PDA

View Full Version : A quest to send you $10, seriously?!?!?!

squidmo
08-26-11, 02:52 PM
So, today I was playing Zoo story, and managed to complete the gift shop/cafe quest (which was hard due to the bugs that reset the quests every few minutes). I was happy.... for a second... until the next quest popped up. Now the game suggests I buy a dragon enclosure, and as I'm sure you well know that's $10 worth of gems. It's very frustrating, because this could be a fun game with either 1) goals that allowed you to earn gems, 2) the ability to buy gems with game coins, or even 3) the occasional opportunity to buy gem items with game coins. I'm OK with in-app purchases as long as there is a way to achieve the same items through hard work -OR- the cost of the purchases add up to what you would pay for a comparable game. However, since that is not the case here, I'm going to have to uninstall, and I will not be trying any other TeamLava games. Ever.

jaid666
08-27-11, 07:06 AM
I'm stuck on that same quest right now, and to be honest it has me rethinking my addiction to TL's games. I've already uninstalled ZS because I hit a point where there seems to be no point to doing anything in game anymore and I'm not willing to spend real money on a game that's still being promoted as "updated weekly" when it hasn't had a content update for several months now...

Rockinkitten
08-28-11, 01:07 PM
My daughter has this quest too. It's frustrating for her because dragons are her favourite animal. But $10 for a tiny pixel picture is just too much.

joyirene
08-28-11, 01:41 PM
Zoo story was definitely my least favorite. I got it right when it came out and ran out of things to do quick. Maybe it's better now... But doesn't seem like it.

Rachael98
08-28-11, 01:45 PM
I'm stuck on that same quest right now, and to be honest it has me rethinking my addiction to TL's games. I've already uninstalled ZS because I hit a point where there seems to be no point to doing anything in game anymore and I'm not willing to spend real money on a game that's still being promoted as "updated weekly" when it hasn't had a content update for several months now...

Happily TL have said that they're working hard to update it soon.

bawpotter
08-28-11, 01:47 PM
I have never been a fan of Zoo Story, but I haven't seen any quest like this before. I don't think it is very fair, but it is what it is.

Rachael98
08-28-11, 02:14 PM
I have never been a fan of Zoo Story, but I haven't seen any quest like this before. I don't think it is very fair, but it is what it is.

Very well said. Seconded.

absentia
09-10-11, 07:10 AM
Not only this quest, but all of the other quests require you to either pay gems if you've maxed out your animals, or to delete your current habitat and start over just to get rid of the stupid quest notifications blinking on the side of the screen constantly. I don't see why they don't include an option to turn off quests entirely.
But a quest forcing you to pay rl money is BS.