PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?? Pirate theme!?

SunflowerMeadow
08-26-11, 05:46 PM
What a perfect theme for Treasure Story (which hasn't had an update in ages!), but Farm Story gets it??? I'm not sure who is deciding these things, but first it's medieval themed graphics, & now this? Please explain TL, how do these things fit into a farm? The hammock - been wanting one for so long, you finally do it, & instead of offering it as a purchase item, you stick it in the pirates chest! Foolishly, I tried the chest just to get it, & I got a teeny tiny table with a map on it! Even if I would have wanted it (it's in my inventory), it no way should cost 24 gems! Please, please, please give more thought to future updates, & put them with the appropriate game. I look so forward to Fridays now, & in my opinion, this FS update was a total bust. :(

jovenal
08-26-11, 06:17 PM
I completely agreed! At least give us water tile so we could incorporate the pirate theme in our farm.

myweedpatch
08-26-11, 06:21 PM
What a perfect theme for Treasure Story (which hasn't had an update in ages!), but Farm Story gets it??? I'm not sure who is deciding these things, but first it's medieval themed graphics, & now this? Please explain TL, how do these things fit into a farm? The hammock - been wanting one for so long, you finally do it, & instead of offering it as a purchase item, you stick it in the pirates chest! Foolishly, I tried the chest just to get it, & I got a teeny tiny table with a map on it! Even if I would have wanted it (it's in my inventory), it no way should cost 24 gems! Please, please, please give more thought to future updates, & put them with the appropriate game. I look so forward to Fridays now, & in my opinion, this FS update was a total bust. :(

agreed and disappointed.

redbites
08-26-11, 06:23 PM
The theme would have worked better with TS

JennyWuzHere
08-26-11, 06:35 PM
Pirate Theme DOES NOT compute with Farm Story.
Farm Story DOES NOT compute with a pirate theme!

Hawaiianmomma
08-26-11, 07:39 PM
I bought 2 boxes, I got a silver telescope on a tripod stand and a canvas yellow camping tent
Doesn't look like pirate themed but I'm not going to test it out again to try and prove it's a mislabeled box

lesleypsg1
08-26-11, 07:43 PM
Hmmm pirate theme...farm....pass

But hey, I planted morning glories....so there's that. Gotta look at the positives :)

jovenal
08-26-11, 07:51 PM
Hmmm pirate theme...farm....pass

But hey, I planted morning glories....so there's that. Gotta look at the positives :)

unfortunately, you're losing 5 coin for every morning glories you've planted.

hectorloch
08-27-11, 05:50 AM
A quote comes back to me -

"These guys would screw up a two car funeral"

bobbyrae
08-27-11, 06:00 AM
A quote comes back to me -

"These guys would screw up a two car funeral"

Lol. How true!

gobblies
08-27-11, 06:16 AM
Arrr.. Avast ye okra!
It is absolutely rediculous. I will go on to my farm, and i have a pirate ship?? Silly... Just silly. Castles are bad enough. Come on teamlava! We need 4 wheelers, tractors and export trucks!!

MiniLaura
08-27-11, 07:13 PM
The BEST thing about the pirate box: I'm not tempted to gamble on it.

ariesblu
08-27-11, 07:19 PM
The BEST thing about the pirate box: I'm not tempted to gamble on it.
...lol (ten characters)

DRL23411
08-27-11, 07:35 PM
I completely agree with the previous statements about the pirate themed stuff. Dumb for Farm Story but would be well done in the Treasure Story. Take the castles with you, that theme does not fit any better. Floating trees don't seem to fit any of the themes but look nice. Good job wherever they belong.

TL, what would happen to the customer base if you actually listened to them.

JennyWuzHere
08-27-11, 08:54 PM
Its funny. AND would be funny. Tl had to click a certain TL game to update to that game.
TL- Programs Pirate Theme Box.
*Clicks Farm Story instead of Treasure Story*
TL- Oops. Oh well, might as well leave it there and see how it goes.
TL Forum Members- .......

pinkster73
08-27-11, 09:44 PM
The pirate ship is so ridiculous its just funny. No water but here's a giant pirate ship.....

hectorloch
08-27-11, 11:47 PM
Its funny. AND would be funny. Tl had to click a certain TL game to update to that game.
TL- Programs Pirate Theme Box.
*Clicks Farm Story instead of Treasure Story*
TL- Oops. Oh well, might as well leave it there and see how it goes.
TL Forum Members- .......

Probably true. It's just so silly, it has to be. But the key thing is don't buy it - any of it. Mini has is right - no one sensible would be tempted to buy this for the farm they've carefully created. Sad thing is, we on the Forum know about it and are forewarned; the jungle drums don't work too well out on the game itself where vast numbers play who never visit the Forum. They'll assume the pop up - if they read it - is a mistake, who wouldn't ? Imagine their surprise - I'll just try this Adventure Box box, what the ** - "Henry, I've got a mermaid in a pool ! ". I bet the inbox at TL is busting with "money back" please, there's been a mistake. Sure has.

LanokaHarbor
08-28-11, 03:02 AM
Maybe pirates are looking to retire as farmers.

hectorloch
08-28-11, 03:10 AM
Maybe pirates are looking to retire as farmers.

Well, I suppose they had a bit of practice digging - for treasure !

You OK ?

LanokaHarbor
08-28-11, 03:19 AM
Yep, surviving the hurricane!! Maybe I can get some pirate farmers to come with their pirate farm ship and give me a lift to the local supermarket....we're getting pounded with tons of rain.

Thank you so much for asking!

LanokaHarbor
08-28-11, 03:20 AM
Haha, I was just thinking that the pirate farm ship needs to be John Deere green!

hectorloch
08-28-11, 03:48 AM
.... or Ferguson grey (sic) :) Glad you're secure.

AbbyBites
08-28-11, 02:24 PM
Ahoy me hearty and prepare to be boarded! Walk the plank from the pirate ship and be eaten by land sharks!

The Adventure Box is so ridiculuously out of place it is hilarious.

JennyWuzHere
08-28-11, 02:29 PM
Pirates want to learn how to farm and plant crops when they're not stealing and robbing! :D

Rachael98
08-28-11, 02:37 PM
Well...in Britain, the rental of historic properties and properties with large ground is a huge business (about ? (pounds sterling)1,000+ per day hire). So maybe TL could program their UK userbase to get 1,000 complimentary coins per pirate item per day. After all, I believe we pay more getting the gems.
It is pretty ridiculous...luckily, I don't have that many gems:D.

hectorloch
08-28-11, 03:06 PM
Well...in Britain, the rental of historic properties and properties with large ground is a huge business (about ? (pounds sterling)1,000+ per day hire). So maybe TL could program their UK userbase to get 1,000 complimentary coins per pirate item per day. After all, I believe we pay more getting the gems.
It is pretty ridiculous...luckily, I don't have that many gems:D.

Hi, Rachael - getting a lot of use out of the sunglasses ?

PS Look as though you'll need them when you're back for our new Caribbean feel farms ! Breaking news, the first human figure to appear on Farm Story gets released next week. A Johnnie Depp lookalike with one leg and a parrot on his shoulder :)

MFAcct
08-29-11, 05:16 AM
Ugh bought gems for the first time on farm story and got the stupid treasure map on a table. This box is soooo not worth it. 

ngmeipo
08-29-11, 08:13 AM
too greedy now.....putting themes irrelevant. who is the designer?
if you never gets the pirate ship, why do i need the hammock sitting in the sand, watching a map and a scope? no ship, no sailing, no pirate >>>>> pls take it back to TS.

crystalrayn3
08-29-11, 08:24 AM
The nice aspect about all the different gem boxes is that a player is offered multiple avenues of creativity. It's exciting to view how players have pursued a theme & designed their farms around it. You never know what you might encounter as you cruise around watering others. My best advice for those who aren't happy with the pirate theme is to choose another gem box & build your little plot of paradise to your own personal specs

pattisue1
08-29-11, 08:37 AM
I love my pirate decorations, floating islands and all. :)

pattisue1
08-29-11, 08:39 AM
And can't wait for my outer space theme box next week; hoping I'll get a Chewbaka for my farm! :):):):):):):)

pinkster73
08-29-11, 09:35 AM
And can't wait for my outer space theme box next week; hoping I'll get a Chewbaka for my farm! :):):):):):):)

Now that's funny :)

cast1532
09-03-11, 03:00 PM
You people had me laughing out loud. This does belong to Treasure Story. Please update Treasure Story.

Rachael98
09-03-11, 03:18 PM
You people had me laughing out loud. This does belong to Treasure Story. Please update Treasure Story.

Isn't that part of the irony? It's a perfect update for a game that's not updated!
Anyway, TL say that they're working on getting updates into all games. Just give them a little time:).

nmishii
09-03-11, 03:45 PM

I think TL is finishing up the release for Treasure Story. They will be getting the outer space theme that pattysue1 suggested for Farm Story.

sterlingempire
09-03-11, 04:04 PM
Lmao!!!!!!

hectorloch
09-03-11, 04:15 PM
Treasure Story is the only game without an obvious rank in the new 8 titles - maybe they're going to close it. Hope that doesn't mean all their pipeline stuff will continue to come Farm. Share it out, I say. There's some nice folk over at Bakery I believe - just crying out for a bit of the old "Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum" :) Should go down a storm :) there, don't you think ?