PDA

View Full Version : Andriod version not the same as iPhone version?

charlesec
08-23-11, 11:37 AM
I've played restaurant story and bakery story for almost a year now, and I've just started reading the posts on here. Why is the Android version not the same as iDevice versions? I've been having some weird things going on with my restaurant lately as well. My portabello mushrooms are missing from my grill cookbook, and it happened with the last update. And my ministrone soup can only be found under the "lunch" tab and not the "all" tab. What else are we Android users missing out on? And does anyone know when and if there will be an update for us so all the games are the same? All answers are much appreciated :)

greygull
08-23-11, 12:10 PM
First I'd like to say I play on both - iDevice and Android. So I see all the differences, even the ones that most people wouldn't notice.

TL is aware of the problems listed, and the lemon lime soda. They are working on getting everything fixed. Other then these problems, almost everything is now identical. I know Android does not yet have the "Buy another appliance slot for 24 gems", but I'm confident that it will arrive soon enough.

Since I'm not a computer designer or anything, this part is only a guess. iOS and Android probably have very different scripts, which is why some things are different (ex. layouts, colors)

charlesec
08-23-11, 09:31 PM
Thank you for your answer! Very good to know we're not really missing out on anything. You were very helpful!! :)

kieranyeow
08-24-11, 07:24 PM
And i had i probelm,my RS and BS is runing very slow,why?

kooky panda
08-24-11, 07:34 PM
If this was just today, there were some servers issues about nine hours ago.

If more than today, what device (and its version) do you play on?

filo66
08-25-11, 03:21 PM
[...]almost everything is now identical. I know Android does not yet have the "Buy another appliance slot for 24 gems", but I'm confident that it will arrive soon enough.

Not true.

iOS has "missions" that Android doesn't. Start with buying white tables and chairs and get coins/exp, then visit neighbors and tip for more coins/exp and so on.

Sure, it'll all probably make it to Android someday but the lag is usually months.

iOS got buildable appliances, daily bonuses, visit bonus, extra appliance slots, missions and lots more before Android. Bottom line, iOS users get breaks, extra content and extra advancement (experience, coin, etc.) and Android users get the shaft. Consistently.

Aside from bugs there's nothing that was ever Android first.

Any Android user paying TL for gems/CC is a sucker.

cat2861
08-25-11, 04:48 PM
I have a Droid and I do get the missions that you are talking about. They are on the left hand side of my screen and I play them some of the times and get the extra coins & xp. I also get the coins and xp's when I visit my neighbors to tip them.

cat2861
08-25-11, 04:48 PM
This is all on my Droid for Bakery story.

pinkster73
08-25-11, 04:50 PM
Not true.

iOS has "missions" that Android doesn't. Start with buying white tables and chairs and get coins/exp, then visit neighbors and tip for more coins/exp and so on.

Sure, it'll all probably make it to Android someday but the lag is usually months.

iOS got buildable appliances, daily bonuses, visit bonus, extra appliance slots, missions and lots more before Android. Bottom line, iOS users get breaks, extra content and extra advancement (experience, coin, etc.) and Android users get the shaft. Consistently.

Guess I'm a sucker

filo66
08-25-11, 05:35 PM
I have a Droid and I do get the missions that you are talking about. They are on the left hand side of my screen and I play them some of the times and get the extra coins & xp. I also get the coins and xp's when I visit my neighbors to tip them.

RS or BS?

This is all on my Droid for Bakery story.

It's not on RS... at least not the version I have.

Guess I'm a sucker

I was too. Not anymore. I realize now that TL doesn't really care about fairness for their Android customers.

joyirene
08-25-11, 05:42 PM
Yeah android users got the quests. Not that anyone who isn't under level 15 needs (wants) them.

kooky panda
08-25-11, 05:44 PM
The quests/tasks are randomly given to different players. Some android players have them and some Idevice. You may have them on one game , all your games, or no games.

nmishii
08-25-11, 07:04 PM
Android users got the bouncing stars and coins in July and they were removed the following week. We are all happy that change was removed. They still exist for iDevice.

And, this is for Farm Story, not Restaurant Story: iDevice users got constructable silos, tool sheds, and wells in mid-April that Android users haven't gotten yet, and its been over 4 months. But that doesn't bother me. A couple of weeks ago iDevice users got dancing water and a constructable koi pond that Android users didn't get. On that, if I had a choice between dancing waters and the koi pond, or no update at all, I'd pick no update at all. Sorry pinkster73, but as much as I also want the koi pond, the dancing waters would drive me crazy.

filo66
08-25-11, 07:10 PM
Yeah android users got the quests. Not that anyone who isn't under level 15 needs (wants) them.

You use RS Android and got the quests?

I agree that the ones I've seen are fairly low level. I don't know if they get harder or more advanced. Either way, they represent coins and experience that iOS got before Android, if Android has 'em at all.

Same with the new appliances. Same with daily awards, visit awards, extra appliances, etc.

jovenal
08-25-11, 08:29 PM
You use RS Android and got the quests?

... .

you should download the update that was released almost 3 weeks ago and see for yourself.

nmishii
08-25-11, 09:43 PM
See Kooky's response above - the quests are random. I have the latest RS and BS and do not have the quests. From what I've read on the forum, I think I am fine with this. I really don't want to spend 5 gems to instantly cook a dish to complete a quest, or buy things that I already have.

I've been playing for a while. I wish I would have had the things that Android has had all along when I started playing. as they would have helped, but now the benefits aren't as meaningful. I do like the drink machines and ice cream machines.

pinkster73
08-26-11, 07:50 AM
I still want my koi pond :(

filo66
08-26-11, 07:55 AM
you should download the update that was released almost 3 weeks ago and see for yourself.

I have, which is why my Stew gifts vanish when I accept them, why I'm missing drinks from the drink machine and so on...

pinkster73
08-26-11, 08:23 AM
I have, which is why my Stew gifts vanish when I accept them, why I'm missing drinks from the drink machine and so on...

Ha ha too funny. Your statement not the problems.

pinkster73
08-26-11, 08:32 AM
I feel I should clarify something by my "I guess I'm a sucker" post. I was agreeing that I'm obviously a sucker in some peoples eyes because I spend money on gems even though my game is not equal to others' games.

When I'm happily farming away I'm not thinking about or concerned with what other people are doing. I started buying gems to enhance my farm the way I like it, using what was available to me.

Most of the differences between the idevices and Android are not visible when playing. The first real thing was the koi pond. It looks ridiculous to see all those empty green spots on peoples farms.

The problem started for me when my game became obviously and visibly unequal to other players.

filo66
08-26-11, 08:40 AM
The problem started for me when my game became obviously and visibly unequal to other players.

Yup. I went for a while wondering how my neighbors got by with no appliances. Then I wondered, for a bit, how some had 20 or more...

But at least I don't have to wonder at why I pay to be treated like a second class citizen. I don't...

lakim
08-26-11, 09:03 AM
@filo66 im an android user and i hv missions

pinkster73
08-26-11, 09:06 AM
I'm Android and have no missions. And no koi pond waaaaa

nmishii
08-26-11, 09:14 AM
I would read in the forums about the things the iDevice players had and it really didn't bother me. I was happily playing in my own world, and except for 2 parts gifts I got on Farm Story the first day the constructables were released, I wasn't affected. I'm not competing against anyone for the best farm/restaurant/bakery or reaching a certain level before anyone else.

When they released the drink machines and ice cream machines it affected my game play considerably (and still is) and I complained. I didn't like the responses we were given. I've had some really negative posts towards TL since then and I think I would have been able to refrain if it wasn't for the inequality.

As for gem purchases, before the inequality affected me, I had lost so many gems from gem traps and coins/xp/time from buggy releases, that I don't purchase them. I don't get as mad with the losses since I don't lose real money.

lakim
08-26-11, 09:15 AM
i have rs and bs with the missions and i am an android user

BADBOINOVASWIFEY
09-01-11, 08:01 AM
Not true.

I couldn't agree more. Ive been playing this game for almost a year now and have yet to waste a dime on a game from a developer who considers me second-rate just cuz i have an Android. Ha! TL is funny.