PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to receive Requested materials to build "easy items"!!!

giorgy007
08-30-11, 04:19 AM
Well, for two days, I've been sending requests to all my friends, and I've got 415 neighbours, to finish building two easy stoves. Untill now, I received nothing I requested but a few parts as neighbours gifts that don't match with what I need ( screws ) . Have you ever faced this kind of problem? Thanks for giving me your own experience! Giorgy007

joyirene
08-30-11, 06:23 AM
A lot of times they just go straight to the appliance and you never have to accept them. Usually, the only ones that DO show up in your gifts are the ones you haven't requested, so you have the option to decline them. When you click on the cardboard box that you're building the appliance on, the number should go up there of the material you requested.

greygull
08-30-11, 06:34 AM
Even with that many neighbors, you can still only receive 20 filled requests per day. Depending on which parts you have, it could be that the 20 people who can fill them are filling something you are already maxed on (example - knobs). I would try to skip a day or two for requesting anything. Instead, go to your neighbors walls and ask if they could gift a certain part each day, just for that day (or for a few days). A lot of people are really accommodating about that. Just try to ask nicely - I've seen some people who can be really rude about it.

giorgy007
08-30-11, 07:57 AM
Thanks Greygull for your feedback! I'll do the way you say! But I've noticed that using the name of the parts in a message on a neighbour's wall is forbiden... Impossible to write "paint" in a message or this one is ignored! Instead, I have to write "p a i n t", is it done on purpose? :p

sterlingempire
08-30-11, 08:03 AM
Well, for two days, I've been sending requests to all my friends, and I've got 415 neighbours, to finish building two easy stoves. Untill now, I received nothing I requested but a few parts as neighbours gifts that don't match with what I need ( screws ) . Have you ever faced this kind of problem? Thanks for giving me your own experience! Giorgy007

Hello --

I completely agree. It is absolutely not easy to complete the Easy Oven. I have had my easy oven in a box for the past three weeks.

greygull
08-30-11, 12:08 PM
I honestly do not know why some words are "banned" in the game, while others are not. I think TL is still working on the filters. So, yes, if you need to space it out for it to go through, that's the way it will need to be done for now. I know people have been creative in RS when asking for a knob. I think I've seem at least 5 different ways personally, and there's probably more.

mattdiner
08-30-11, 12:15 PM
PAINT this I'm out of here. :)