PDA

View Full Version : Just found out I'm now a "Rhino Keeper"

casadolce
08-30-11, 08:12 PM
Can't erase that image of picking up warm dung droppings. Yikes!

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 08:15 PM
Lol. Fashion designer here! :p

kieranyeow
08-30-11, 08:53 PM
Congratulations~:)

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 08:54 PM
What is the requirement to be a rhino keeper? I don't know that? :p

casadolce
08-30-11, 08:57 PM
What is the requirement to be a rhino keeper? I don't know that? :p

Me neither, but it's definitely nothing romantic.

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 08:58 PM
Haha. Lol
I seem to have a romantic/(not) title.. Lol.
Fashion Designer.. Even though I dint play Fasion as much! :)

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 08:58 PM
Haha. Lol
I seem to have a romantic/(not) title.. Lol.
Fashion Designer.. Even though I dint play Fasion as much! :)

Typo!!
Meant to say *don't* not dint! :D

dk16
08-30-11, 09:23 PM
Hostess here , lol :D

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 09:24 PM
Hostess? Is that right after New Resident?

dk16
08-30-11, 09:28 PM
Yeah, it's the next level.I find the new titles really strange.

redbites
08-30-11, 09:29 PM
I'm an executive chef but I don't really know what rank that is?

JennyWuzHere
08-30-11, 09:29 PM

That's with 1,000+ posts

jovenal
08-30-11, 09:34 PM

congrats! I'm just a Fashion Designer

Here's the new ranking- based on the number of post:

Rank 1: 0-9 posts New Resident
Rank 2: 10-49 posts Hostess
Rank 3: 50-99 posts Farm Supplier
Rank 4: 100-499 posts Rhino Keeper
Rank 5: 500-999 posts Fashion Designer
Rank 6: 1000-4999 posts Executive Chef
Rank 7: 5000-9999 posts Nightclub Owner
Rank 8: 10k+ posts Grand Emperor

casadolce
08-30-11, 09:49 PM
I need 136 more posts to get out of that dung-scooping position. *sigh*

Oh well, one down, 135 to go....

elliejean
08-30-11, 09:50 PM
Rhino keeper....would have preferred koala or panda though :)

pinkster73
08-30-11, 10:41 PM
I wish that since we had new titles that we could also see them when we post

macdonald
08-30-11, 10:43 PM
Yes seeing them would be great, come on TL get it together. Lol

talyon
08-30-11, 11:03 PM
Rhino Keeper eh. Lol, who got paid gems for thinking that one up. J/k. Sniff sniff. What's that smell. Nooooo it's dung man.

bawpotter
08-30-11, 11:34 PM
I am Executive Chef. I play RS, so it works for me really well

silver_dew
08-30-11, 11:56 PM
Rhino Keeper eh. Lol, who got paid gems for thinking that one up. J/k. Sniff sniff. What's that smell. Nooooo it's dung man.

You bet. Lol :D

casadolce
08-31-11, 05:47 AM
I wish that since we had new titles that we could also see them when we post

Oh no! At least not until I got out the dung man nightmare.

saintlover
08-31-11, 07:26 AM
Where are these titles?

saintlover
08-31-11, 07:29 AM
Never Mind, I see them now on here under our names for those that have expanded info. Im a Rhino Keeper too.

Phthon
08-31-11, 07:32 AM
yep. Me too. I don't even like rhinos. cranky critters if you ask me! oh, well...I see a posting spree happening soon.

saintlover
08-31-11, 07:41 AM
yep. Me too. I don't even like rhinos. cranky critters if you ask me! oh, well...I see a posting spree happening soon.

lol! Glad to see you back! Everyone feeling better now?

hectorloch
08-31-11, 07:48 AM
......... oh, well...I see a posting spree happening soon.

'fraid so. It was bad enough already over on the silly games !

So, you could write back "are you sure", I'd reply "yep" and you'd go "I thought so" and we 'd be 3 up. Saintlover could join in and then we'd be ... well, Executive Chefs in no time .... wait, er ... Executive Chef ? Maybe need to rethink this :)

casadolce
08-31-11, 08:39 AM
I don't have much to add, but I can always use another post :)

nmishii
08-31-11, 08:58 AM
I'm a Rhino Keeper too. 239 posts to get out of this. I guess its time to start playing games. Or spend the day going through all the recent posts and add a meaningless post just to increase my count.

hectorloch
08-31-11, 09:33 AM
I'm a Rhino Keeper too. 239 posts to get out of this. I guess its time to start playing games. Or spend the day going through all the recent posts and add a meaningless post just to increase my count.

Can't blame you .... but it's what I feared would happen. To be clear, I would too - Executive Chef sounds better to me than Fashion Designer. If you speak French, chef is even better !

hectorloch
08-31-11, 09:39 AM
These new titles are just daft. You can see how it happened - being chosen under the guise of an open contest but without debate or true input; someone did try I noticed but got shut down fast style. The final and only decision was made from an Executive Desk at TL. "Wouldn't it be wonderful to embrace all 8 of our wonderful games in these new Titles !" The number 8 gives it all away - it was decided before it began. The winner (for all his originality) just fell into the acceptable zone and got lucky with gems. Trouble is, these titles are not TL's Staff Titles, they are the members' titles and it is the members who earn them, have to wear them and as a result of this TL decision now have to suffer them. The odds are high that "suffer" is the right word given it's a high probability your title has nothing to do with your preferred game or games (definitely so at some point down the line) and a higher probability that none of them reflect in plain English where in the hierarchy of Forum membership a member truly fits in.

Annoying that it's being portrayed as something we had anything to do with. We didn't.

Classic case of someone looking through a telescope - from the wrong end !

pinkster73
08-31-11, 09:42 AM
Je peux ?tre un chef fran?ais

pinkster73
08-31-11, 09:44 AM
Oops that's supposed to say Je peux etre un chef francais. Darn google translate

hectorloch
08-31-11, 09:52 AM
Oops that's supposed to say Je peux etre un chef francais. Darn google translate

It's just the keyboard commands not matching.

How many have I to go now ?

hectorloch
08-31-11, 10:00 AM
Brigadier Chef de Police, I quite fancy :cool:

Count to 3 is back ! It's on EVERY thread now :)

pinkster73
08-31-11, 10:04 AM
Brigadier Chef de Police, I quite fancy :cool:

Count to 3 is back ! It's on EVERY thread now :)

Ooh ooh ok. 1

pinkster73
08-31-11, 10:06 AM
Oh god I have 335 left to go. You're almost there Hector

myweedpatch
08-31-11, 10:14 AM
I whole heartily agree with you. Kudos to you for being brave and expressing how you and others feel inspite that it may make you unpopular. In my eyes, i love it and i am the same way. I vall it like i see it and will voice what others are too scared to do. The winning titles does seem to be what the TL representative person wanted before the contest began. Hence, the mention of wanting control over it. The current titles do not describe in anyway the heiarchy or level of posts or the members experience level. Being a rhino keeper does not describe a level. It simple describes an occupation and for me, who does not enjoy some of the games, a bit insulting and non motivating.

A poll has already been tried but was shut down pretty quick. So, all we can do now is either pray that they will rethink the decision or ignore it and have no ownership and involvement in it. You did the right thing my friend. Someone needed to say what all of us are thinking but may be to cautious to say. Again, kudos to you.

These new titles are just daft. You can see how it happened - being chosen under the guise of an open contest but without debate or true input; someone did try I noticed but got shut down fast style. The final and only decision was made from an Executive Desk at TL. "Wouldn't it be wonderful to embrace all 8 of our wonderful games in these new Titles !" The number 8 gives it all away - it was decided before it began. The winner (for all his originality) just fell into the acceptable zone and got lucky with gems. Trouble is, these titles are not TL's Staff Titles, they are the members' titles and it is the members who earn them, have to wear them and as a result of this TL decision now have to suffer them. The odds are high that "suffer" is the right word given it's a high probability your title has nothing to do with your preferred game or games (definitely so at some point down the line) and a higher probability that none of them reflect in plain English where in the hierarchy of Forum membership a member truly fits in.

Annoying that it's being portrayed as something we had anything to do with. We didn't.

Phthon
08-31-11, 10:31 AM

So, you could write back "are you sure", I'd reply "yep" and you'd go "I thought so" and we 'd be 3 up. Saintlover could join in and then we'd be ... well, Executive Chefs in no time .... wait, er ... Executive Chef ? Maybe need to rethink this :)

Beats rhino keeper any day! Maybe Rhino punching bag would have been more interesting! :D

myweedpatch
08-31-11, 10:38 AM
Maybe we should stick to senior member and member? Sounds good to me. I wouldn't be upset.

hectorloch
08-31-11, 10:38 AM
If I were a Brigadier Chef de Police I would go about arresting guys for forcing other guys to impersonate yet another set of guys.

@ Phthon - Any of your cosmic dust left ?

Phthon
08-31-11, 10:43 AM
@ Phthon - Any of your cosmic dust left ?

KABLOOEY! KAPOW! We are now all Chaotic Crow Chow.

GroupMagma
08-31-11, 10:43 AM

Actually, you'd be banned for excessive spamming. Your objections to the new titles aside, please keep the forum rules in mind.

hectorloch
08-31-11, 11:12 AM
Actually, you'd be banned for excessive spamming. Your objections to the new titles aside, please keep the forum rules in mind.

I keep the Forum Rules in mind ALL the time. Banned, you say ? For a wee prospective "yep" and a tiny putative "I thought so" ? Phew, just as well excessive spamming has never actually happened on the Forum :D

GroupMagma
08-31-11, 11:13 AM
I keep the Forum Rules in mind ALL the time. Banned, you say ? For a wee prospective "yep" and a tiny putative "I thought so" ? Phew, just as well excessive spamming has never actually happened on the Forum :D

Ha, touche. But that's a problem hoping to be rectified. As such, I'd rather not have more users promoting spamming. :/

hectorloch
08-31-11, 11:26 AM
Ha, touche. But that's a problem hoping to be rectified. As such, I'd rather not have more users promoting spamming. :/

Happy times, GM :) I'll recover.

Now, see these pirate ships ...... :)

sterlingempire
08-31-11, 12:51 PM
I am a male fashion designer :o Anyone else?

Phthon
08-31-11, 01:02 PM
...Your objections to the new titles aside, please keep the forum rules in mind.

Actually I don't mind the title. I'm just exercising some mock indignation. :D

sterlingempire
08-31-11, 02:47 PM

Like wearing one of your grandma's itchy sweaters. Embarrassing and it does not suit you.

Phthon
08-31-11, 02:52 PM
You all are complaining about these member titles. You should see the member titles at another forum I frequent:

Loitering Lurker - No posts
Tasty Tourist - 1 post
Asinine Airhead - 5 posts
Blathering Buffoon - 50 posts*
Corpulent Cretin - 100 posts
Dimwitted Dunce - 150 posts
Exasperating Eyesore - 200 posts
Feckless Fool - 250 posts
Garrulous Gimp - 300 posts*
Horrible Halfwit - 350 posts
Irritating Ignoramus - 400 posts
Juvenile Jackass - 450 posts
Knuckleheaded Knob - 500 posts
Lipless Loser - 600 posts*
Malodorous Moron - 700 posts
Nitwitted Nuisance - 800 posts
Obtuse Oaf - 900 Posts
Pinheaded Pissant - 1,000 posts
Querulous Quidnunc - 1,100 posts*
Retarded Reprobate - 1,250 posts
Stupid Schlemiel - 1,500 posts
Terrible Twerp - 2,000 posts
Undesirable Uncouth - 3,000 posts
Vacuous Vegetable - 4,000 posts*
Whiny Wussy - 5,000 posts

How do you like those?

sterlingempire
08-31-11, 02:53 PM
Now which forums are those from? I TOTALLY want to join!

Phthon
08-31-11, 02:57 PM
More Awesome Than You for The Sims 3. Be careful when you post because flaming is encouraged and rampant. You can also get banished to the Tarderdome for continuously posting stupid comments.

The forum owner may also change your username (which you CANNOT undo) if another member makes a large donation and requests it. That only happens to members who post a bunch of pointless things.

The only forum game that exists is BASH THE NOOB.

I've been a member since 2007 and only have 50 posts. I lurk.

Hawaiianmomma
08-31-11, 02:57 PM
What's important isn't and what's silly is.........pftttttt........mothers trying to protect their family and friends within the games........overlooked.......titles???? Blah blah blah..........monkeys in da zoo swinging from tree to tree
Basic Humanities......????Priorities??????.......hanging under a mango tree.........strange fruit rotting in the open sun......

Rachael98
08-31-11, 03:03 PM

Well, to be honest, I can't believe that:p. The Inbox would be flooded by everyone who cares and you'd give a warning. You're not as bad as Support. They might ban something like as excessive spamming, you'd give a not-so-gentle warning would you not? Oh, and if anyone from Support reads this, I'm sorry, but it's kinda true.

Spamming of the forums or your boss' Inbox:p?

Anyway, jokes aside, I understand the concerns and do agree that perhaps something describing how big the volcanic (Lava) eruption was or something like that might have been better. However, to be honest, it's really the post quality that counts, not the name next to it. Who really judges by if you are a Rhino Keeper if your post is fantastic?

Hawaiianmomma
08-31-11, 03:10 PM
And in that it is sad........cause what might be valid to one customer.......might not be to the other.......and back and forth......personally I like my new title......Trenae deleted all my post count in the count to a million so my true number reflects that.........I like the pretty dancing waters too,my floating island,and my pug who dressed for Halloween already even if some don't, so is my desires and opinions trump you, Yes....just as yours trumps mine.......no customer is above another.........mangled morals I see.......

Mogwai4111
08-31-11, 03:18 PM
More Awesome Than You for The Sims 3. Be careful when you post because flaming is encouraged and rampant. You can also get banished to the Tarderdome for continuously posting stupid comments.

The forum owner may also change your username (which you CANNOT undo) if another member makes a large donation and requests it. That only happens to members who post a bunch of pointless things.

I like this place more every time you post about it. I might go join up even though I've never played a sims game. Sounds like a blast, thanks for the info, now get back to your rhino cage! ;)

mattdiner
08-31-11, 03:25 PM
What's important isn't and what's silly is.........pftttttt........mothers trying to protect their family and friends within the games........overlooked.......titles???? Blah blah blah..........monkeys in da zoo swinging from tree to tree
Basic Humanities......????Priorities??????.......hanging under a mango tree.........strange fruit rotting in the open sun......

Anyone else confused?

Phthon
08-31-11, 03:26 PM
utterly. totally. undeniably confused.

sterlingempire
08-31-11, 03:28 PM
Anyone else confused?

Right here with ya.

nmishii
08-31-11, 03:29 PM

I guess I should start playing Sims 3 and join. I only played the original Sims, and I probably wouldn't last too long with just that experience from a long time ago.

Hawaiianmomma
08-31-11, 03:30 PM
Lol...........not too the rest........only to the self restricted......

Rachael98
08-31-11, 03:31 PM
Anyone else confused?

Matt, I'm often confused. I just try to hide it. And fail.
Although I'd say that might be what I'd count as spam...

Mogwai4111
08-31-11, 03:32 PM
Lol...........not too the rest........only to the self restricted......

Is the answer to this riddle some where in the emoji? All I see are squares, and I'd really like to know what they are supposed to be.

trenae
08-31-11, 03:35 PM
Alrighty folks - lets put the nit picking on hold.

If you'd like to report a post for being spam or another reason please use the appropriate channels. Or if you'd like to find out the meaning of a post, please feel free to contact the poster via PM or VM and ask.

Phthon
08-31-11, 03:35 PM
Is the answer to this riddle some where in the emoji? All I see are squares, and I'd really like to know what they are supposed to be.

It is just a bunch of emoji character...flowers etc. I am on my computer and I only see japanese characters. I had to look on my ipad.

Hawaiianmomma
08-31-11, 03:37 PM
Lol very good, exactly all insignificant except to monkeys in the zoo....

mattdiner
08-31-11, 03:37 PM

Pink flower, monkey, palm tree, warthog, blue swirl, camel, sun, elephant, wind, eighth notes, sparkling heart, snake, strawberry, tiger cub, heart in pink box, penguin, umbrella, fire, fish...

pinkster73
08-31-11, 03:39 PM
Sooo, how's the weather where everyone is?

Rachael98
08-31-11, 03:43 PM
Uh...guys...this is really off-topic. Are we going to discuss the titles or just leave this?

nmishii
08-31-11, 03:43 PM
Sooo, how's the weather where everyone is?

I'm in southern California. Its 80 deg right now at 3:40 pm.

GroupMagma
08-31-11, 03:44 PM
Uh...guys...this is really off-topic. Are we going to discuss the titles or just leave this?

I vote "leave this". Locked.