PDA

View Full Version : Suggest & Vote? Are you kidding me?

larq
09-02-11, 05:27 PM
I have spent oodles of hours and some real dollars playing this silly game. I have really enjoyed it. In the beginning it was fun leveling and expanding.
Since I've been at 96 for-ev-er, the game has changed and become just another money pit.
I mean really, how can they expect to keep the interest of the upper levels if we can't expand and have to constantly purchase new buildings and have nowhere to put them. The only choice we are left with is to start removing the old original buildings we bought way back when. Kinda saddens me really.
Anyway, more to the point... Is there really any sense at all with these polls and voting? Near as I can tell, Team Lava hasn't looked at a single one. Each week they roll out more crappy looking widgets we gave to spend $ on.

jackroc
09-02-11, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't say "crappy looking"..... but I agree on all other accounts.

trenae
09-02-11, 05:32 PM
Hi larq -

The polls and suggestions are most definitively useful for TeamLava, as well as the players to be able to voice their thoughts. The information is compiled and passed on to be looked at/over. Some of the suggested items have made their way into the games, or inspired other ideas. If players are not voicing their feedback, it makes it tough for TeamLava to know what types of things players would like to see in the games.

larq
09-02-11, 05:43 PM
Well I can appreciate the party line thanks. I'm all for inspiring creativity and such. And as a Moderator, how much input do you have with TL dev team? Maybe we need to start camping on your door.

trenae
09-02-11, 05:51 PM
Well I can appreciate the party line thanks. I'm all for inspiring creativity and such. And as a Moderator, how much input do you have with TL dev team? Maybe we need to start camping on your door.

I'm afraid that won't help you any as I'm a player moderator. :p However, please feel free to post your suggestions and feedback in the various threads, the player moderators (non TL staff) will make a mention to the Community Managers (TL staff) that the idea(s) have been suggested.

farmerrobbo
09-02-11, 08:27 PM
How about this for an idea: EXPANSION!!!

Halibel
09-02-11, 08:32 PM
How about this for an idea: EXPANSION!!!

Having more expansions would cause other players to lag, you have to learn to walk before you run.

farmerrobbo
09-02-11, 09:01 PM
Having more expansions would cause other players to lag, you have to learn to walk before you run.

What do you mean by that sentence? It doesn't make any sense.

jackroc
09-03-11, 04:28 AM
People keep talking about the lagging that will happen when expanaion is added. Have they ever considered that if TL keeps making new items, that will fill up memory and also cause lagging? Honestly, I dont think a few more expansions will make that much a difference. But if you are one who believes in this "lagging", whether TL makes more objects or more expansions, the "lagging" is inevitable.

sterlingempire
09-03-11, 06:16 AM
Hi larq -

The polls and suggestions are most definitively useful for TeamLava, as well as the players to be able to voice their thoughts. The information is compiled and passed on to be looked at/over. Some of the suggested items have made their way into the games, or inspired other ideas. If players are not voicing their feedback, it makes it tough for TeamLava to know what types of things players would like to see in the games.

Tren --

So far I have looked @ quite a few suggestions for most of the stories. Little to none of the ideas have been implemented. It is very frustrating in nightclub story especially. Players are voicing their feedback but TL just has to open up their ears!

larq
09-03-11, 06:59 AM
@Sterlingempire, that is more to the spirit of my original post. I have serious doubts the polls are effecting anything but traffic on this site.

Rachael98
09-03-11, 07:06 AM
Tren --

So far I have looked @ quite a few suggestions for most of the stories. Little to none of the ideas have been implemented. It is very frustrating in nightclub story especially. Players are voicing their feedback but TL just has to open up their ears!

We always listen

Things are prepared in advance and it can take time to implement them. But, as you can see from my quoting of GM above, they do take our ideas into account-it just requires our patience.

sterlingempire
09-03-11, 07:37 AM
Things are prepared in advance and it can take time to implement them. But, as you can see from my quoting of GM above, they do take our ideas into account-it just requires our patience.

My patience has been with them for over two months! Look @ NS discussion, and you will see ALL of the new drinks I have suggested, and not ONE has been implemented. Over time, it gets frustrating.

Rachael98
09-03-11, 08:09 AM
My patience has been with them for over two months! Look @ NS discussion, and you will see ALL of the new drinks I have suggested, and not ONE has been implemented. Over time, it gets frustrating.

Well I'm afraid I'm not TL so I can't help there. However, might I just point out that they have implemented new drinks, which is really what you were asking for when you suggested yours?

nmishii
09-03-11, 08:20 AM
The forum is filled with suggestions and feedback. There are multiple threads with many posts on several suggestions. There are polls. There are threads with lists for what people want. Yes, some new weekly content is from suggestions - peacocks, cats, other decorations, and I think everyone of them has been for gems except food and crops (I only play BS, RS, and FarmS).

GM may have posted that they always listen, but actions speak louder than words. On occasion he has posted that he will talk to the developers on something, and can't promise anything, but then that's the end of that.

How many times have people posted that they want a confirmation button? Or a Gift All button? Or to be able to delete pending invites? Why haven't they listened?

How many times have iDevice users complained about dancing stars and coins and wanted them removed. What has TL done about this? They released it to Android then they released bouncing water to both iDevice and Android. Many people have asked for a tractor on Farm Story. No tractor yet, but we got a pirate ship for our farm. Is that what TL defines as "listening?"

If TL truely listened and valued their customer's suggestions, there would be feedback from them, and that is rare.

nmishii
09-03-11, 08:23 AM
Well I'm afraid I'm not TL so I can't help there. However, might I just point out that they have implemented new drinks, which is really what you were asking for when you suggested yours?

No, not exactly. Implementing new drinks is part of the weekly updates that TL promised. The specific type of drink is what sterlingempire is talking about.

I know I just spoke for sterling, and if I'm wrong, I apologize.

Rachael98
09-03-11, 08:29 AM
The forum is filled with suggestions and feedback. There are multiple threads with many posts on several suggestions. There are polls. There are threads with lists for what people want. Yes, some new weekly content is from suggestions - peacocks, cats, other decorations, and I think everyone of them has been for gems except food and crops (I only play BS, RS, and FarmS).

GM may have posted that they always listen, but actions speak louder than words. On occasion he has posted that he will talk to the developers on something, and can't promise anything, but then that's the end of that.

How many times have people posted that they want a confirmation button? Or a Gift All button? Or to be able to delete pending invites? Why haven't they listened?

How many times have iDevice users complained about dancing stars and coins and wanted them removed. What has TL done about this? They released it to Android then they released bouncing water to both iDevice and Android. Many people have asked for a tractor on Farm Story. No tractor yet, but we got a pirate ship for our farm. Is that what TL defines as "listening?"

If TL truely listened and valued their customer's suggestions, there would be feedback from them, and that is rare.

Things take time to:
-Get to GM
-Get into reports
-Be discussed
-Be planned
-Be made
-Implemented.
The conversation that I was having where that quote came from was actually prasing TL on listening to their customers.

sterlingempire
09-03-11, 08:33 AM

Well, not really! I have posted a whole LIST of all the drinks that EVERYONE has suggested, all in one, and not a single drink has been implemented. I am not sure where TL gets the drink ideas, but one thing for sure: not from us.

sterlingempire
09-03-11, 08:48 AM
What I mean is a LONG, LONG, time ago, I made a list with ALL, that means EVERY-SINGLE suggestion that has been suggested for NS and not been taken into account. I made that so TL can see what they haven't gotten to yet. I expected at least ONE DRINK, out of the LOOOOONG LIST, to be on the games, but I was wrong. TL did not take any of our stuff into consideration! Instead, they think up their own stuff to add and expect us to like it? Sure, some of the stuff I enjoy. But SERIOUSLY, reality is, TL needs to listen to their customers! I get really pissed when my voice is not heard. If you want, I will post that long list:

Drinks

Negroni
B52
Mojito
Daiquiri
Alexander
Caipirinha
Black Russian
Margarita
Pina Colada
Sea Breeze
Sangria
Shirley Temple
Zombie
Spicy Pirate
Grasshopper
Frosty Cider
Sunburn

Has anyone seen at least ONE of these drinks on NC?

nmishii
09-03-11, 09:37 AM
Things take time to:
-Get to GM
-Get into reports
-Be discussed
-Be planned
-Be made
-Implemented.
The conversation that I was having where that quote came from was actually prasing TL on listening to their customers.

I know things take time; I used to develop software. You forgot "Be tested" on your list. Oh, and so did TL.

But some of the suggestions have been made over a year ago, and are constantly being suggested over and over. Its gotten to the point where I see another poll and I think, "why bother"

trenae
09-03-11, 09:44 AM
I know things take time; I used to develop software. You forgot "Be tested" on your list. Oh, and so did TL.

But some of the suggestions have been made over a year ago, and are constantly being suggested over and over. Its gotten to the point where I see another poll and I think, "why bother"

Do you recall which items have been suggested over a year and are still being suggested? While there is no guarantee that any suggestions will be implemented, myself or another mod would be happy to make a mention of the long time requested items.

jackroc
09-03-11, 02:18 PM
For city story I can think of some items players wanted, and we got them:

1. College
2. Bridge
3. Stadium
4. Hopspital
5. Convention Center

All of these were recently added, and suggested by players. TL is listening. The only problem is, only one of these items we wanted are coins! 3of them were limmited time only purchases, and one is a 1st key box item. Thanks for listening TL, but PLEASE cut back on the cash items!

xcellent
09-03-11, 09:39 PM
Do you recall which items have been suggested over a year and are still being suggested? While there is no guarantee that any suggestions will be implemented, myself or another mod would be happy to make a mention of the long time requested items.

Obviously- expansion in CS!
Talk about lagging....... Isn't it that moving chars in RS,BS,FS causes more lag than non-moving items? So what is there to lag in CS? they better remove those bouncing stars and coins first, b4 talking about "lag"..... And exchange those bytes that used by these bouncers to expansion..... Take some...give some... Wouldn't that make players happy?... ;-)

Hawaiianmomma
09-03-11, 11:16 PM

Block Button Please

talyon
09-04-11, 02:28 AM
TL has implemented some of our suggestions, including my Curry dish. Lol
But let's not also forget, if I was TL I'd have a lot of my OWN stuff I wanted in MY games, only stands to reason TL use their own thoughts for what their games should look like, and they do use some of OURS. I'm for communication etc, which are what polls etc are for. 1 thing for sure, I Listen. Lol

farmerrobbo
09-05-11, 05:02 AM

Delete pending invites.

xokay
09-10-11, 07:18 AM
What you all are overlooking is that it takes a lot of time and work to implement entire new features. It probably takes more work than you or I even realizes. That being said, I agree that a lot of features need to be implemented like a block button, and confirmation buttons. The points about suggestions being useless is simply not true. Sissy, for instance, pushed for the peacock for months and finally got it, and in City Story we got a university, convention centre, now a bike shop and more. It takes months to develop and test new items, let alone implementing entirely new features to the game-play. Please understand that the Suggestion polls are being listened to, as we mods send a report to TL every two weeks with the results.

xcellent
09-10-11, 07:27 AM
The problem is..... TL is also overlooking the "main" requests of the players...
They keep adding updates without looking BACK at the former and most important requests...

"block buttons" and "confirmation" not to mention expansion- has been a looooong time requests compare to those newly requested and implemented items..... What is the difference and how big is the difference if to compare the constant pop ups of gem ads against the requested button pop ups?..... Just asking.....

xokay
09-10-11, 07:52 AM
The problem is..... TL is also overlooking the "main" requests of the players...
They keep adding updates without looking BACK at the former and most important requests...

"block buttons" and "confirmation" not to mention expansion- has been a looooong time requests compare to those newly requested and implemented items..... What is the difference and how big is the difference if to compare the constant pop ups of gem ads against the requested button pop ups?..... Just asking.....

Yes, but it's hard to say whether TL is working on these features or not. And GroupMagma has superiors to report to who do not allow him to tell us certain things. The expansion problem is something they seem to be trying to figure out, though they have stated many times that having more expansions means taking more room on peoples' devices, something the older generation iOS devices in particular couldn't handle. While ToastyRock is on the forum sometimes, GroupMagma does his best to collect feedback from the entire forum (which I can tell you is extremely difficult since I've become a mod and have responsibilities I didn't even dream of.) That is why it's important to comment and vote on the bi-weekly poll threads because, like I said, we provide GM with that feedback every second week, and he reports back to his superiors with it.

xcellent
09-10-11, 08:14 AM
I understand ur position (tho i haven't tried it yet, i have some friends who tells me their stories ;-) ).....

TL made some polls and yes, some had been implemented....... Players made some polls/suggestions, and again some are implemented..... But where is the "longest" and "most requested" buttons? They OVERLOOK at it..... Why?.... When it comes to gem, even if it annoys everyone but TL profit from it, they will put a plug in their ears and a removable patch in their eyes....... We all know the answer..... They dont want to lose "some" of their millions which came from a bad way- becos of "accidental" tapping! They earned their millions from there......

And yet,here we are...... Hoping and waiting for a solution that seems so near yet so far...... :-(

xokay
09-10-11, 08:36 AM
I know it's frustrating. I hate it, too. But it is possible to see a change. When they took out the gnomes in exchange for a gem, the entire forum rose up against that and they changed it. Hopefully all of these features we players want will be implemented at some point, with the right kind of pressure on the company.

sterlingempire
09-10-11, 08:52 AM
A block button will never happen. TL refuses to listen! Its as simple as that. Simply "Passing the word" to the devs is not going to solve anything. The devs should be reading the forum itself!

xokay
09-10-11, 08:57 AM
A block button will never happen. TL refuses to listen! Its as simple as that. Simply "Passing the word" to the devs is not going to solve anything. The devs should be reading the forum itself!

I'm not quite sure about that. It would make sense to implement it. Obviously, there are pros and cons, but it would be beneficial to them to not have support swarmed with "behavioural" problems all the time. Having a block button would solve that. That's the way I see it, anyway. Then again, you could run into people being blocked for no reason and then being swarmed with emails about THAT, so it's hard to say which way they see it.

GroupMagma
09-12-11, 10:15 AM
I'll recap some of the things mentioned in this thread already.

We do read all the item suggestions and feature suggestions. Many of them are being implemented or worked on. However:

1) These things take time. There are some items (and especially features) that require a large amount of development time before they're implemented. Also, just because your item hasn't been implemented doesn't mean none of them have been.

2) Just because items or features are suggested doesn't mean they'll be implemented. Our team is working on several different things at once, and it's not feasible to put everything in the game that people suggest -- particularly because often two groups of players want different things.

3) Expansions haven't been added cause of memory issues, as has been stated ad nauseum. It's something we're working on, but I can't say when it will be ready.