PDA

View Full Version : Last call for Holiday items!

GroupMagma
08-24-11, 06:08 PM
General notice: Your last chance to purchase holiday items from City Story, Farm Story, Bakery Story or Restaurant Story will be tomorrow: Thursday, Aug. 25! After that, the content will no longer be available for purchase.

Grab your favorite holiday-themed gear while you still can!

redbites
08-24-11, 06:43 PM
Will the gear be avaliable at christmas again?

joyirene
08-24-11, 06:49 PM
Can we get Halloween items?! My dream would be having a Halloween themed bakery and restaurant - I'd keep it all year!

jackroc
08-24-11, 07:02 PM
Is that the box that the big mountain is in? Don't het rifmd of that please! Could you possibly transfer it to anothe box like the ammusement case?

gitten
08-24-11, 07:28 PM
I am new to this deal - what item are you talking about and where are they ?

jaid666
08-24-11, 07:41 PM
What exactly counts as "holiday items" ?

joyirene
08-24-11, 07:54 PM
I would guess under the expansion tab that holiday box or whatever it is right? Also, maybe those like stringed lights in restaurant and gingerbread tree in bakery things like that? Or are those just normal items...

bigbux3
08-24-11, 08:17 PM
Aw. That sucks, cuz, hopefully if i got more gift cards for cash, i would attempt to get the Big Movie Theater

bawpotter
08-24-11, 09:30 PM
I think I may need to go an a shopping spree...

jackroc
08-25-11, 04:19 AM
I thought the big theatre was in the ammusement case. I hope they move some of the items ro other cases like the theatre and the big mountain. Those arent even holiday related!

kieranyeow
08-25-11, 06:01 AM
Hope i will make more new Things such as Halloween or something~

gitten
08-25-11, 09:41 AM
Oh how awful - i was looking forward to decorating my stories for holidays but was trying to get them going. Are you going to replace with new holiday items?

LanokaHarbor
08-25-11, 09:46 AM
Could you be more specific as to which cases will be taken down? In city story there is the valentine case, magic egg, and holiday surprise. Which one is coming down?

sehana
08-25-11, 10:57 AM
The holiday food and drinks won't be gone will they? I still like seeing the holiday stuff on the counters and making them.

jaid666
08-25-11, 11:08 AM
General notice: Your last chance to purchase holiday items from City Story, Farm Story, Bakery Story or Restaurant Story will be tomorrow: Thursday, Aug. 25! After that, the content will no longer be available for purchase.

Ok.. double posting this but GM can we get an idea of what IS considered holiday-themed gear? Are we talking everything from every game, like the gingerbread christmas tree, fourth of july items, or specific boxes? Will holiday recipes also be removed? It's great that you gave us a 24-hour notice about losing holiday-themed items, but what counts as holiday themed?

talyon
08-25-11, 11:37 AM
Looks like only Holiday themed BOXES as stated by GM, not holiday food items well be removed, I'm sure TL well bring out new holiday surprises as each Holiday draws closer. Fresh meat shall we say. Lol

GroupMagma
08-25-11, 12:11 PM
Update: It looks like it's all the holiday content -- recipes included.

redbites
08-25-11, 12:19 PM
What!!! Nooooooo I love plum pudding

Is the glazed ham and roast turkey going to be removed?

GroupMagma
08-25-11, 12:36 PM
What!!! Nooooooo I love plum pudding

Is the glazed ham and roast turkey going to be removed?

Don't have that info at this time, but I'll research further.

Hawaiianmomma
08-25-11, 12:45 PM
Will these recipes return during the Holidays Mr.G?

Hawaiianmomma
08-25-11, 12:45 PM
also will valentines cupcakes be removed from gifts Sir?

sehana
08-25-11, 01:00 PM
-- NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the recipes... very sad :(( :( :(( :( :((

redbites
08-25-11, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna miss the plum pudding :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

di1975
08-25-11, 01:14 PM
-- NOOOOOOOOOOOO, not the recipes... very sad :(( :( :(( :( :((

So little warning! I would have been mastering those recepies like crazy if we had known! Can we delay a week?!?

redbites
08-25-11, 01:16 PM
oops I realised that I forgot to master chocolate fondue and now I'll miss out on a extra gem

di1975
08-25-11, 01:21 PM
Wait a minute....is love potion in bakery a holiday item?!? Noooooooo, please!

redbites
08-25-11, 01:22 PM
Wait a minute....is love potion in bakery a holiday item?!? Noooooooo, please!
Yes it came on valentines day

di1975
08-25-11, 01:25 PM
Crapola! This sucks! I want to see new holiday items each holiday....not ones taken away!

ladyj0y
08-25-11, 02:01 PM
I don't like this Idea ;_______; WHY!? THATS MEAN!

redbites
08-25-11, 02:03 PM
I don't like this Idea ;_______; WHY!? THATS MEAN!
well Teamlava can't impress everyone, but maybe their servers are getting too full and they need to do some cleaning

Hawaiianmomma
08-25-11, 02:06 PM
Cleaning and Upgrade for our Block Button I hope..... But still would like to know if these menu items of food will return for the holidays

Hawaiianmomma
08-25-11, 02:07 PM
And also if the valentines cupcakes are being removed from gifts also

elliejean
08-25-11, 02:17 PM
Any new holiday items coming our way?

di1975
08-25-11, 02:19 PM
Quick! If you haven't mastered and are close....and have the coins to waste, you can get gem.

Just start a bunch, then store to clear, and repeat. Just got 1 gem for love potion and holiday donut. Was saving day long recipes until school/work started. Now, too late for those.

Costs a lot to make level 4 but level 2 about 30? Times I think. Tried to count but got distracted.

Off to make levels!

di1975
08-25-11, 03:10 PM
Make that closer to 50 times, I think. Cuz only half exp. Don't use easy appliances.

churroo
08-25-11, 03:25 PM
this is ridiculous! lucky i happened to check the forum today but there really should've been an in-game notice at least a week in advance. (one of those pop-up "news" messages.) also, we really should get a list of all the items that will be discontinued before it happens. TL, i love your games but i'm constantly disappointed in your CRM practices.

di1975
08-25-11, 04:29 PM
GM must be busssssy......

GroupMagma
08-25-11, 04:45 PM
this is ridiculous! lucky i happened to check the forum today but there really should've been an in-game notice at least a week in advance. (one of those pop-up "news" messages.) also, we really should get a list of all the items that will be discontinued before it happens. TL, i love your games but i'm constantly disappointed in your CRM practices.

I understand the frustration, but one of the reasons we have the forums is to make announcements such as these.

jackroc
08-25-11, 05:11 PM
GM, will they be only removing the boxes called "holiday case" (an example from citystory) or will other boxes, such as the valentine and Easter boxes be removed too?

jaid666
08-25-11, 05:15 PM
I understand the frustration, but one of the reasons we have the forums is to make announcements such as these.

The announcement is great, but no offense GM TL could have at least had the decency to give us more than just 24 hours notice, especially with the removal of the recipes.... 24hr notice when several of the holiday recipes took longer than 6 hours was kinda underhanded of them. :/

MFAcct
08-25-11, 05:27 PM
WhAt is going to be removed? I'm really confused...

jackroc
08-25-11, 05:29 PM
Any holiday items... i think. Many of us are confused too.

di1975
08-25-11, 05:32 PM
Any holiday items... i think. Many of us are confused too.

Including recipes. We are waiting for GM to give us a list.....he had to find out.

aznwondersxx
08-25-11, 05:38 PM
Is it just the holiday deco, or will the menu items (such as the Gingerbread Men, Egg Nog, Fruitcake, etc.) be gone as well?

redbites
08-25-11, 05:45 PM
Is it just the holiday deco, or will the menu items (such as the Gingerbread Men, Egg Nog, Fruitcake, etc.) be gone as well?
Yes that will all be gone as well

jaid666
08-25-11, 06:45 PM
Including recipes. We are waiting for GM to give us a list.....he had to find out.

At this rate we'll known what was removed before GM does...

joyirene
08-25-11, 06:47 PM
I'm only posting because this makes me #20 poster lol

And I didn't realize those recipes would go too, but I mastered them all as long as none are 1 or 2 days

di1975
08-25-11, 07:06 PM
I'm only posting because this makes me #20 poster lol

And I didn't realize those recipes would go too, but I mastered them all as long as none are 1 or 2 days

Uh....depends on game. Bakery has 1 day Love Potion, 1 day Holiday Donuts and a bunch of "holiday" stuff. If they take everything I consider holiday, that's at least 7 things off the top of my head.

To me, the worst is the love potion cuz it sells for $10 a serving!!!

sweetiana
08-25-11, 08:09 PM
so unfair that we are only given a two days notice. I only saw this today so I was trying so hard to cook/bake the holiday items. I was saving my city cash for the valentines box and on my android, it is no longer there :-( . they could have given at least a one week notice and have it on those pop ups (since they like those).

xokay
08-25-11, 08:30 PM
So the 4th of July stuff too then I guess.

di1975
08-25-11, 08:33 PM
So the 4th of July stuff too then I guess.

That's my guess. That really messes me up. I love the look of the celebration trifles! And the cupcakes in bakery. Whenever I want to level up quicker, I do all celebration trifles in bs cuz they are 25 exp for 1 hour recipe. And in rs, it's one of my favorite overnight things! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

jovenal
08-25-11, 08:42 PM
The announcement said purchasable holiday items, it only means holiday deco items and holiday magic box are going and not the holiday recipes... it's my guess.

di1975
08-25-11, 08:46 PM

For those who missed GM's comment. :(

talyon
08-25-11, 08:46 PM
I'll bet it's because of limitations on TL servers as you can only fit so much data etc, depending on size and how many they use, being a small company it makes sense to clear out room for hopefully some expansions etc.

MFAcct
08-25-11, 08:51 PM
Will they at least be rolled out again seasonally??

jovenal
08-25-11, 09:09 PM
it's already gone!!

tried to purchase holiday items tonight in RS and BS, it's already giving me a out of sync message. also coins are not being deducted. Holiday recipes still working..

Mogwai4111
08-25-11, 09:12 PM
A lot of people asked for the holiday items to be removed as they have no place in summer.

One person has to commend TL for acting on player feedback. I'll be that one :)

jovenal
08-25-11, 09:19 PM
I agreed! since they're taking them out, this mean we'll have newer stuff to decorate our place.

MFAcct
08-25-11, 09:27 PM
I managed to buy the 105 gems in city and bakery, got myself 4 boxes in each. So they must be taking them out gradually.

Jbug2116
08-26-11, 02:13 AM
Having doughnut withdrawal...but as long as more stuff comes along, I'll be able to cope :D

pbrigitte
08-26-11, 05:03 AM
Really? I understand the boxes but not the recipes. When I went on this morning the boxes were gone but I can still make the celebration trifle and gingerbread cookies ... odd. Still I loved the Valentine stuff and it's not like we're overloaded with recipes or anything so why get rid of them?

expressW
08-26-11, 05:05 AM
i bought gems just to buy the magic egg in city as it was still there but my gems didnt come through so it uninstalled and reinstalled and the magic egg/valentine box disappeared!! so sad.... no chance of ever getting condos or beach villas again..... =(

pbrigitte
08-26-11, 05:08 AM
Also I just unlocked fruitcake day before yesterday, I was excited to have a new 1 hr. to master :( moar sadness!

xokay
08-26-11, 05:21 AM
I wish I'd had more notice so I could have mastered them in time ;/

di1975
08-26-11, 06:03 AM
Also I just unlocked fruitcake day before yesterday, I was excited to have a new 1 hr. to master :( moar sadness!

Are the recipes gone? My appliances are full, so I can't tell.

di1975
08-26-11, 12:03 PM
Anyone? I saw a post that the holiday donuts are gone. Anything else?

redbites
08-26-11, 12:07 PM
Anyone? I saw a post that the holiday donuts are gone. Anything else?
The recipes are still available on rs for me but the holiday box is gone

di1975
08-26-11, 12:12 PM
Tks, rebites. I wonder what else they took from bs....

putka
08-26-11, 12:15 PM
For me, the only recipe that is gone is the holiday donuts. All others are still there. Boxes are gone too.

putka
08-26-11, 12:19 PM
Forgot to join the "not fair, don't take the recipes away" crowd. For a lot of them, i am so close to getting a gem. And the holiday donuts was one of my favorite 1day things to cook. We spent all this time on them, we should be able to finish them, at least.

I bet they only gave 1day warning, so people would go ahead and spend gems to instantly cook stuff or hurry up and buy a bunch of boxes. Nuh-uh, not happening. I did want the stuff from the Valentines box in City, but you will not extort me like this.
TL, you keep getting more and more disappointing and greedy with each day.

If the slow servers are the problem - upgrade. You chrge 5 dollars per 1tile building or a tiny wall decoration, you can afford to pay for servers.

redbites
08-26-11, 12:25 PM
@putka you could always cook blueberry buckle

di1975
08-26-11, 12:25 PM
I was finally able to look and holiday donuts are only thing gone. uh. Well, I panicked over nothing. I have 12 love potions going only cuz I thought they were going to disappear. Wasted money mastering quickly too (started and discarded to level 2). Wait a pain.

redbites
08-26-11, 12:28 PM
Remember you get an extra gem for mastering level 4

putka
08-26-11, 12:30 PM
@putka you could always cook blueberry buckle

I can't, don't have the level yet ;)

But also, i've spent all this time to cook donuts, i've gotten to a point and now that i was close to getting a reward for all the work, they are gone.

I just like the way the donuts look on my counters. I cook a lot of things, just because they look good and this was one of them.

But my biggest disappointment is that i've put in all the work and now i can't finish what i started. All those 1-day waitings could've been spent on... idk, red velvet cakes instead. I would've made more money and the recipe wouldn't have dissapeard before i can get the gem/ XP.

putka
08-26-11, 12:35 PM
Oh, and I am afraid that the rest of the "holiday" recipes will disappear as well. They are still here, but for how long? There are way too many that can be considered "holiday", i can't hurry up and cook them all. I am so not spending gems on cooking.

redbites
08-26-11, 12:37 PM
I hope egg nog doesn't disappear it's so tasty

putka
08-26-11, 01:15 PM
Well, i see the Spring Basket from BS is also gone :( . Who new spring was a holiday...

di1975
08-26-11, 01:38 PM
I can understand removing boxes....makes them limit time offers. However, I don't understand removing recipes. Once a chef learns a dish....it's part of their cookbook!

putka
08-26-11, 04:25 PM
OMG, i just realized the heart chairs are gone too. That really sucks. I was gonna get more as my bakery and restaurant expand, so my stuff matches. Take away the boxes, but stuff like recipes and chairs and tables should stay. I spent REAL MONEY to get a certain look for my bakery/restaurant and now i can't continue with it? I am supposed to spend all new gems to get a new theme. I bet that was the idea to begin with - to squeeze even MORE cash out of us.

This company and their shenanigans are getting ridiculous.

putka
08-26-11, 04:29 PM
I am so tired of all this. Either let me buy more chairs of the ones i already have OR buy the ones i have back and give me my gems back. Even if they are only 1 gem a piece, i don't care. I shouldn't have to put them in storage, never to be used again, just because.... i don't even know why you would do such a thing. The only explanation is greed. Well, get other idiots to give you their hard earned cash and be treated this way. I won't be getting any more gems.

ariesblu
08-26-11, 04:51 PM
Less than 24hr warning? Nice.

nutmeg67
08-26-11, 04:55 PM
Valentine Cupcakes & Valentine Cookies are also gone. However, the cupcakes are still one of gifts.

lesleypsg1
08-26-11, 05:25 PM
Just to be clear, items we have in storage will stay in storage right? Riiiiigggght? I've got all kinds of Christmas stuff but storing it for holiday season to roll around again.

putka
08-26-11, 07:12 PM
I still have the cookies, but the cupcakes are indeed gone :(

This is so frustrating!

The only chairs that i did like in Bakery were the Christmas and heart ones. Now the only ones i can keep buying are the plain brown ones. Ridiculous.

putka
08-26-11, 07:13 PM
Are the recipes gone? My appliances are full, so I can't tell.

You can double click, select cancel dish and start a new one, look through the book and then just x it. You will not lose your current item that is cooking.

pbrigitte
08-27-11, 04:39 AM
My V day cookies were gone but now they're back, seems really strange to me!

Leire22
08-27-11, 05:46 AM
I realy cant understand even ONE DARN REASON why they do this all BS...???????
how they can remove food recipes in bakery i cant cook holiday donut and valentine cupcakes, and borh almost 4th mastering, this is very u fair, they made me lost 2 games and no ability to continuing cooking it, i am very disappointed by this all, i was so happy there is many holidays boxes and generay there is so many boxes, which are no missing in games? I sm here at home 4th month sick, cant work, having no income, cuz had no paid for insurance to have cover it for sick days, and saving like idiot for gems, from each little money i get from family for food, and rest spending here in game for boxes etc, and now this? It is so dissapointing me, that i am losing motivation to play, really.

Leire22
08-27-11, 05:50 AM
In BAKERY STORY i cant bake anymore: HOLIDAY DONUT - dont looks even on any holiday one though, so i see it is total nonsense take this away, generally all this is nonsense. And as second i cant bake VALENTINE CUPCAKES. I would undedrstand they replace holoday boxes when is time to, but why they are taking this away from game? Lets TL write to us here ONE DARN REASON WHYYYYYY?????? thye are sure not stupid, they must know how are now all player mad, angry, dissapointed etc etc

Leire22
08-27-11, 05:52 AM
Sorry for typos, my ipad keyboard prolly does not like me :)

kelticmike50
08-27-11, 05:58 AM
I was also disappointed by the quick removal of the holiday items...I didn't even manage to
get the short notice....Why can't they see they make more money by making their gamers happy.

Well, on the plus side...there is more on offer in the weekly updates...

But I will sure miss Halloween and Christmas....

jaid666
08-27-11, 07:23 AM
Valentine Cupcakes & Valentine Cookies are also gone. However, the cupcakes are still one of gifts.

Am I the only one who finds this absolutely ridiculous? Why the HELL would TL take out all the useable "holiday" recipes but leave us with one of the worst "holiday" themed gifts in BS? Does this fall under their typical business motto of "Too difficult to fix"?

lottie0
08-27-11, 08:05 AM
please just change the holiday boxes next time and not the recipes

AiCandies
08-27-11, 11:01 AM
For a long time I've been thinking about buying some gems. You know, it felt bad not paying for something people work hard on...
But now I definitely won't. Really, why bother? All I ever wanted was either the penguin or the huge teddy bear!

Also, every other game I've played makes an announcement when they do things like these. You know, IN-GAME, so we every player knows. And in advance, too.
And really, I think one of the biggest challenges of the game is having everything in the recipe book in level 4. Knowing that some recipes were removed at random is just lame.
Makes me seriously think about not playing again, since apparently anything can be taken away at any given time (like when I expanded last week and the game just ate up an extra 50.000 coins).

If only it made any sense...

redbites
08-27-11, 11:07 AM
I don't mind the recipes being removed they were pretty dodgy

enaid03
08-27-11, 11:32 AM
Although I have mixed feelings on the recipe removal, I too am upset at the lack of fair warning and also only using this forum to let us know. I was able to master on recipe that I was close on just because I happen to be on the forum.

I personally lost 24 gems yesterday trying to click through yet another goofy in game message about a new gem item that something like the removal of the recipes should have been done in manner. Especially when giving such short notice.

briguynv
08-27-11, 02:57 PM
This is INSANE! They are taking MORE gems away from us! And give us practically NO notice... and NO official list of WHAT recipes are being removed?? Is pumpkin pie holiday related?? It's usually available year round for most people... and without a list to know exactly what we're losing, it's impossible to try to master them before they take them away!

We're supposed to GAIN new recipes... I cannot fathom a valid, rational reason why they would need to take these recipes away! It's totally insane in my opinion, and just one more major issue that makes these games more frustrating!! Yet they want us to spend our money when they take things away from us.

And WHY on earth anyone would PAY 5 gems to complete a dish quicker, in order to master it to earn 1 gem is a total idiot in my opinion! That makes NO sense! The whole point to master them is to EARN a gem... not COST you a ton of gems in the process... so TL can't possibly think that people would do that could they?

di1975
08-27-11, 03:18 PM
Oh, if you are talking about my posts about mastering....I never spend gems to finish quicker. You can start one recipe, which costs you coins to do.....then store appliance. This clears the appliance. Put it back out and start cooking again.

I lost a lot of coins doing this....and it takes forever cuz u only get 3 chef hats for starting a dish...not on easy appliance....BUT I was able to get from nothing to level 2 on holiday donuts this way. And earn gem....not spend anything but coins.

I agree, a list would have been great! I wasted time doing this with multiple recipes I thought were going to disappear...and didn't!

flowless
08-27-11, 03:51 PM
u know a list could really be helpful just a thought

jovenal
08-27-11, 04:53 PM
u know a list could really be helpful just a thought

for now the only recipes that had been removed were holiday donut and valentine cupcake. all holiday theme deco are all gone..

jovenal
08-27-11, 05:00 PM
Oh, if you are talking about my posts about mastering....I never spend gems to finish quicker. You can start one recipe, which costs you coins to do.....then store appliance. This clears the appliance. Put it back out and start cooking again.

I lost a lot of coins doing this....and it takes forever cuz u only get 3 chef hats for starting a dish...not on easy appliance....BUT I was able to get from nothing to level 2 on holiday donuts this way. And earn gem....not spend anything but coins.

I agree, a list would have been great! I wasted time doing this with multiple recipes I thought were going to disappear...and didn't!

you don't need to store the appliances, just tap the appliances and accept to "cancel this dish and start a new dish."

Anyway, I think the next round of removal of more holiday recipes will be on Friday. TL will probably coordinate both content updates and holiday recipes removal on the same day. at least that's what I'm hoping...

jovenal
08-27-11, 05:15 PM
for now the only recipes that had been removed were holiday donut and valentine cupcake. all holiday theme deco are all gone..

Here's the weird part.. valentine cupcake recipe had been pulled out from bakery but it is still available in RS.

redbites
08-27-11, 05:31 PM
I haven't lost anything on restaurant, why has everyone else?

jovenal
08-27-11, 05:43 PM
I haven't lost anything on restaurant, why has everyone else?

only the holiday deco, all the holiday recipes in RS are still available.

redbites
08-27-11, 06:29 PM
only the holiday deco, all the holiday recipes in RS are still available.
I haven't lost any decor as well

di1975
08-27-11, 08:22 PM

Did you get update? I think my disappeared with the update.

Maybe for once, it's good to be a Tuesday update.

jovenal
08-27-11, 08:26 PM

Really? That's great, I hope it stay for you.

jovenal
08-27-11, 08:28 PM
Did you get update? I think my disappeared with the update.

Maybe for once, it's good to be a Tuesday update.

Mine didn't disappear right away after the update. I still had them last night but this morning they were all gone.

briguynv
08-28-11, 04:30 AM

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular... but I have seen a few people mention specifically doing exactly that, spending 5 gems to instantly complete it, so they can master it quicker. I was like "huh?? Are you nuts?!" And then I saw someone post that they thought maybe that's what TL is hoping we will do, so we'll run out of gems quicker by instantly completing so many, so we'll buy more. Again, nuts if anyone at TL every thought that... cuz anyone who would actually do that (use gems up to complete, then buy more because they ran out) is welcome to spend every penny they make buying gems, cuz they already have no common sense! lol

And I agree with Jovenal... I am very, very worried that more recipes will disappear with next week's update... but without knowing WHAT they will remove, it's a guessing game in trying to master them in the few days we have left. Personally, I don't care as much about the deco... although I think it's unfair for people who purchased a certain number, but were saving up to buy more, to complete their look. And again, to me it makes no sense to remove ANYTHING. But for me anyway, recipes are far more important, as they allow us to earn those gems that they love taking from us anyway. So removing the recipes really frosts me!!!

And if they DO keep removing more... then I am pretty sure I will have to quit ALL TL games and tell every person I possibly can to avoid TL at all costs. If they are gonna take so many recipes away with no rational reason I can come up with, and none given of course... why do they even bother to give new recipes when they are just gonna take them away from us, and doing this, among other things, proves to me they don't care one bit for their players. For new people, as I still am really... ALL recipes are new. And we should have the opportunity to cook them ALL!!!

And as for people who just didn't want these recipes... just don't cook them! But let those of us that DO want to cook them have the chance!! I think it's extremely selfish of any player to ASK them to be removed simply because THEY don't want to cook them anymore... get over yourselves... just don't freaking cook them if you don't want to!! I'm sure, once I master everything, there will be dishes I won't ever cook again because I don't "like" them. Heck, I already hate all the dishes that pay 1 or 2 coins per plate, they seem like a waste, and I get irritated by identical dishes in BS & RS that take totally different cook times and pay completely different, so I don't really like those either... BUT I cook them now to master them. But even after I'm done mastering, I'd NEVER consider asking them to be removed because other people have the RIGHT to cook them!!!

But why should I even TRY to master any recipes... when they could take them away right before getting a gem on level 2 or 4 every time... with no warning... no PROPER warning anyway!! So if they continue to remove recipes... if this doesn't just turn out to be an error... then why should I bother to keep playing. At this rate... for every new 1 or 2 recipes they add, they will remove 1-4, so in the end, we'll have the same amount, or LESS recipes to cook from. What's the point!?!?!?

Totally unprofessional TL! Is TL really a real business... a real company?? With competent adults running it? Or is it some dorky teenager kids creating games in their basement or garage, kids who have NO clue how to actually run a business or treat their customers with respect?? I'm beginning to wonder about that!

flavoredjane
08-28-11, 02:30 PM
I am hoping that the recipes come back during the holidays and I will get the chance to remaster them, this time getting 2 gems (level 2 and 4) instead of just the one gem I got for level 2 the first time and no gem for mastery.

27Redd
08-28-11, 08:38 PM
Hey Brig, they just pulled a few holiday recipees. You are acting like that pulled all kind of random recipees. They need to keep it fresh or people will get bored. Maybe you should ask for your subscription fee back since you are so upset...........

Hawaiianmomma
08-28-11, 08:43 PM
Personal foullol

Hawaiianmomma
08-28-11, 08:46 PM
I do have valid question for farm though how come the scarecrow is removed, it's not normally considered a seasonal item as it's used year round on farms across the U.S.

greygull
08-28-11, 09:01 PM
I know kooky asked someone else about the scarecrow. Did it disappear at the same time as the seasonal items?

Hawaiianmomma
08-28-11, 09:10 PM
Me thinks so, lucky I own one to keep, but just curious why the removal, just checked my store and the option is no longer there. Just doesn't seem very right to take it out especially on a farm

mushroom79
08-28-11, 10:02 PM
can someone start a vote to see how many people want the decor and recipes that were removed in all stories back? just like how we got back our gnomes and rivers! I think its understandable to remove the holiday boxes but not the recipes and decors! because for recipes, there are many new players out there who hasnt cooked the recipes before likewise, there are others who want the deco to match the colour theme of their bakery/restaurants. hope that the dev team can consider our requests based on the poll results and give us back our holiday donuts, valentine cupcakes, heart table/chairs etc and other decos and recipes just like how we got back our rivers and gnomes.

bawpotter
08-29-11, 12:04 AM
I doubt that TL will take that many recipes away. It will just make people complain more about not having enough recipes, and it will make life harder for the TL coders.

bobbyrae
08-29-11, 09:30 AM
And i kept delaying on mastering the holiday recipes too... oh well...

lyzzandra
08-29-11, 09:45 AM
I don't even have an idea if I have mastered those removed items.. foolish me.. thinking that once I'm in the middle of completing level 4, I would only continue baking/cooking those until I feel I am in need of the gems..now they are gone. Just awesome

parks1
08-29-11, 10:38 AM
Where is the edit tool in restaurant, so I can get tools I received as gifts?

Hawaiianmomma
08-29-11, 11:25 AM
Where is the edit tool in restaurant, so I can get tools I received as gifts?
Tools go straight into appliance box your building......

pastrychef17
08-29-11, 04:19 PM
As far as I can tell, the holiday recipes are still in RS. I was able to get to level 2 on Plum Pudding, Valentine Cupcake & Celebration Trifle. Working on Level 4 for those now while they're still up. The weird thing is sometimes Valentine Cupcake is there as a gift option and sometimes it isn't. I only gift Stew or parts so it doesn't bother me to have it removed but I want to get to level 4 first before they take the recipe away :).

On Bakery Story, only Holiday Donut seeks to be missing as a recipe. I hurried up and mastered Fruitcake and Celebration Trifle, now working on mastering Egg Nog, Love Potion and Valentine Cookies.

Although more notice (at least a week) would be nice if they're going to take away something, I can understand why they'd want to retire some things. Everyone clamors for new recipes but they can't keep an infinite number about and have to do some culling. But at a minimum, they should give a decent notice period.

Leire22
08-30-11, 12:02 PM
I myself been so angry that i wrote email o support, but no reply. I kmow sure i had almost 4th master in holiday donut and valenine cupcake in BS, so they owe me these plus in night club they owe me for 3 drinks masteingon 4 level gems, cuz t was already after their pop up announce about these gems, which we should get, so they owe me 5 gems total, and for me it is not little, not all ppl here who play are rich.

briguynv
08-30-11, 02:24 PM
Hey Brig, they just pulled a few holiday recipees. You are acting like that pulled all kind of random recipees. They need to keep it fresh or people will get bored. Maybe you should ask for your subscription fee back since you are so upset...........

I am not acting like it's 'random'... I am upset that they already pulled 2 that I was in the middle of mastering, so I lost out on 4 gems already (8 gems technically since I play on 2 devices). And many posts are saying that they think they will be pulling many, many more recipes that TL considers to be holiday... like all the "celebration" items, fruitcake, pumpkin pie, egg nog, etc... if they removed all the ones people are talking about, we'd lose like 8-10 more recipes, or maybe more between BS & RS both... that would make me quit ALL TL games, and tell everyone I can to avoid them. Removing 2 already is bad enough, but taking away 8-12 recipes total or more is WAY too many!! Especially since there are many weeks of updates where we only get one new one... or no new recipes, only deco.

And I don't know what 'fee' you're talking about. But they certainly hope I will buy gems and spend some money with them... but the way things are going, they won't get a penny from me... they have already stolen too many gems from me for no reason due to 'glitches' which I don't think are glitches, I now think they are on purpose, and now taking more gems away by removing recipes I haven't yet mastered... it's all too unprofessional for me to give them any of my money. If they start changing some things for the better, stop taking away recipes, and put in safety measures for gems, then I'd happily buy quite a few gem packs!

As for "keeping it fresh"... there are many, many new players starting to play every day... the recipes they are removing ARE fresh to us... it's not fair to take them away. They can just keep ADDING, they don't have to remove. People who choose not to cook them don't have to, if you're tired of them or whatever. But let us do so if we want to... especially to earn our gems. Maybe they should give players the option to remove recipes they no longer want in their cookbooks... so people like you who want it "fresh", who don't want to cook these items can remove them... but the MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY others of us that want to keep them may do so!

OR at the very least... if they want to remove recipes... make it so anyone who HAS mastered them, they go away... if you haven't mastered them, they remain in the game UNTIL you master them. As soon as you reach level 4 and get your gem, then it goes away. THAT would be FAIR!

So yes, I am upset... I feel I have the right to be upset. I'm not screaming, crazy, rage-filled angry... but I am VERY disappointed and upset that TL keeps doing things with no regard to their customers, yet they want everyone to keep paying them money for gems. I think it's wrong, and I wish more people would take a stand and stop buying gems until they resolve some of the MAJOR issues! But I know there are too many people who just don't care... and apparently too many people who have money to burn and just spend and spend and spend without any thought... and others who do care, but are just too wrapped up in the game and want their deco so badly they buy them even though they feel it's wrong. So I know it won't ever happen... but I still wish TL would realize the wrongs they are doing.

But the simple fact is... taking away ONE recipe is too many in my opinion... when they offer gems as rewards for cooking them, none should ever be removed. If they want to take out the special boxes or even deco (which I also don't agree with), at least those don't provide gem rewards... but any item that offers us a challenge to complete, we should have the opportunity to do so!

jenn7878
08-30-11, 08:06 PM
These seems like holiday items to me:

1) Fruitcake (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?)
2) Celebration Cake
3) Celebration Trifle
4) Valentine Cupcake
5) Gingerbread (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?)
6) Valentine Cookies
7) Holiday Donut
8) Pumpkin Pie (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?)

For drinks:
1) Love Potion (someone mentioned this is from Valentine's?)

Anymore to add on? I only started playing in Apr, so not sure which are from Valentine's and Christmas's.
I'm sure the Celebration Cake and Celebration Trifle will be taken away as it's for US Independent Day in Jul.

jenn7878
08-30-11, 08:10 PM
BTW, is Sparkling Cider considered as holiday recipe?

Valentine Cupcake and Holiday Donut have disappeared from my recipe.
I'm now cooking the Pumpkin Pie which takes 2 days to earn the Level 4 Gem. Hopefully they don't disappear by Fri!!

It's sad when I'm now at Level 3 for Valentine Cupcake, Gingerbread, Valentine Cookies, Holiday Donut and Love Potion. If TeamLava is removing them, then I will stop cooking these items since I won't be getting the Level 4 Gems for them :(

mushroom79
08-30-11, 10:20 PM
1) Fruitcake (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?)
2) Celebration Cake (BS and RS)
3) Celebration Trifle (BS and RS)
4) Valentine Cupcake (GONE on BS still around on RS)
5) Gingerbread (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?)
6) Valentine Cookies
7) Holiday Donut (GONE)
8) Pumpkin Pie (someone mentioned this is from Christmas's?) RS and BS
9) Plum Pudding (From RS)

For drinks:
1) Love Potion (someone mentioned this is from Valentine's?)
2) Egg Nog (has a Christmas leaf on it so its from christmas?)

Added on to the previous list
With these 11 items plus 4 that appears in both BS and RS, this is a loss of 15 gems each at Lvl 2 and Lvl 4. :(

pastrychef17
08-31-11, 10:33 AM
It's sad when I'm now at Level 3 for Valentine Cupcake, Gingerbread, Valentine Cookies, Holiday Donut and Love Potion. If TeamLava is removing them, then I will stop cooking these items since I won't be getting the Level 4 Gems for them :(

My advice is to keep working on them anyway. There's no guarantee they'll be removed in the near future and you have to bake something anyway so why not focus on them? Since the initial fracas, I've concentrated on cooking mostly the holiday items and I've been able to get to level 4 on a few of them in the past few days when I was only on level 2 before. So if they did pull them without notice now, at least I've got them mastered. But I probably wouldn't have focused on them so much if Holiday Donut hadn't been pulled so unexpectedly.

briguynv
08-31-11, 10:10 PM
It's still unfair and makes no rational sense! It's a game... people should be able to pretend like it's Christmas year round if they want. Plus, it IS almost September... we have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner... yet July 4th (celebration) is barely in the past... so there's NO reason to remove any of those!! Plus Pumpkin Pie is available year round most places... so is cider. Celebration items could celebrate ANYTHING so they should stay, they aren't JUST July 4th. All the other items COULD be considered holiday, but again there is NO valid reason to remove ANY recipe... holiday or not. And for TL to IGNORE so many upset players makes me wonder if they care at all about their players. And as I've said, if they keep removing recipes, added to other issues, I see no reason to continue playing, because that tells me they only care about money, and very little about doing good, positive things for their players... and if they keep that up, I think many other people will figure it out and millions will eventually stop playing and stop making them money, and maybe then they will realize their mistakes... after it's too late!

Alleykat2008
09-15-11, 12:28 PM
I wish there had been a notice in the game. When I got my gem allowance for three month and went to buy Christmas decor, it was gone! There are a lot of upset people right now. I know this because we talk in-game daily. Can't you put it back for a day? Or, is there going to be a new one? Either way would be great. Thanks for listening.

lyer1
09-17-11, 07:46 AM
Seriously? Halloween is the most popular choice? Don't get me wrong..I like Halloween as much as the next guy, but it's ONE DAY, not to mention that there are MANY different ethnicities and people from religious backgrounds playing this game, and Halloween as a main choice for a box would probably be either unwelcome or unfamiliar...Why can't there be more generic Fall and Winter Boxes, and in those boxes there could be a few choices for everyone i.e. (Fall Box) carved jack o' lanterns (or other Halloween items), turkeys, trees with colored leaves, cornucopias, etc. and (Winter Box) Christmas trees, Menorahs, wreaths, snowmen, icicles, holiday lights, etc.
Like Alleykat2008, I had a $50 iTunes card to stock up on Holiday items, and was really disappointed to find the box was gone...Shame on me for not being a Forum-crawler and reading the 08/25 deadline, but I spend so much money and time playing my RS game, that I never have time to get on the computer (or bathe, sleep or eat- Haha!). It's my request that if something MAJOR is going to be pulled, such as Gem Boxes or food categories, there should be a pop-up IN THE GAME...God knows that Team Lava has the Pop-Up notifications system down to a SCIENCE, and I feel that a solution like this would be beneficial to EVERYONE; We get our last chance to blow our wads on retiring boxes, and Team Lava will enjoy the last-minute, incoming glut of cash from addicted and well-financed players. {:-)

p.s. PLEASSSEEEEEEE MAY WE HAVE THE HOLIDAY BOX FOR ONE MORE DAY...I PROMISE TO SPEND ENOUGH TO SEND YOUR (TL's) KIDS' TO COLLEGE!!! {;-)

xSnowyOwlx
09-19-11, 01:36 PM
Why are some of the holiday items still listed? I do have some stored, but I didn't have the nutcracker and thought that was a holiday item and it's still available for purchase in Restaurant.

Shamrock1963
09-24-11, 11:52 AM
If the slow servers are the problem - upgrade. You chrge 5 dollars per 1tile building or a tiny wall decoration, you can afford to pay for servers.

Seriously.

Shamrock1963
09-24-11, 11:54 AM

It has been over a month, and there is still no official list on what has been and what is being removed.

farmertammy39
09-24-11, 12:01 PM
i am having lots of problems with my bakery story.... every since the update i have been unable to send gifts.... 4 over a month when i recieve gifts i only get 1 out of 50 of the gifts.... and 4 3days my score 2 advance hasnt changed.... whats up bakey story?

farmertammy39

kooky panda
09-24-11, 01:47 PM
i am having lots of problems with my bakery story.... every since the update i have been unable to send gifts.... 4 over a month when i recieve gifts i only get 1 out of 50 of the gifts.... and 4 3days my score 2 advance hasnt changed.... whats up bakey story?

farmertammy39
there is a gifting issues on games. Please join the current thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17935-BS-and-RS-unlimited-gifting

bullseyes
09-24-11, 04:10 PM
It has been over a month, and there is still no official list on what has been and what is being removed.

Agreed! I have no idea whether I'm wasting my time trying to cook all of these holiday recipes.... for all I know they might not even be discontinued. I still have my Valentine cookies in Bakery, just finished those, but I don't have Holiday donuts anymore.

joyirene
09-24-11, 09:59 PM
The items were already removed... It's odd though that holiday donuts are gone but valentines cookies and gingerbread cookies are still there.

Also, snowflake tables and chairs were removed from restaurant, but are still available in bakery.

Not that I'm complaining, just seemed kind of random what they removed and left.....

jaid666
09-25-11, 10:48 AM
The items were already removed... It's odd though that holiday donuts are gone but valentines cookies and gingerbread cookies are still there.

Also, snowflake tables and chairs were removed from restaurant, but are still available in bakery.

Not that I'm complaining, just seemed kind of random what they removed and left.....

Random always does seem to end up being the name of the game with TL. Maybe they were originally intending to remove all holiday items but got distracted half way through by the development of new cash/gem items? lol

plussizebeauty
09-25-11, 01:10 PM
I just dont get how something is there one day and not the next. And why some people on the same levels as me or lower have more appliances then me or another person. Way to ODD.

Rachael98
09-25-11, 01:50 PM
I just dont get how something is there one day and not the next. And why some people on the same levels as me or lower have more appliances then me or another person. Way to ODD.

-They removed it, after this thread was posted as a warning
-You can buy extra appliance slots for gems:).

briguynv
09-25-11, 04:35 PM
I just hope someone at TL heard about everyone being SO upset about removing recipes that they learned NOT to ever do it again!! We don't CARE if it's holiday related, it's food and we want to keep ALL recipes!! Plus, even being holiday related... maybe someone wants to create a Valentine Bakery year round or a Christmas Restaurant year round... it's a game, not real life, it doesn't have to follow a real life calendar, we should be able to have a fantasy place if we want. We can't do that if they keep taking things!!

So hopefully they realized what a mistake it is to REMOVE things, and they will concentrate on fixing issues and adding things!

joyirene
09-25-11, 08:35 PM
But maybe the game would run slow if everything stayed forever? The way I think of it, the things they remove are only making room for new and better things :)

gobblies
09-26-11, 04:24 AM
(Going off topic)(suggested lock)

bullseyes
09-26-11, 04:45 PM
I don't think it's going off-topic.... We are still talking about our dissatisfaction with the Holiday items being removed. Or is this thread not about our dissatisfaction? Shall I start a new thread? Because this is a huge issue for me, one that should not be ignored.

PurpleIvy
09-26-11, 05:27 PM

How is this going off topic??? Is his thread not about the removal of holiday items?? Isnt halloween a holiday??
It is where i live..the US! Didn't team lava once again give us holiday recipes and deco (the new halloween ones), and then suddenly take them away??? I think this is very much on topic!

redbites
09-26-11, 05:36 PM
come on!! if people suggest things like this then the WHOLE forum will be locked

briguynv
09-26-11, 07:27 PM

Off topic??? Talking about the removed holiday items in the removed holiday items thread is off topic?? What the heck?

trenae
09-26-11, 07:50 PM
Alrighty folks - lets get this back on topic.

As a reminder if you feel a thread has gone off topic, please post in the Community Manager's thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread), send a private message or visitor message to a Community Manager or Player moderator (http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php), or use the report a post feature. This will assist in the thread not being derailed and gives the moderators/Community Mangers a chance to take a look and see if any action is necessary.

briguynv
09-26-11, 07:57 PM
But maybe the game would run slow if everything stayed forever? The way I think of it, the things they remove are only making room for new and better things :)

Oh forgot to quote & reply to this. And this IS on topic, the removal of any deco & recipes, holiday or otherwise!
My suggestion is this... when they want to remove recipes, they need to make it so it won't be removed UNTIL a person reaches mastery level 4. Once they master it, THEN it can disappear. Otherwise, they are *****ing us out of gems for mastering. Plus that way, new people who start playing the games still get a chance to cook those foods as well and earn their gems.

Or at the very LEAST, if they MUST remove them... they need to give us 30 days notice, via IN GAME pop up, so we have a chance to cook the heck out of them. And they can't take more than 2-3 at a time, so we can physically cook them all in 30 days. Less than 30, and most lower level players, who don't have a room full of appliances wouldn't be able to even get to level 2 mastery... and that's not fair. But giving us ONE day notice is wrong... and 90% of the people never even knew because they aren't on the forums. It's poor business practices to do it that way. So I really hope the mods on this site let the people who matter know what a bad job they did and how easy it is to fix it. I would rather wait 30 days for new items to give everyone a chance to master the ones they want to take away to make room.

Hawaiianmomma
09-26-11, 07:59 PM
It would be cool of TL to leave the recipes.....I understand removing the decor after many moons have passed and the majority has had time to buy them....many of my neighbors during this summer brought out their snowmen to go with the ice cream machines so they could have cool thoughts when they view their RS's & BS's to get away from the sweltering heat in the U.S southern states...maybe just leave all the recipes....they are fun to make anytime of the year

Hawaiianmomma
09-26-11, 08:08 PM
Maybe future recipes from now on can be solid staples.....I love everything in the recipe books you've made...so do many of my great neighbors

nmishii
09-26-11, 08:15 PM
I saw no reason for the recipes to leave. Until they came out with the deep fryer then I thought maybe they wanted to remove the holiday donuts since they were made in a little fryer on top of the oven. They removed the donuts, but most of the recipes stayed.

There should have been more notice. They either run their business by the seat of their pants or they don't care enough about their customers to notify us of changes in advance, or both.

Shamrock1963
09-26-11, 09:36 PM
I saw no reason for the recipes to leave. Until they came out with the deep fryer then I thought maybe they wanted to remove the holiday donuts since they were made in a little fryer on top of the oven. They removed the donuts, but most of the recipes stayed.

I see no reason for the decor to leave either. People who have just started the games should have a chance to buy these items, and people who have already bought holiday decor may want to buy more when they have gems to do so or when they expand. I don't believe it will make that much difference to the game speed because the graphics still have to be there for the items that have already been bought. Unless TeamLava plans to remove the items that have already been purchased.

There should have been more notice. They either run their business by the seat of their pants or they don't care enough about their customers to notify us of changes in advance, or both.

Well put.

nmishii
09-26-11, 09:57 PM
I see no reason for the decor to leave either. People who have just started the games should have a chance to buy these items, and people who have already bought holiday decor may want to buy more when they have gems to do so or when they expand. I don't believe it will make that much difference to the game speed because the graphics still have to be there for the items that have already been bought. Unless TeamLava plans to remove the items that have already been purchased.

I think we've all noticed that the prices of items keep soaring. They might want to take out the old, normal priced holiday items and sell only new, more expensive items. I heard the halloween tables and chairs were 5 gems each. Coin items like food are also more expensive, but they usually don't make money off of coins.

ariesblu
09-26-11, 10:02 PM
-You can buy extra appliance slots for gems:).
Not everyone has that capability. I think that is what she is getting at.

wingsofanangel2417
09-26-11, 10:02 PM
I love all the new table and chair items that come out but I agree that the prices are way to high in gems. I am very OCD in the way my BS or RS story look, I cannot stand anything but unity. If I have a table in my story all the tables have to be the same and same with chairs. Both of my storys I have atleast 29 tables/chairs, if the cost 5 gems each thats 145 gems all together which is why I never buy gem tables and chairs... I love the items I just wish I could afford to spend more than 5-10 dollars a month on this game when in real life the purchase gets me no where.

Shamrock1963
09-26-11, 10:51 PM
I think we've all noticed that the prices of items keep soaring. They might want to take out the old, normal priced holiday items and sell only new, more expensive items. I heard the halloween tables and chairs were 5 gems each. Coin items like food are also more expensive, but they usually don't make money off of coins.

The food items might be more expensive, but they have a larger number of plates and a higher overall profit.

If the Halloween tables and chairs are 5 gems each, I doubt I'll be getting any. Or do you mean that it's 5 gems for a table and chair set?

Shamrock1963
09-26-11, 10:52 PM
I love all the new table and chair items that come out but I agree that the prices are way to high in gems. I am very OCD in the way my BS or RS story look, I cannot stand anything but unity. If I have a table in my story all the tables have to be the same and same with chairs. Both of my storys I have atleast 29 tables/chairs, if the cost 5 gems each thats 145 gems all together which is why I never buy gem tables and chairs... I love the items I just wish I could afford to spend more than 5-10 dollars a month on this game when in real life the purchase gets me no where.

That's still not as bad as floor tiles that cost gems.

joyirene
09-26-11, 10:55 PM
Since were on the subject, it makes sense that they want to take out the old cheaper holiday items to release new OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED items. I mean 5 gems is a lot for a table, but 5 gems for the CHAIR? that's 10 gems for one matching set and 40 gems just to get a 4 table square. I want Halloween items more than anything, but I'm not about to pay any of those prices unless there is a huge gem sale. Like 75% off lol.

briguynv
09-27-11, 12:08 AM
Even at 75% off it's too high... which is another reason I'm still upset that they removed these things. For people who actually PAY those high gem amounts, then later they expand and need more matching items, oops... sorry, they removed them. Gotta start all over... and spend even MORE money to get MORE gems! WRONG! That is just greed! Plus items that we need a TON of such as floor & wall tiles, chairs & tables should ALWAYS be coins... gem items should only be actual decor items that people don't need 50 of... otherwise, it's just mean! Seriously, you wanna charge 45 gems for some fountain, fine... nobody needs 30 fountains. But we DO need 30-60 tables/chairs... what like 20-40 wall tiles, and up to 250? floor tiles? No way we should be paying gems for items like that, even one gem each when we need that high of a quantity. Plants, paintings, special display cases & tables... all cool with gems (although I'd love coin options lol) as they make more sense... but not our main, required items.
But someone needs to tell TL to STOP removing things period! I find it hard to believe it would slow the games down that much just having more decor & food added. When they deleted things, my devices didn't move any faster! And they haven't slowed down worse since adding other new items. What slows them down are updates they do that messes with how the games PLAY, the actual processing. So PLEASE don't remove any more items... and in fact, I think they should bring back what they took! I want the valentine stuff, and the holiday donuts are different than the new donut stuff. Even if they put the old holiday donut in the new deep fryer... just bring back the removed items! :-D

Hawaiianmomma
09-27-11, 03:12 AM
I no like bum nobody's trip.....but the Green Ornate Tableshave always been 5 gems from when the was released.....I paid that Christmas for them to make a Tree......so are the prices really going up?

Hawaiianmomma
09-27-11, 03:19 AM
Meaning RS.......I know things seem expensive.....yeah...rainbow ponies are crazy priced and so are zoo animals...but RS has always had that 5 gem table.....then prices have progressively dropped over the year with new tables.....that is a fact

wingsofanangel2417
09-27-11, 10:01 PM
Even at 75% off it's too high... which is another reason I'm still upset that they removed these things. For people who actually PAY those high gem amounts, then later they expand and need more matching items, oops... sorry, they removed them. Gotta start all over... and spend even MORE money to get MORE gems! WRONG! That is just greed! Plus items that we need a TON of such as floor & wall tiles, chairs & tables should ALWAYS be coins... gem items should only be actual decor items that people don't need 50 of... otherwise, it's just mean! Seriously, you wanna charge 45 gems for some fountain, fine... nobody needs 30 fountains. But we DO need 30-60 tables/chairs... what like 20-40 wall tiles, and up to 250? floor tiles? No way we should be paying gems for items like that, even one gem each when we need that high of a quantity. Plants, paintings, special display cases & tables... all cool with gems (although I'd love coin options lol) as they make more sense... but not our main, required items.
But someone needs to tell TL to STOP removing things period! I find it hard to believe it would slow the games down that much just having more decor & food added. When they deleted things, my devices didn't move any faster! And they haven't slowed down worse since adding other new items. What slows them down are updates they do that messes with how the games PLAY, the actual processing. So PLEASE don't remove any more items... and in fact, I think they should bring back what they took! I want the valentine stuff, and the holiday donuts are different than the new donut stuff. Even if they put the old holiday donut in the new deep fryer... just bring back the removed items! :-D

I completely agree with that! Items such as walls, floors, tables, and chairs should not cost gems but decorations are fine to cost gems for. I would actually buy more gems if I was able to purchase more necessary items because when your able to make your story look very good with tables, chairs, floors, and walls your going to want to add more decorations atleast thats how I feel.