PDA

View Full Version : help! accidentally bought Teddy bear with gems

emma2997
08-27-11, 05:00 PM
I am level 30 on restaurant story and had 16 gems until I was moving a table and accidentally clicked on buying the Teddy bear for eight gems. I wasted half my gems and I don't even want the thing! if it was money I wasted I wouldn't care because money is much easier to get than gems. can anyone tell me if I can return the bear and recover my gems or exchange the bear for something else. thanks!

jovenal
08-27-11, 05:04 PM
I am level 30 on restaurant story and had 16 gems until I was moving a table and accidentally clicked on buying the Teddy bear for eight gems. I wasted half my gems and I don't even want the thing! if it was money I wasted I wouldn't care because money is much easier to get than gems. can anyone tell me if I can return the bear and recover my gems or exchange the bear for something else. thanks!

Sorry emma, no refund even for accidental purchases. It's very unfortunate. Just be very careful next time.

bigbux3
08-27-11, 05:32 PM

Sadly, and really unfortunately, TeamLava does not refund gems or cash accidentally bought. They probably figure people would keep "accidentally" buying items worth gems and cash. I understand you if your upset, because I've done it about 8 times in RS. 2 times in CS. 1 time in BS. Thats about it

kooky panda
08-27-11, 05:53 PM
Also, there is no physical way for TL to take an item out of a game. so if they did refund, you would also get to keep the bear.
So you can see where that would lead.. but I am really sorry. I have also done my share of accidents.

bigbux3
08-27-11, 06:13 PM
Also, there is no physical way for TL to take an item out of a game. so if they did refund, you would also get to keep the bear.
So you can see where that would lead.. but I am really sorry. I have also done my share of accidents.

But isn't there a way to search Storm8 ID's then go through their servers during the time of the accidental purchase and credit gems and cash back to the account? I mean, how else can they gift gems and cash after you win a contest? Theres obviously a way.

kooky panda
08-27-11, 06:23 PM
No bixbux what I am saying is that they cannot take out an item Like the teddy bear from the game. So if they credit back to someone everytime there is an accidental purchase
that person gets their gems back and gets to keep the item.

Well of course everyone would buy all the gem items that they want then say "accident" then they get their gems back and get to keep the stuff.. See the issue??

bigbux3
08-27-11, 06:27 PM
No bixbux what I am saying is that they cannot take out and item Like the teddy bear from the game. So if they credit back to someone everytime there is an accidental purchase
that person gets their gems back and gets to keep the item.

Well of course everyone would buy all the gem items that they want then say "accident" then they get their gems back and get to keep the stuff.. See the issue??

I totally do. I actually smiled while reading

elliejean
08-27-11, 06:29 PM
Sorry that happened, I have done that before. The teddy bear is cute, especially useful around Xmas time :)
I do wish there was an undo button!

ccrider20
08-27-11, 09:53 PM
How about a confirm button for gem purchases? It could say, You are about to purchase <item> for <qty> gems? Confirm / Cancel?

pinkster73
08-27-11, 10:09 PM
How about a confirm button for gem purchases? It could say, You are about to purchase <item> for <qty> gems? Confirm / Cancel?

Join the campaign for a confirm gem purchase button.

pinkster73
08-27-11, 10:11 PM
Found it. Here it is:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16407-Gem-cash-confirm-purchase-campaign

kieranyeow
08-30-11, 08:48 PM
Sorry that happened, I have done that before. The teddy bear is cute, especially useful around Xmas time :)
I do wish there was an undo button!
I agree too~:)

mushroom79
09-03-11, 08:20 PM
Its even worse to burn 5 gems everytime to instantly complete a dish/contract! you get nothing in return and it happens so often!

nmishii
09-03-11, 08:37 PM

Can you/TL explain why they can't take an item out of the game? I think its an excuse.

All the data is stored on TL servers. None of it is stored on the user's device. They should have a SQL database storing all the items with a database administrator maintaining it. They just need their database administrator to go into the database and delete the item. A competent database administrator should be able to do it in his/her sleep. To make it easier on the database administrator, require the user to store the item rather than have it in the game. It should be real easy.

kooky panda
09-03-11, 09:23 PM
Can you/TL explain why they can't take an item out of the game? I think its an excuse.

All the data is stored on TL servers. None of it is stored on the user's device. They should have a SQL database storing all the items with a database administrator maintaining it. They just need their database administrator to go into the database and delete the item. A competent database administrator should be able to do it in his/her sleep. To make it easier on the database administrator, require the user to store the item rather than have it in the game. It should be real easy.
No I cannot explain this since I am not part of team lava or their development team. This is something I saw GM post on another thread a few weeks ago. You may want to PM GM to get the technical answer.

jovenal
09-03-11, 11:23 PM

I'm sure that they are using SQL or some other alternatives to run queries and DML to manipulate each users database for adding, deleting and updating. TL probably decided long time ago that accidental gem purchases are not good enough reason to manipulate those database. If they allow reversal of accidental purchases, I'm sure they'll get more request from those "accidental" gem/cc box purchases every time they didn't like what they get.

Game is not store locally for two reasons and it's not to make it easier on database administrator. First it's because it takes more hard drive space and our devices is already have limited amount. Secondly, so that we couldn't manipulate the database. (If an 8 years old girl figured out how to speed up in her farm, just think of what some of us can do!)

Hawaiianmomma
09-03-11, 11:27 PM
How about we **** all of that and go simple, confirmation button....Yeaaaaaahhh

jovenal
09-03-11, 11:30 PM
How about we **** all of that and go simple, confirmation button....Yeaaaaaahhh

yup that can but then half of the thread here will be gone! lol

talyon
09-04-11, 02:52 AM
Understand that YES TL can remove items from any individuals Game being stored on TL servers, but this would also require hiring another person to take care of all the complaints that would then come in, much easier to just make a policy of no exchange or refund.

Hawaiianmomma
09-04-11, 03:10 AM
Much better to have Confirmation Button that everyone is asking for even though there are others who feel differently.

nmishii
09-04-11, 09:05 AM
I'm sure that they are using SQL or some other alternatives to run queries and DML to manipulate each users database for adding, deleting and updating. TL probably decided long time ago that accidental gem purchases are not good enough reason to manipulate those database. If they allow reversal of accidental purchases, I'm sure they'll get more request from those "accidental" gem/cc box purchases every time they didn't like what they get.

Game is not store locally for two reasons and it's not to make it easier on database administrator. First it's because it takes more hard drive space and our devices is already have limited amount. Secondly, so that we couldn't manipulate the database. (If an 8 years old girl figured out how to speed up in her farm, just think of what some of us can do!)

Yes. The point is there is a physical way for TL to return an item. It is not true that there is not a physical way, like TL is saying, but rather that they won't.

I can see how if they returned gems people would abuse it, especially on boxes. But I believe that no less than 99.99% of the people who have posted that they have accidentally wasted gems on something really did. And TL is abusing their players by not safeguarding them from accidentally wasting gems. If they were to implement a confirmation or other form of protection for gem functions, then there's no reason for people to ask for their gems back because they confirmed the action, and TL has every right to refuse the refund.

I am really getting tired of reading all the posts about people wasting gems, in almost all cases purchased gems, and being told that they won't get a refund and to be more careful in the future. And it infuriates me that TL won't do anything about the accidental gem issue and continues to implement features that can easily cause a person to lose gems. And TL is trying to tell us that the design is for ease of use rather than gem traps, and the accidents are caused by overjealous tappers.

TL needs to be more honest and upfront with their customers. And better prevent, rather than continue to implement and allow, ways for people to accidentally waste gems.

mcgee22
09-04-11, 12:14 PM

go to the Bakery discussion thread and vote on the poll!!!!! We need more ppl to get more numbers

mcgee22
09-04-11, 12:17 PM
Found it. Here it is:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16407-Gem-cash-confirm-purchase-campaign

There is a poll now too. Go to vote on it, I think this is the link:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17235-Gem-Trouble-Vote-For-A-Confirm-Button!

awong3
03-23-12, 09:19 AM
Well then TL needs to fix the issue and add a confirm button. I had this happen again to me this morning and 2weeks ago it happened to my 10 year old daughter. She lost 60 gems for supposedly asking to speed up 12 food item. She never got these food items done faster. It is sickening what is going on.

ultrafrog
03-23-12, 12:17 PM

This isn't true at all. I'm sure TL can see what's in your inventory.

Player to sells the item.
Player no longer has possession of the item.
TL checks player no longer has item.
TL refunds player.

Simple as that.

The real reason is that TL benefits every time someone makes a 'mistake'. Besides making the player mad there is no downside for them. It seems like TL decided that actually helping customers with issues isn't beneficial. There could be a system put in place to handle these issues but they won't do it.

Mins55
03-23-12, 03:36 PM
It's frustrating to read through the thread here. It's obvious and I think it already happened to nearly everyone: I spent gems by mistake, too. That's really annoying as I was waiting for having enough gems to buy an item. I nearly had enough gems... But then... You know. And I'm getting angry when reading that TL just doesn't care... The gems system really isn't save - it may happen too fast that you spend gems by mistake.