PDA

View Full Version : Materials as gifts unusable

tartaros
08-29-11, 02:40 AM
On an Droid. Updated (hate the bouncing water btw). Put up the basic building things that don't cost gems (tool shed, covered well, grain silo) and requested parts from neighbours. Had some trouble with that, but I know thats being worked on. But before I bought my little construction sites some neighbours had already sent me materials as gifts. And they have since. In BS and RS, when you accept materials as gifts, they go straight to whatever you are building and once you have enough you can build it. But in my inventory I have 3 tiles, 5 wiring, 1 welcome mat, 2 bricks, 4 rubber mats, 3 concrete, 7 roof shingles, 9 wooden boards, 2 work gloves, and I can't use any of them. I click on them and I get the message "This material is used to complete constructible items." Except it isn't. I'm short (in my projects) on concrete, bricks, and tiles. Those items in my inventory could help me build at least one, probably two projects. If it's programmed to give evenly to each building I have enough materials in inventory that it could give at least one tile, one brick and 1 concrete to each project that uses the. And I'm pretty sure that's not it because stuff given by request goes to one object then the other. Why do I have these parts stuck in inventory that I'm not allowed to use and what can I do?

MrsShrek
08-29-11, 03:09 AM
When you double click on your under construction building, it should bring up a window that will show you which items are still needed & which you already have enough to build. When you have all your items, click on the Build It button. Is it giving you the build it button?

Rachael98
08-29-11, 03:28 AM
Are they registering anyway when you manage or have you received 0/x on all items? Can you post a few pictures and provide your device, OS and game version? Thanks:).

tartaros
08-29-11, 06:25 AM
No, no build it button. I can request materials from friends or finish building for x gems. And the picture button goes away when inside the building screen and inventory screen, so no, not really on the picture front. I'm on an HTC Droid Incredible, 2.2 OS. Just updated the game ...the FAQ says at the bottom in tiny writing 1.3.1, I don't know if that's correct (but it was the only place I found a game version number). I updated the game two days ago, there are no more recent updates as far as I'm aware.

When I click on my Grain Silo for example, I have 5/5 Wooden Boards, 5/5 Roof Shingles, 3/5 Tiles, and 5/5 Wiring. Wood, Shingles and Wiring all say "COMPLETED!". Tiles has the ask friends button and the buy for 2 gems button. And the bottom has the "Finish for 4 Gems Button" and the "Build It!" button is still grayed out.

In my Covered Well I've completed Wood and Shingles but I'm 3/5 Concrete and 2/5 Bricks.

In My Grain Silo I've completed Singles, but I'm 3/5 Concrete, 3/5 Tiles, and 2/5 Bricks.

And I'm pretty sure that I don't have four bricks, two in the well and two in the silo. I'm pretty sure I have two total, and that they're available to use in whichever building until I build it. Then it's subtracted from the usually invisible place where they store materials and you find out how much you have. So for all I know in materials my friends sent enough wood or shingles for both projects and more, or I just have enough for one of the ones so far and when I can hit Built It on the first one, I'm going to be short on those things for the others.

The weird thing is that any material that was sent as a gift, not request, and that I said "yes, I'll accept this gift" to, I have in Inventory. That's weird for me in general because I'm used to BS and RS where the materials go to a mysterious holding place you cant see, and you just trust that they keep track for you. Since storage and inventory are set-up different, I thought maybe that was how it was supposed to be. Cool feature, can see what I've stored up before I go put a construction zone on my land. But the things I need for what I'm building I have in Inventory, and they didn't go straight to the buildings and I can't click on them or do anything with them.

Basically, I can buy buildings that require building, request materials and build them all just fine. (So far, no hiccups there, except with the requesting which seems to be ironing out amongst other users). I can grant other people's request, gift regular stuff and parts. All that. But if someone gives me a part as a gift, I can accept it, but it's basically a waste of one of my 20 gifts. I receive it, it stacks up in my inventory, but I can't use it toward the things I'm building, I can't even put it on the ground to sell/delete it. I'm just stuck with those things in my inventory forever. They're pretty pictures, but a waste of space in my inventory which is already crowded and a waste of one of my 20 gifts of the day. People are gifting me parts, but unless this can be fixed I'd have to refuse them all. They're basically worthless to me right now and a pain in the behind.

Generica
08-29-11, 06:47 AM
Umm, what you have in your inventory can be used to build but based on what you've said you don't have enough of the required items to build with. You say you have 3 concrete, 3 tiles and 3 bricks in your inventory, and

In My Grain Silo I've completed Singles, but I'm 3/5 Concrete, 3/5 Tiles, and 2/5 Bricks.

This is correct isn't it? You have only 3 concrete in your inventory, you can't build the grain silo until you have 5 concrete, tiles & bricks. You are correct in that it shows you have 2 bricks available for any buildings that require bricks, as soon as you build one your bricks will disappear.

Sorry if I am missing something but it looks right to me?

Rachael98
08-29-11, 06:51 AM
Umm, what you have in your inventory can be used to build but based on what you've said you don't have enough of the required items to build with. You say you have 3 concrete, 3 tiles and 3 bricks in your inventory, and

This is correct isn't it? You have only 3 concrete in your inventory, you can't build the grain silo until you have 5 concrete, tiles & bricks. You are correct in that it shows you have 2 bricks available for any buildings that require bricks, as soon as you build one your bricks will disappear.

Sorry if I am missing something but it looks right to me?

I think that's right. Try getting 5 of each, then see when you build.

tartaros
08-29-11, 12:58 PM
Woah, wait. Are you guys saying that all materials, whether requested or gifted go into my inventory? And I see the total of what I have there? Not extra pieces or just the gifted ones? It's like what there would be in BS or RS if you could see the materials that you have accumulated but you can't? I'm a droider so I was basing how the system worked on the other games, where we got buildables earlier, even though I know that for you guys TL rolled them out the other way around. So, basically in Farm I can see all my accumulated materials in my inventory and (like the other games) nothing happens to them until I build something. Which is cool because I can see what I have, and uncool because the materials I accidentally accepted for an item I will never build will now visually haunt me forever. Ok, got it, thanks and sorry for all confusion. If I can't build when the numbers in inventory should let me, or if when I do the materials aren't removed from inventory, I'll revive this.

Rachael98
08-29-11, 01:00 PM
Woah, wait. Are you guys saying that all materials, whether requested or gifted go into my inventory? And I see the total of what I have there? Not extra pieces or just the gifted ones? It's like what there would be in BS or RS if you could see the materials that you have accumulated but you can't? I'm a droider so I was basing how the system worked on the other games, where we got buildables earlier, even though I know that for you guys TL rolled them out the other way around. So, basically in Farm I can see all my accumulated materials in my inventory and (like the other games) nothing happens to them until I build something. Which is cool because I can see what I have, and uncool because the materials I accidentally accepted for an item I will never build will now visually haunt me forever. Ok, got it, thanks and sorry for all confusion. If I can't build when the numbers in inventory should let me, or if when I do the materials aren't removed from inventory, I'll revive this.

Quite possibly we are. But I guarantee nothing!

cheegi
09-07-11, 08:19 AM
i have received a gift but i could not find the inventory on my screen.

pinkster73
09-07-11, 08:23 AM

I play farm story on Android and yes, this is correct.

kooky panda
09-07-11, 08:34 AM
i have received a gift but i could not find the inventory on my screen.

To find your inventory on Farm, hit tools(bottom right), Then hit edit. On left hand side is your inventory button.

Janelenlen
09-09-11, 02:35 AM
I am having exactly the same problem. Its frustrating to have items in your invent
that you can't use to compleat building purchased items. I hope this problem is fixed;~}

Brighton1810
09-10-11, 06:34 PM
I am having this problem as well in Farm Story version 1.7.8 on an iPad2 4.3.5. I cannot acess my inventory materials that were gifted to me (not requested by me, but sent as random gifts). If I then request an item and it is sent to me, all is fine. But the gifts are useless to me. Seems like a glitch to me.

kooky panda
09-10-11, 06:46 PM
I am having this problem as well in Farm Story version 1.7.8 on an iPad2 4.3.5. I cannot acess my inventory materials that were gifted to me (not requested by me, but sent as random gifts). If I then request an item and it is sent to me, all is fine. But the gifts are useless to me. Seems like a glitch to me.

Okay let me understand.. Are you saying that you cannot access, the construction items from your inventory? The constructible items are in your inventory but you cannot place or use them directly from the inventory. You will need to have a constructible building on your farm, like the pond, well, etc. Then when you click that item you will see how many items you have and how many you still need to build that item.

If you cannot place a dog bowl from your inventory, let me know.