PDA

View Full Version : Title Contest

sterlingempire
08-30-11, 08:37 AM
Regarding the Title Contest:

I definitely think a contest as big as this needs a poll. These titles will represent everyone, so everyone should have their voice heard. I have gotten a few PMs about this contest, and how it is unfair that everything relies on one person. In short, we need a poll, and we need our voices heard, and I need your help.

TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!

Don't you agree? We need to campaign this idea!

casadolce
08-30-11, 09:08 AM
Well I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "unfair" because it didn't cost me anything to participate in the contest. It's TL's game and they can do whatever they want.

However, I am very disappointed with the result. There are a lot of good entries, creative, original, and everything. The winning ones are just...oh well... (no offence to the winner).

sterlingempire
08-30-11, 09:10 AM
Yes, this thread is not for offense to the winner at all. Some of us forum members would like a vote instead for all of the contests to rely on one person.

Rachael98
08-30-11, 09:20 AM
Firstly, which idea does the poll represent?
Secondly, the decision has now been made; what would be unfair would be changing it.

pinkster73
08-30-11, 09:40 AM
Oh whoops I misunderstood the poll. I picked disagree. But what I meant was I don't like some of the titles (no offence to the winner at all). I don't want to be a fashion designer. Seriously, from senior member to fashion designer?

pinkster73
08-30-11, 09:41 AM
Secondly, the decision has now been made; what would be unfair would be changing it.

Remember, nothing is ever set in stone.

estefimola
08-30-11, 09:44 AM
i just voted that i agree but to be honest, i still dont know what ur talking about XD

sterlingempire
08-30-11, 09:47 AM

The idea of having a poll to vote for contests.

i just voted that i agree but to be honest, i still dont know what ur talking about XD

What is the point of voting if you don't know what you are voting for?

GroupMagma
08-30-11, 11:21 AM
A few notes:

1) This is not a tax. And as this is a forum, i.e. a venue for open communication and expression, it's tough to claim you aren't represented.

2) While the Forum Titles do represent the forum posters, they also represent TeamLava as a whole. As such, this was a contest I wanted complete control over. And besides...

3) We've tried forum votes for contests. It becomes a popularity contest, or a situation where *****ing is rampant. It's not something I'm eager to try again.

4) Let's be real here. If enough people are really so diametrically opposed to being distantly connected to a fashion designer, we can hold a vote about that particular title. However, I'm not confident anyone is going to sign into the forums, see your title as "Fashion Designer," and think "that guy/gal must be a fashion designer". They're titles that relate directly to our games, which is actually the point of this forum -- not post accumulation or forum games. I agree that there were plenty of creative, unique entries -- but the winners have been chosen.

In short, your feedback is always welcome, but that doesn't mean it will always be acted on. This was a decision made consciously by me prior to the contest, and there isn't sufficient reason to change.