PDA

View Full Version : love the game, but getting bored

Unregistered
10-04-10, 05:45 AM
dear team lava,

First: I really, really love FS.
But find myself getting bored over and over after a while after every update. You advertise with weekly updates, but that's a long way from reality as I'm sure you know.
Having to plant the same crops over and over and over to progress through the game is getting to me; there's simply not enough variation in crops to keep it interesting when you've played the game a few months (currently level 58). And there's simply not much else to do than planting. Similar games have more options as you're aware of I'm sure.

You say you're listening to feedback, so:
Please more updates on crops or introduce other game feature.

Thanks for your time.

Unregistered
10-04-10, 06:41 AM
I agree, I'm now lvl 62, and to be honest after "redecorating / redesigning" my farm x number of times, and always planting the same stuff, while upgrading to the best "cash" crops, the game simply always plays the same, with no strategy at all. A1s said somewhere else, I'd love to have stuff like a winery to turn grapes I'd harvest into finished products (wine), ? la Harvest Moon, maybe something to automate plowing / planting / harvesting a ittle bit more.

In short, and apart from adding maybe a couple of new crops soon (my bet is on 2 crops, one lvl 70 and one lvl 75), and maybe some flowers / trees, new mechanisms would really be awesome, in the same vein as the introduction of crop masteries. ANy quick insight on what might be upcoming from the devs would be highly appreciated...

Unregistered
10-04-10, 01:48 PM
Yes, very little 'entertainment' after level 35: just a few new crops every 5 levels: a joke!
Come on team lava, you should do better than this!!

Unregistered
10-05-10, 05:39 AM
obviously team lava and Norman are very bored with requests like these; many people have made many suggestions time and time again: nothing much has happened except thrown a few crums to give the impression they're taking it seriously.
I chanllenge the team to prove me wrong !!

Unregistered
10-08-10, 06:30 AM
Team Lava,

I totally agree: when you've reached higher levels there's hardly any reason why you should continue to plant and harvest the same crops to no avail. Even a single, new crop after reaching 5 (!!) more levels isn't very satisfying for long.
As mentioned somewhere else, this game needs more goals!
So, please team lava: farming for products (wine, bread, dairy) or offspring (piglets, calves, lam) or anything else you can think of seems the strongest incentive to keep senior farmers playing. And that's your goal after all, isn't it?

Unregistered
10-10-10, 01:09 PM
YES !!!
Please save us from boredom: level 71 - yawn!

Telynau
10-10-10, 06:39 PM
...or am missing something... =}.

I've been playing since 2 July, level 30 just made today. There is so much leeway for creativity & flights of fantasy and imagination in both FS & CS.

Right now, on my farm, we're having Sheep Herding & Berry Growing Competitions. Babe the Pig is trying to align all of the sheep and take them to the county fair. The Gnomes are trying to master all of the berries (they've made raspberries so far... And plenty of preserves to go to the fair, too.)

On 12 Oct, I plan on replanting with pansies in remembrance of my mother & father in-law, so they bloom on 13 October, US Navy Day & Mom's birthday. (In CS, I'm working on a tribute to Suncoast Hospice).

All very imaginative, I know. These games won't become boring for me. I truly enjoy the "blank slate" of creativity.

Move along, move along, now. Just an old lady musing =}.

Unregistered
10-11-10, 09:26 AM
Wish I could still be back at level 30 and enjoy the game as much as the former guest on this thread. I do remember being really taken in ..... Things changed after level 35, hitting lower after 45 and now at level 60.... regularly bored with the lack of goal and repetive planting. I second the writer of the first message !!

Unregistered
10-11-10, 09:34 PM
...or am missing something... =}.

I've been playing since 2 July, level 30 just made today. There is so much leeway for creativity & flights of fantasy and imagination in both FS & CS.

Right now, on my farm, we're having Sheep Herding & Berry Growing Competitions. Babe the Pig is trying to align all of the sheep and take them to the county fair. The Gnomes are trying to master all of the berries (they've made raspberries so far... And plenty of preserves to go to the fair, too.)

On 12 Oct, I plan on replanting with pansies in remembrance of my mother & father in-law, so they bloom on 13 October, US Navy Day & Mom's birthday. (In CS, I'm working on a tribute to Suncoast Hospice).

All very imaginative, I know. These games won't become boring for me. I truly enjoy the "blank slate" of creativity.

Move along, move along, now. Just an old lady musing =}.

Wow...you must have a lot of lonely time on your hands.

Unregistered
10-12-10, 07:40 AM
I play both (FS&CS) since release and would really like to continue but there is no fun when you reach higher levels :((
weekly updates would be great even if that means just 1 new item per week.. or 2 (1 for CC and 1 for gold).. it doesn't always have to be something big and fancy.. lake, river or just an option to choose colors for items that are already in store (houses, garage, barn, chair etc.) is simple enough to bring something new while you are working on something bigger ;)

ID: allek

Unregistered
10-13-10, 04:37 AM
Indeed no fun at higher levels !!
This game is in dire need of regular updates.
When is the 'weekly' update due?
Does anyone know ???

Unregistered
10-13-10, 09:11 PM
I'm at level 58 and it's become so repetitive! I'm always planting the same crops (which ones fit into my schedule) and it gets old. The new mystery chest is a ridiculous way of updating the game. I'd like to get the garden table but refuse to gamble for it.

Unregistered
10-14-10, 08:36 AM
Yes, yes!
Very boring, no goals, no variation at higher levels!
This chest and todays halloween chest are simply a way to get your money!
Their aim is probably to get people who don't want to pay and gamble out of this game.
I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a serious update, but this is getting rediculous!
Very disappointed in this attitude.
I'm over and done with this and quiting the game!

Sapper21A
10-14-10, 08:32 PM
Okay, a couple of months i said i would quit....well now level 75 for a month now and getting to the point of really quitting this time.
Yeah, some things have changed: Crops (Fruits, Veggies and Grains), can now earn you different points for different lvls (4). Can expand to 24x24.
BUT 10 MILLION XP.....right 10,000,000 xp to get from lvl 75 to 76. Again 10 MILLION XP (10,000,000).
REALLY?
A couple of points..700 neighbors (24x24= 576). Now 700 nbrs divide by 10 able to water = 70 neighbors that can water me a day.
Lets take that further: 20....20 that can send me a gift a day.Yet 700 that i can send a gift to a day..REALLY? Oh wait recently I have been sending in AM and PM same amount, not sure what that is all about: either people that rejected my Dog Bowl or those that have already maxed 20 or those that i am wasting my time sending to because they are not using the same game (it was happening if they had the Summer edition), they could not receive gifts if they did not play the original game..STUPID.
So, how about if instead of someone automatically getting a Face/Icon, they choose!
Also how about on the screen to Give Back that we see what their water activity lvl they have, like the Neighbor screen.
I do not know when you have your updates, but last night I had crops that were ready to be picked, but because you were having your updates pushed i kept getting a message that i was out of sync. Because of that ****, my crops withered. Great, Thanks!!
Lastly like i stated, plant enough of one crop and you lvl up on that crop. BUT once you reach lvl 4 of that crop you get a Garden Gnome....AGAIN...REALLY? A Garden Gnome? One that you can buy for, Well $15 gems.
IDEA: How about you receive a Golden.. Carrot or Strawberry or something than the same thing that you can BUY?
Just saying....REALLY?
Yeah i sound bitter and pissed, yet play the game. But i play because i hope that something will change.
Like water protects your dam crops like in real life. Like you let us know and shutdown before you update and don't penalties us for it. Like give me something worth planting over and over for so it stands out. I almost have all my Fruits and Veggies at lvl 4, but all i have is Gnomes to show for, but how does anyone know i really spent that time to get these. Yeah...show off...nothing wrong.
Lastly...shout out to those 700 (okay, maybe less, BUT...), none the less THANK YOU. YOU ROCK!!!
Yes you will Always get the Dog Bowl, but will get to you and send you and water you.

TeamLava: before you push your next game: Golden Carrot!

Sapper21A
10-14-10, 08:53 PM
One last thought:
How many Gnomes do i have? 18..I think i sold one. Anyway
Why a big discrepancy between 8 hours and 12 hours? Why not 10 hours. Think about it: the majority of people work 8 hrs. However generally everyone drives one hour one way, hence 10 hours.
Please make something 10 hours.
So now the times are:
1 Min
5 Min
30 Min
1 hrs
3 hrs
4 hrs
6 hrs
8 hrs
12 hrs
16 hrs