PDA

View Full Version : Closing shop to restock

sallylee123
08-20-11, 08:56 AM
I've noticed alot of people closing their shop to restock. I'm thinking about doing the same thing but first wanted peoples opinions about it. How long do most people close their shop? Is it worth trying?

shakiba
08-20-11, 09:20 AM
For me its worth it, usually people close their shops at night time to restock for the day time, but i do it the other way. Its worth it if you dont wanna keep restocking at different times. But I did hear that sales can still be made by blocking the doors.

sissy8
08-21-11, 01:39 AM
watch out when you open your shop, all clothes are gone in a minute
my solution, a shop in a shop, i have a area for selling and an area for tipping, so your shop keeps filled and everybody(that s me:rolleyes:) is happy:o

roxabelle
08-21-11, 02:25 AM
I used to block my doors so I could re-stock, but I've heard a few people lose EVERYTHING this way. Now I just block sepcific sections so I can restock certain areas - pretty much what Sissy8 said!

sallylee123
08-21-11, 07:14 PM
Thanks Everyone for responding! I've read on other threads that closing the shop has caused some people to lose the clothing....That really sucks!! I'll likely keep the shop open but close off a section to restock. I'll see how that goes! Thanks again :)

LCAHEARTS
08-21-11, 09:43 PM
Honestly...I've never had the disappearing items issue when blocking my door [see WARNING! thread, we're discussing there :)].

I personally don't like any of the gifts really, other than the sunny handbags. At the end of each day I accept all slacks, pumps, and sweaters and block off my store so that the girls can only buy those 3 items while the rest of the store stocks [if ever, since I'm constantly just adding to things]. Anyways, the pumps especially will last all the way til more if not longer.

Just a thought :)

MFAcct
08-22-11, 06:11 AM
I usually block at night to restock longer-hour items and sometimes during the day for short term items. I am on an iPhone 4 and I haven't had the quick-sale problem, but I would try it a few times with 1/5/15 min items only available for varying lengths of time to see if this happens to you, if you are worried.

queenie662
08-22-11, 08:27 PM
I haven't figured out why people block their shops. I never close mine and I just store my racks and tables when they're empty and my orders aren't ready. 

jkhanso2
08-23-11, 02:10 AM
I haven't figured out why people block their shops. I never close mine and I just store my racks and tables when they're empty and my orders aren't ready. 

The disadvantage to this approach is that you'll have fewer spaces for likes. I have over 100 neighbors, so I need lots of spaces for people to leave likes or else my wall gets filled with "full" comments. Leaving my door open will clear counters and racks, and then I don't have those spaces for likes.

Also, full racks and counters just look nicer.

ccane77
08-24-11, 10:24 AM
I block my cash resgister . My heart only drops to 96. I think keeping a steady flow of people keeps things from selling out too fast. I haven't had a problem with instant sellout since I started doing this.