PDA

View Full Version : The Great Weekly Update Date: September 2!

bawpotter
09-01-11, 01:22 PM
Well, it is almost here! The Great RS Update Date! The update is shrouded in mystery from us currently, but we may find some teasers at a later time. Our biggest mystery is a new feature: Badges! We do not know much about the yet, but we may find out on the weekly update or an App Store Update at a later date. I will keep everyone posted about badges. We do now have a teaser, some sort of divider.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/rest_tease_divider.png

What I am hoping for besides the divider:

1. At least 1 new recipe. (We have had a ton lately, I can't excpect 2.)
2. Badges to show up! They seem really cool!
3. The divider to be a coin item! We don't currently have gem dividers, (not that I know of) and I am hoping this one follows the same trend.

We still have one teaser hanging: Sweet Tea. I am not sure when this will come out, but it will be here evantually. But, if anybody gets level up teasers, please post them here. I will take care of more GM teasers.

Let's all get geared up for the Great RS Update Date!

phatnat83
09-01-11, 02:44 PM
I got a level up teaser for Chow Mein recently! I think it was when I reached level 42, hopefully another grill item!

bawpotter
09-01-11, 02:46 PM
Cool! Thank you so much!

talyon
09-01-11, 02:49 PM
Ummm, Sweet Tea is already available, I've been making it for days now.

bawpotter
09-01-11, 03:21 PM
It is...???

bigbux3
09-01-11, 03:24 PM
Badges? What about badges? Plus, aren't those things the 1,2,3... etc number indicators at the top of an app?

bawpotter
09-01-11, 03:25 PM
There is no Sweet Tea! I just checked!

redbites
09-01-11, 03:37 PM
There is no Sweet Tea! I just checked!
It's only on bakery story

bigbux3
09-01-11, 04:03 PM
Restaurant Story needs the same amount of drinks in Bakery Story! Like Lemonade!!

cakesJordanEz
09-01-11, 06:25 PM
Restaurant Story needs the same amount of drinks in Bakery Story! Like Lemonade!!

I know! I take full credit for the lemonade idea as I said it first! :D

bawpotter
09-02-11, 12:14 AM
Oh, now you tell me...

bawpotter
09-02-11, 12:15 AM
But there was an RS teaser for Sweet Tea!

LuigiLandia
09-02-11, 01:41 AM
Ummm, Sweet Tea is already available, I've been making it for days now.

We only have ICED TEA on RS for the time being...

pbrigitte
09-02-11, 04:36 AM
I saw Teriyaki Skewers or something similar when I was leveling up.

phatnat83
09-02-11, 06:07 AM
We have teriyaki skewers on the grill already :)

brightorange
09-02-11, 06:37 AM
Anyone already got the update? Or its running late for everybody?

greygull
09-02-11, 06:48 AM
It doesn't normally appear until about 11-12 PST (about 4-5 hours from now)

bawpotter
09-02-11, 07:29 AM
11am Pacific time exactly. Unless it has been delayed. Which happens a good amount.

brightorange
09-02-11, 09:17 AM
It doesn't normally appear until about 11-12 PST (about 4-5 hours from now)

Really? Because usually i get the update on friday morning which is about 12 hours ago...or maybe i'm wrong? I just hope that the update not delay until tuesday like my last RS update...cuz i am really excited about this week update.. :)

joyirene
09-02-11, 09:24 AM
I usually always get it at 2pm est, only 1.5 more hours! And I havent seen sweet tea on bakery....

talyon
09-02-11, 09:51 AM
I usually get updates in about 2 hours from now.

Sorry about the Sweet Tea, I should have checked the Story. Lol.

PurpleIvy
09-02-11, 11:04 AM
Divider is a free gift with gem purchase, zen sand tiles are for gems, no new recipes yet!

munchiez11
09-02-11, 11:11 AM
I just got it too. Those tiles are going to look trippy if you put them on right. Wonder what designs people will make.

joyirene
09-02-11, 11:19 AM
So it's zen sand tiles... I got really excited until I saw they're 1 gem each. And I guess the divider is an item for gem purchase?

nmishii
09-02-11, 11:22 AM
So it's zen sand tiles... I got really excited until I saw they're 1 gem each. And I guess the divider is an item for gem purchase?

Yes, free with gem purchase.

No food, darn.

joyirene
09-02-11, 11:27 AM
Theres been a lot of food though lately. And I could care less about it because as you know, all I want is the food I ALREADY have to sell!!!

jaid666
09-02-11, 11:27 AM
I was wondering about the divider, got my update with the zen tiles but no divider. Thanks for the heads up!

jaid666
09-02-11, 11:29 AM
I'm starting to see a trend with TL's updates, they seem to focus on gem items, food, or maybe a coin item or two each week. They don't seem to like the idea offering something for everyone in an update XD

katt2418
09-02-11, 11:34 AM
I wonder if this update is in 2 parts like the other week, i got my decos first then new recipes later in the day...

joyirene
09-02-11, 11:37 AM
I think tree might not be any recipes since there were no teasers... Last week I got the popup early but then once the magic box showed up the recipes were there as well!

doobert
09-02-11, 11:38 AM
Gem items most of the time :-( Loved the 5k water tiles last time, They need to offer more coin items. and also some different dividers to match existing tile and wall colors.

jaid666
09-02-11, 11:47 AM
Gem items most of the time :-( Loved the 5k water tiles last time, They need to offer more coin items. and also some different dividers to match existing tile and wall colors.

Good luck convincing TL to produce more items they won't profit from XD

funnyhare
09-02-11, 12:23 PM
I only got the sand tiles as the weekly update. Plus the divider is a gift from buying gems. Wat if I want a couple of them? Doesn't really make sense to me! So sad!

bawpotter
09-02-11, 01:49 PM
I am bummed... But, it is okay. We got a lot of food recently.

Phthon
09-02-11, 02:19 PM
I'm happy I got the updates in ALL my stories. I don't always use things from the updates, but it is still nice to get them!

djflea
09-02-11, 04:43 PM
Yes, you right!

nmishii
09-02-11, 04:54 PM
I'm happy I got the updates in ALL my stories. I don't always use things from the updates, but it is still nice to get them!

There's good and bad to getting the updates on Fridays. Yes, you get the updates first, but you spend 4 days closing out of the update notification popup.

If you get the updates on Tuesday, they quietly become part of your game and you don't get any update notification popups.

Lately I've been getting all the weekly updates on Friday. But I would rather get them on Tuesdays and not get the popups.

redbites
09-02-11, 04:55 PM
I'd say this update day shouldn't be called "great" mainly because who on earth would want a sand floor in their restaurant? I think the new floor would suit well in "Shanty town story restaurant"

Roxypu
09-02-11, 05:07 PM
Dont have badges wear do you get them

charlesec
09-02-11, 05:38 PM
The only update I got was the divider with a gem purchase. I didn't any decor updates... I'm on android. And I uninstalled the game and then installed it again, and nothing...

nmishii
09-02-11, 05:43 PM
The only update I got was the divider with a gem purchase. I didn't any decor updates... I'm on android. And I uninstalled the game and then installed it again, and nothing...

Not eveyone gets the update on Friday. If you didn't get the popup announcing the update or the items haven't shown up, you'll get them on Tuesday.

It isn't clear how it is determined who gets an update on Friday and who has to wait, or who get the free gift with gem purchase offers and the lowest package they have to buy to get the free gift. TL hasn't provided that information.

Dylanie
09-02-11, 06:30 PM
I'm bummed but not surprised that the divider is a gift with gem purchase. If it weren't I would've replaced all my dividers with them!

queenrocks77
09-02-11, 06:44 PM
I was hoping for some new tables :( I'm getting bored with my rose tables. :p

kailegna09
09-03-11, 01:37 AM
I'm bummed but not surprised that the divider is a gift with gem purchase. If it weren't I would've replaced all my dividers with them!

Me too! I love the new dividers! :(

thispe
09-03-11, 03:47 PM
You know what's really, really missing from the newest update? Curved zen garden tiles. Instead of one itty bitty circle they should have made four tiles with each having one quarter of a circle raked into it. That way people could have really made their restaurant look like zen gardens with different lines, swirls etc, but the little circle and only straight raked lines sadly don't leave much creative choices.

Rachael98
09-03-11, 04:00 PM
You know what's really, really missing from the newest update? Curved zen garden tiles. Instead of one itty bitty circle they should have made four tiles with each having one quarter of a circle raked into it. That way people could have really made their restaurant look like zen gardens with different lines, swirls etc, but the little circle and only straight raked lines sadly don't leave much creative choices.

Something for you to suggest?
The updates seem great this week:D!

DragonRyder
09-03-11, 06:09 PM
Whar I'd like to know is why message about the all divider gift got taken away, is there a problem with it? It still showed several days left on the timer last I saw it.

DragonRyder
09-03-11, 06:11 PM
What I'd like... and wall divider.... (correction to the above post).

thispe
09-03-11, 06:36 PM
Something for you to suggest?
The updates seem great this week:D!

Is there some sort of official suggestion box? i don't even know...

bawpotter
09-04-11, 04:06 AM
Mmmmmmm... Yes. There is. This thread:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16902-Suggestions-for-Restaurant

Post any suggestions you have!

joyirene
09-05-11, 01:11 PM
I never got the divider popup for RS but I wouldn't spend gems to get only one divider anyway... Hopeully I won't miss out on a different gem item that I'd actually buy!

yanny7
09-05-11, 11:24 PM
can anybody post a picture on how the divider(s) looks like on your restaurant? thx

nmishii
09-06-11, 01:13 AM

Updates are staggered. If you didn't get it on Friday you'll get it by Tuesday. You won't get a pop-up notification, it'll just be there.