PDA

View Full Version : How do the days work ?

emi1964
09-01-11, 01:58 AM
I don't really understand the days.
How long lasts a day ?

nmishii
09-01-11, 02:35 AM
For collecting gifts and tipping neighbors, a day starts at 12:00 am PDT

For gifting neighbors and requesting parts from neighbor, a day starts when you last gift or request

I believe you can send a part to the neighbor 24 hrs after you've sent the last part.

When cooking food, a day is 22 hrs. Two days is 46 hrs.

Is this what you were looking for?

emi1964
09-01-11, 02:52 AM
Yes thank you
But I didn't understand the day for gifting neighbors and requesting parts from neighbor.
Where can we see that in the game ?

nmishii
09-01-11, 03:32 AM
Yes thank you
But I didn't understand the day for gifting neighbors and requesting parts from neighbor.
Where can we see that in the game ?

You don't see the time in the game. You need to remember when you last gifted and when you last requested parts. For gifting, the button will become active after 24 hrs. For requesting parts, the only way I know I'm too early is if I request a part and it tells me I've already requested a part from that neighbor.

emi1964
09-01-11, 03:51 AM
Ok. Thank You

emi1964
09-01-11, 03:59 AM
So it's different between the neighbors ?

putka
09-01-11, 02:23 PM
No, the collecting gifts and parts doesn't reset with the tips. I've tried to accept a part request and it says "This nbr already accepted 20 parts today". So i try again at , 12:01, 12:02, 12:05 (I've tried all kinds of different times) and it still says the same thing. Same with gifts. I've tried sending gifts at 12:02 (CA time) and it says "This nbr already accepted 20 gifts today". I am sure that not a lot of people accept 20 gifts or parts in the first minute or two after reset.

So i would really like to know the REAL answer to this. When does the day reset for the max parts and gifts?

Once or twice i was able to finally accept a part request that i previously wasn't able to a little after 5:00 am CA time. I am rarely awake around this time though, so i can't really test this all that often to be able to prove it.

nmishii
09-01-11, 02:36 PM
For gifts, you can accept max 20 gifts anytime between 12:00 am PDT and 11:59 pm PDT.

You can only send a gift to a neighbor once every 24 hrs, resetting from the time you last sent the gift.

For parts, you can send a part to a neighbor once every 24 hrs, resetting from the time you last sent the gift.

For accepting part requests to send a part back to a neighbor, and for accepting 20 parts from neighbors, I'm not exactly sure. I think you have to wait 24 hrs between sending parts, but not sure.

putka
09-01-11, 02:39 PM
I know i can send a gift 24 hrs after i sent one.

But at 12:02 i am being told that certain nbr have already received 20 parts and/or gifts. That is NOT possible. I have tried it numerous times with plenty of different nbrs. If i wasn't allowed to accept a part request BEFORE 12:00am PDT, i still NOT allowed to do it AFTER 12:00 PDT.

Tips do reset at 12, max parts and gifts NO NOT.

putka
09-01-11, 02:40 PM
And it's not because I have personally sent that nbr a part already. It keeps saying that they have just received 20 already. Not one by me.

nmishii
09-01-11, 03:35 PM
I know i can send a gift 24 hrs after i sent one.

But at 12:02 i am being told that certain nbr have already received 20 parts and/or gifts. That is NOT possible. I have tried it numerous times with plenty of different nbrs. If i wasn't allowed to accept a part request BEFORE 12:00am PDT, i still NOT allowed to do it AFTER 12:00 PDT.

Tips do reset at 12, max parts and gifts NO NOT.

Its possible that they have already received 20 parts from parts requests, since that does not reset at 12:00.

But the gifts that you accept that are sent from a neighbor's Social=>Neighborhood menu, those reset at 12:00. The gifts that you send from your Social=>Neighborhood menu resets when you last sent them, so you may not be able to send a gift at 12:00 if your 24 hrs isn't up yet.