PDA

View Full Version : Piano, Jazz Set or Harp?

sweett383
09-06-11, 08:02 PM
Hi All,

Just trying to get some opinions from the community. I already have a dance floor at my restaurant equipped with a Jukebox (18 gems).

I currently have 24 gems and I am unsure if I should risk them for the Piano (24 gems chance in Magic Box), the Jazz Set (same gems as Piano) or play it safe and get the Harp for (20 gems, available to all).

Opinions please....

casadolce
09-06-11, 08:04 PM
Get the harp. Don't gamble with your hard-earned gems. You may end up with a stupid flower.

nmishii
09-06-11, 08:32 PM
I second that. I'd get the harp. There is a low probabilty that you'd get the piano or jazz set.

eric_lee
09-06-11, 08:34 PM
My thoughts are the same, get the harp. The chance of you getting piano or jazz set is slim as ther are 2nd prize, so just play it safe. To go for piano, I would expect to open 5 to 10 boxes.

hippoberry
09-06-11, 08:35 PM
I second dolce. If you only have 24 gems, don't try to aim for one thing in a magic box - law of probability states that the magic box will take all your hopes and dreams and crush them into a tightly crumpled ball of disappointment and leave you in tears (and a flower vase). Get the harp !

It's different if you want most of the items in the magic box, though.

Halibel
09-07-11, 12:22 AM
What most people don't get about probability is that their chances of getting an item from the case, never changes even after 100 boxes. They think that, after buying 100 boxes, they're guaranteed an exceptional item.
The chances of getting an exceptional item ( 1% ) is 1 in 100 in one box
2 in 100 ONLY if there was 100 boxes and one of those had the item. The probability of getting the item after 100 boxes is 100 in 10,000 or reduced to 1 in 100 in simplest terms.

cakeandpie
09-07-11, 07:28 PM
I've wanted the piano and/or jazz set so bad...I've tried my hard earned gems a number of times and never gotten them. 10% is not a very good chance.

PurpleIvy
09-07-11, 08:39 PM
I finally earned 24 gems today and really wanted the jazz set or the piano, i had used all my previously earned gems on "safe" purchases like the pool table, tv, and jukebox, so i finally took a chance on the magic box and got a PURPLE VASE that doesnt even match my decor...unless you're willing to accept a prize that you may never use think carefully!

elliejean
09-07-11, 10:16 PM
I would go for the harp, that way you know at least your getting something you want :)

keviPad
09-12-11, 06:11 PM
I agree with the advice ive read here. Dont purchase a box if you have only 1 item in mind. I received so many jazz sets and have sold them. I dont like vases either but i can atleast use them. I hate jazz set =). I have purchased over 20 boxes. Magic box and take out box. Only once did i receive an item i really had in mind. That was my last box. i needed a phoenix to compliment my dragon. Ill continue to purchase boxes but im aking a small break.

badger8
09-12-11, 06:18 PM
I took the harp. If you don't like absolutely everything in a box, don't chance it.