PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with deleting a neighbor who refuses to tip/gift, but keeps inviting

blondhorse
08-25-11, 10:16 PM
I was just curious how you all handle this: I have gotten tired of neighbors who don't tip or gift but always would post the gifts they need on my wall, etc. I deleted almost all of my neighbors who have 0-1 star ratings and I know they don't tip/gift. I have one "neighbor" who I have deleted and she keeps posting back to me to add her and sends invites. I re-added her once...but it was the same issue. I again deleted her, she keeps sending me invites and posts on my wall (I know she doesn't tip at that time as I was online and restaurant was empty...no tip). I am a very kind person, in life and in game. I'm just frustrated with neighbors who demands items but doesn't visit my store. I am a daily tipper/gifter to all my neighbors. Another neighbor suggested I just skip over those non-tippers but I don't even see the point of keeping them on neighbor list. How do you deal politely with this issue?

jovenal
08-25-11, 10:21 PM
if she knows your ID, just decline the request. If she doesn't, don't send a invite. Don't post on her wall, eventually she won't have any link to after awhile and won't be able to contact you.

blondhorse
08-25-11, 10:30 PM
I think she keeps getting link off her wall where I posted that I tipped her awhile back...or just memorized it lol. I sure wish we had option of deleting our own posts from others walls. I figured after deleting her twice, she'd get the hint. Do you guys delete inactive players or just skip over them? I am just trying to be polite and do have wonderful neighbors who do actively tip and gift.

jovenal
08-25-11, 10:41 PM
I think she keeps getting link off her wall where I posted that I tipped her awhile back...or just memorized it lol. I sure wish we had option of deleting our own posts from others walls. I figured after deleting her twice, she'd get the hint. Do you guys delete inactive players or just skip over them? I am just trying to be polite and do have wonderful neighbors who do actively tip and gift.

if she still have your post, she must not have much neighbors. a server maintenance will clear all those post in a blink of an eye. she won't have any link to you after that. in the meantime, just ignore her.

i personally don't delete and i really should. I just skip the inactive players.

ella012
08-26-11, 05:31 AM
Sorry this is happening to you:(
In this case I would try to explain to her (very nicely) that I do not wish to keep neighbors who don't tip and/or gift. Adding a "thanks for understanding" after the explanation also helps.
And if she keeps insisting on having you as a neighbor by sending requests and posting on your wall, all I can suggest is that you wait (take a sit because it might take a while) for the block button.

pastrychef17
08-26-11, 11:38 AM
I would just ignore until she can't contact you anymore. I routinely go through my neighbor list and delete the ones with a 0 rating who don't tip or gift, especially those at the higher levels when you figure they know how the game works - they know how to send parts requests often enough, lol. I have a 4-star rating and tip/gift almost daily and always reciprocate when someone gifts/tips me. So I'd rather only keep the neighbors who do the same.

blondhorse
08-26-11, 12:57 PM
Tba.k you for your suggestions. Yes I take it this person doesn't have much neighbors. So my post has been on awhile lol. Hoping for an update that wipes it out :-)

blondhorse
08-26-11, 12:59 PM
Oops...silly text. But I'm sure u all know when I meant :)

guiltfree
08-26-11, 01:14 PM
I have over 150 neighbors so I have no idea who gifts daily or even weekly, I know that I send gifts to all my neighbors daily and tip back all on my wall every day or so. I try not to delete a neighbor unless they have bad food or no food out and are a Zero or One. I figure it doesn't hurt me to leave them and with all the different time zones maybe I have already reached my 20 gift limit before they wake up?!?!?!? Just a thought and I know it was nice to have more neighbors when constructing appliances that way I could reject gifts and still get 20 a day. I have also noticed not all write on wall when they tip. Just my thoughts. :)

bawpotter
08-26-11, 02:25 PM
I would ask them to please stop inviting you. Most likely, they aren't that educated in TL stuff. You should tell them that you are rejecting them because your neighbor list is full. Tell them that if there is ever an opening, you will invite them. Obviously, your neighbor list can't fill up completely, and you will never talk to them again.

I hope this helps!

HawaiianQueen
08-28-11, 09:53 AM
I have the same experience. This neighbor constantly asking for something but never leaves tips or gifts. I'm considering removing this person. I tip fairly always in full and always gift. I'm in the same shoe as you blondhorse. I wish there's a way we can tell who tipped how many so that we can tip the same amount back. I just think it's so unfair that they leave you 1 tip and you tip them 3. Problem is that if you have more than a handful tipping around the same time you can't tell who tipped how much. Does anyone else think the same way that we should be able to see who tipped how much?