requirement). I am on Android.

I have not seen what you are describing, and I'm assuming the other people answering you are/were seeing what I was seeing. It has always been that you need to meet the criteria for both neighbors and coins to expand.

Things are constantly changing in the games, some incorrectly. TL does not test their changes well if at all.

What you are seeing is misleading and incorrect. It should be corrected. A mod should be reading this later and should report it. To help them get the problem fixed, you should list your device, OS, and RS version.

kooky panda
09-15-11, 04:52 AM
JVRICHIE-I have posted a picture of the expansion options for Farm Story to try and help with your question.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/99ad8b7e.jpg

kooky panda
09-15-11, 04:58 AM
As per the picture when you want to expand to 13x13 you have two options, you can use 20 gems(no required nbr needed) or you can spend 50,000.00 coins to expand
as long as your have 4 neighbors.

If you RS options are not similar to these, please post a picture so we can see if your options are having a issue.

greygull
09-15-11, 09:45 AM
Is this just happening recently? I'm fully expanded on mine, so I can't double check. Before (when I was expanding) it would give the two side by side - one with the option to purchase with gems, the other would wither say a number of neighbors, or once reaching that, a coin amount.

nmishii
09-15-11, 07:14 PM
Is this just happening recently? I'm fully expanded on mine, so I can't double check. Before (when I was expanding) it would give the two side by side - one with the option to purchase with gems, the other would wither say a number of neighbors, or once reaching that, a coin amount.

My last and final RS expansion was in June or July, and I only saw the options for 40 gems or coins. I hadn't seen the neighbor requirement in a while, but heard you only needed 30 or so neighbors to expand, and I had more than that. This is on Android.

But there are a lot of people posting on having options for neighbors or coins, and jvrichie's description is quite clear. So maybe something went wrong with an update recently.

jovenal
09-15-11, 10:39 PM
My last and final RS expansion was in June or July, and I only saw the options for 40 gems or coins. I hadn't seen the neighbor requirement in a while, but heard you only needed 30 or so neighbors to expand, and I had more than that. This is on Android.

But there are a lot of people posting on having options for neighbors or coins, and jvrichie's description is quite clear. So maybe something went wrong with an update recently.

if you already have the neighbor requirements, you won't see it listed anymore and you'll only see the coin amount need. There must be a programming error if the coin/neighbors requirement had been separated.

moratorro
09-15-11, 10:51 PM
For those having problems with expansions: what about posting a screenshot of options given?
It would be much easier to help you...