PDA

View Full Version : pop up adds! gggrrrr!

silentivy
08-28-11, 11:52 PM
I read a few places that briefly brought up POP UPS but couldn't reply an they didn't answer what I'm wanting to know.....I just started playing this game today.....r these crazy, in Ur face, all the time, annoying, stop u from what Ur doing, mess u up, POP UPS going to continue?? I have never played a game that begged so much. I love the game itself! But those POP UPS r just rude. I can see their r other game, awesome to offer gems to go try one.....but hey I don't need to read it every 3 mins. Ok that's my rant. I'll see how it goes on here. I don't want to add other games an have 4 or 5 games all doing that! That would drive me nuts!

tinyteaspoon
08-29-11, 12:17 AM
It never ends. But it should get less annoying after a while. Atm, i only get pop ups when i start the game. It used to be much worse when i first started to play. Hang in there!

silentivy
08-30-11, 07:54 PM
I got tired of them so I thought I would try the Restaurant Story.....Oh dear god! Now I get the pop ups even more. So at first I thought ...ok I'll just down load them all, get the gems and remove them. What the!! No way I'm downloading all those games on my phone! who has time to play 14 games!??!! And now I'm getting the pop ups even more for all of them! Its like a begging dog at dinner! Maybe its just Android?

To make it worse, the gems I did get for downloading 6 of the games in my effort to rid these horrid pop ups, I was trying to tap the "i" next to the Candy Jar an next thing I know I have bought the Fruit Basket. I dont want a Fruit Basket!! UGH!!!! 24 points wasted along with my time in downloading 5 games I didn't even want!

I now see that suppose to be an update with medals ...i dont have that, went to market like it said...ummm i dont have an option to download anything...no "original bakery story". :( This is why I quit playing Island Paradise ....i have more money and "gems" (pasteries) in that game than I could ever use. But it just got to hard to over look all the issues with the game.

Device/Game info:

Android: HTC Inspire 4G
Game Version: Bakery Story 1.2.1
Issue: Insane amount of pop up adds for all 14 games!! I can understand when you open the game....but I have them ALL during my game!!!

kooky panda
08-30-11, 08:04 PM
I realize they can be frustrating, but I wish I still got them. We use to get the download game and get free gems offers on idevices. It was worth it downloading and trying some games
then delete it if I did not like the game to get the free gems.

Now with new Itunes/apples rules TL is no longer able to offer this to the idevice users.

androids are lucky to still be able to get the option of these free gems.

silentivy
08-30-11, 08:06 PM
There is a drop down menu with the games listed....I can go there to see them. A pop up every time you go to a different screen is not an advantage! lol you may have them all! ;p

silentivy
09-03-11, 05:14 PM
Well, yesterday I finally had time to sit and download all the games to try and stop the pop ups! While Thank Goodness it worked, its still a shame I had to take the time to do that. especially when the pops would at times get so crazy as to make it impossible to do anything. Every 2 mins for a pop up is extremely excessive! I really hope they can try an fix that. I really enjoy the game....it was just really hard to enjoy it like that. lol

mj421
09-04-11, 06:54 PM
I just want to play the game, not constantly have to click out of the buy gems pop up, the load this game pop up, etc. Really has gotten to be more of them and more often since I started playing. Making me think of NOT playing any more!!

silentivy
09-05-11, 01:13 PM
i dont mind that one so much. its only when u first log on. an last night was a good deal 30% off. :) least its only once popping up

Rachael98
09-05-11, 01:45 PM
I would generally recommend (although I think a tickbox for "Do Not Show this Pop Up Again" would be a good idea in the future), just downloading them for now. Download them, then run them once and delete them if you still don't want to play. It should then show up as "installed" and not offer them for games.

silentivy
09-05-11, 01:54 PM
You can delete or remove the games after and the pop ups dont come back. That's what I did. I only have Bakery Story again now. :)

nmishii
09-05-11, 02:47 PM
I used to only get pop ups when I started up. In the last day or two out of the blue I started getting pop ups during the game on RS and BS. They are both to buy coins for gems. I have way too many coins in my games and there is no way I would want to do this. I don't have 100 gems for them to take from me, but I'm afraid I might accidently click in the box to buy coins with 10 gems because I have no way of knowing when the popup will occur.

shakiba
09-05-11, 03:11 PM
I dont understand though, why the idevices gets no more of the free gems offer but the androids do? Doesnt TL work for both? ;(

kooky panda
09-05-11, 03:21 PM
I dont understand though, why the idevices gets no more of the free gems offer but the androids do? Doesnt TL work for both? ;(

It has something to do with Apple and Itunes, not allowing companies like TL to promote third party game downloads with free gems. Idevices download from itunes and android from the adroid marketplace.

Rachael98
09-05-11, 03:27 PM
It has something to do with Apple and Itunes, not allowing companies like TL to promote third party game downloads with free gems. Idevices download from itunes and android from the adroid marketplace.

Yes. Because Apple are mean. They imposed very tight regulations on it. I believe you can be kicked off the AppStore if you infringe:/.

Hawaiianmomma
09-05-11, 03:33 PM
Other TL games with free gem promo was throwing off the count of downloads.....amongst other things

silentivy
09-06-11, 05:36 PM
Well, I see that most the games they were promoting are now at the top of the app store. So I guess if it only matters that ppl download a game an not if they stay to play it or that its any good....Well....this is how you do it. Seems apple wants to make sure the downloads are for real ppl using or playing the game. Not just to seem like it. Free gems are great! But seems many are missing the point, that it is impossible to play with the amount of random, in your face pop ups we had and still do it seems. Not anything to want to me.

MrsShrek
09-06-11, 11:07 PM
I agree. The pop-ups for downloading games have been excessive lately! I have no desire to download or play Fashion story. The ones for purchasing gems have Not been bad. These I can understand a bit as this is TL's way to make money. But please quit bugging me to download something I do not want! And these are popping up so often, they could be considered flaming! Was replanting the other day & received 3 popups to download Fashion Story during that time. No visits to other farms and never left the game duringtbis time. Was just plowing & planting. What a bother!

sterlingempire
09-10-11, 08:49 AM

Show-off :p

briguynv
09-10-11, 02:31 PM
I realize they can be frustrating, but I wish I still got them. We use to get the download game and get free gems offers on idevices. It was worth it downloading and trying some games
then delete it if I did not like the game to get the free gems.

Now with new Itunes/apples rules TL is no longer able to offer this to the idevice users.

What kind of rule is that Kooky? I still get lots of 'free stuff' in other apps on my idevices, for downloading other apps to try them out... so why wouldn't TL be able to offer a promotion for downloading theirs? I have 2 apps now (and have seen numerous others) where I get points/coins/etc for downloading & trying apps... eventually you can turn those coins/points/etc into other prizes, gift cards, etc. I earned enough in one app in less than one month to get a $10 gift card... but I'm holding out for more.
But TL should still be able to have some promotion for trying theirs. I just figured they got greedy and stopped doing it so they could sell more gems instead of giving them away... cuz that stopped before I started playing... I was never offered gems for downloading, I started too late I guess... but they should still 'be able to' do it if they choose to... since many other apps do something similar.

Hawaiianmomma
09-10-11, 02:42 PM
I believe it's a case of once bitten twice shy....

greygull
09-10-11, 03:22 PM
@briguynv - I've lost the free content in other games I play as well. Are you iOS or Android (sorry can't remember right now)? Android can still do it I think, but I don't play many things there, and already have all TL games.