PDA

View Full Version : 16 appliances, only 2 counters?

3squares
08-21-11, 02:16 PM
One of my neighbors has 16 appliances but only 2 visible counters.

Can food be "held" on an appliance after cooking it, so that it doesn't spoil, by finishing prep, but not sending it to a counter? (this would not work for an easy appliance.)

I guess it's also possible that he's only cooking 2 different recipes at any given time, but right now, he's got all appliances making Peking Duck, and his counters have other food on them.

Mogwai4111
08-21-11, 02:38 PM
Probably cooking the same recipe on all appliances. Those dishes go on one counter, gifts go on the other.

di1975
08-21-11, 02:45 PM
I have never tried to finish prepping...but not serve. I do know a "forever" appliance or a "mighty" (combo forever and sonic) will keep food good forever.

Could be they add as needed. Or removed all other types of (lower plate value) food to boast earnings. Thinking about that myself. Could be they have thousands of the dish you can see. 43,000 will get you through 24 hours.

Mogwai4111
08-21-11, 02:51 PM
Or maybe they don't like empty counters and will add when food is ready?

And to answer your question, yes, cooked but unprepared food will spoil. I think if you don't do all the prep to begin cooking, your dish will not spoil, though. Just sit there forever waiting to be cooked.

LanokaHarbor
08-21-11, 04:17 PM
What if, after it is cooked, you prep it once, but leave the second prep tap and it just sits there forever with the serving cover hovering over it? For the life of me I can't think of a reason why you'd want to do that, but....?

greygull
08-21-11, 06:33 PM
Ok, I'm not cooking right now, but I only put out a counter when I need a new one. I think I only have 3 out currently, all filled. Once I get back and start cooking again, I will be putting out one more. I prefer all the dishes on one counter in my main game. In my second one, I have 9 counters, frequently empty (Android glitch for selling food).

Even if you do the first prep after the food is ready, but you don't serve it, it will spoil.

moratorro
08-21-11, 11:14 PM
Or maybe they don't like empty counters and will add when food is ready? [...]
Sure this is the answer!
I usually get empty counters from storage only when I need them, for my food, or for gifts I got from neighbors.
Sometimes I have only 3 or 4 counters with food: I hate empty counters scattered around...

sesami
08-22-11, 12:35 PM
I usually close my store and cook until I can fill every counter in the place. Then I will continue cooking random things or if I don't have space, I'll cook whats already available on the counters so they stack. I currently have 7 appliances and 15 counters in my restaurant and 7 appliances and 17 counters in my bakery. I use my counters as decoration a lot though, so I like for there to be a lot of them out and all of them having food on it. Just personal preference, but I can keep the place opened for a while and I like seeing all the different food.

Hawaiianmomma
08-22-11, 01:05 PM
One of my neighbors has 16 appliances but only 2 visible counters.

Can food be "held" on an appliance after cooking it, so that it doesn't spoil, by finishing prep, but not sending it to a counter? (this would not work for an easy appliance.)

I guess it's also possible that he's only cooking 2 different recipes at any given time, but right now, he's got all appliances making Peking Duck, and his counters have other food on them.
Your neighbor will do 1 or 2
1.Dish count is almost empty on 1 counter so the Peking duck will go there
2.will bring out another counter from storage when Peking duck is finished

*any food left on stoves unserved will spoil (I've thrown tons away)

Olderyzer
08-23-11, 07:16 AM
Sure this is the answer!
I usually get empty counters from storage only when I need them, for my food, or for gifts I got from neighbors.
Sometimes I have only 3 or 4 counters with food: I hate empty counters scattered around...

I like having multiple counters of the $8 per serving foods for faster revenue generation.