PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about cooking the 2 day foods?

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 05:57 PM
Just got the update and saw that Peking Duck takes 2 days! It took me sooooooooooo long to doing apple pies and stew and chicken because it ties up my appliances too long. Am I the only one who dreads making food that takes 2 day? :(

Mogwai4111
08-19-11, 06:07 PM
you don't have to cook them. stick to the shorter stuff

badger8
08-19-11, 06:13 PM
I actually like having both. I cook the longer items during the week when I'm really busy, and the shorter ones on the weekends when I have more free time.

cakeandpie
08-19-11, 06:27 PM
Both: I like having one, so that if I have to be away from the game for a few days I can still make something. But I don't like too many because it ties up the appliances for so long. I wish peking duck would have been 6 hours which we STILL don't have.

redbites
08-19-11, 06:32 PM
I hate 2 day recipes!! They take too long to master

cityerror
08-19-11, 06:37 PM
Well it's common sense cause in RL, peking duck isn't a quick dish. So is apple pie, stew, and chicken. Why else do you think fruit salad takes so quick to make? Cause salads are always so easy to prepare!

joyirene
08-19-11, 06:41 PM
I'll be happy to cook them when everything else is mastered... Until then I'll just ignore them lol. And it's funny because on puccas restaurant Peking duck takes 2 hours, but restaurant story in my opinion is way better and I like the way they're realistic. I honestly wish everyone would stop begging for recipes then complaining when they come out. Who cares if it's an hour or two days?! Give it a rest lol

nmishii
08-19-11, 07:38 PM
When I was at the lower levels, I did not like the 2 day recipes since my focus was on gaining XP to level up and on $ to expand and buy items. They were the last items I mastered and I was mastering them when the weekly updates started.

Now I have too much food on my counters and don't make food 24/7 like I used to. There are times when my appliances are empty for days. The 1 and 2 day recipes are great for the workweek and when I know I'll be too busy to check on my restaurant and bakery that often. They're also great for when the servers go down, since they're less likely to be spoiled when the servers come back up.

flavoredjane
08-19-11, 07:42 PM
Well it's common sense cause in RL, peking duck isn't a quick dish. So is apple pie, stew, and chicken. Why else do you think fruit salad takes so quick to make? Cause salads are always so easy to prepare!

Ha! Let's start talking about the sensible nature of the time frames! In real life do you spend more time cooking a chicken than you would a turkey?

gitten
08-19-11, 07:47 PM
Well, until the gnome thing came up, I, the unintelligent player, didn't know there was such a thing as mastery!!. Guess how surprised I was to get a gnome and gem and then a river and gem. I kept reading the gripes, but I just played merrily along. Now, I am thinking more about mastery. But, my husband and I travel some and it is really nice to have the 6,8,12,16, 1 and 2 day items to plan around traveling. But, unfortunately, not all games I play have all times, so it makes it really hard to keep places full and gift,visit neighbors. The longer times are also hard to use when you don't have tons of items because then counters etc. end up empty. I really do wish there were all the short and long times for all the games. Oh, well, bet it happens at some point!!!

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 07:57 PM
Im not really complaining, just whining a bit. It's not the end of the world or anything and there have been times when the two day stuff was fine when I was busy. I usually cook stuff around how busy I am. If I have free tim 1 to 4 hour stuff is great. I like 16 hour stuff the best (wish there was more) and 1 day stuff is great. But 2 day stuff is hard for me to plan out because I don't know what I'm going to be doing in 2 days. I have tons food on my counters so I can spare the time.... I guess I don't really have a good reason why I hate it. I just don't like doing it because it takes a long time to master and I dread it.

putka
08-19-11, 08:03 PM
Who cares if it's an hour or two days?!

Obviously, a lot of people do. Why are there so many trolls around here [edit] at everyone that has a topic to discuss that is not about kissing TL's behind? It's a FORUM. Forums are so people can DISCUSS things. If you don't like the topic being discussed, don't read. Stop telling everyone that does not agree with you, or talks about something that YOU personally don't care about, to shut up. Asking "Who cares", after a bunch of people have already told you that they care is a bit redundant, no?

I HATE 2-day, even 1-day items. It's a game and i want to play. I want to play now. Not tomorrow, not in two days.

joyirene
08-19-11, 08:20 PM
I should've worded that better because obviously I care if I'm posting to the thread at all. All I'm saying is it seems like all people are doing is complaining about this update and I actually don't think 2 new recipes are that bad... I should've worded it better and I hope I didn't sound rude because I wasn't trying to be at all, which isn't always everyones intention.

flavoredjane
08-19-11, 08:25 PM
Well said putka.

redbites
08-19-11, 08:26 PM
2 recipes=4 free gems!! I don't know why anyone would complain if it's new recipes

joyirene
08-19-11, 08:31 PM
2 recipes=4 free gems!! I don't know why anyone would complain if it's new recipes I agree, and I wish I wouldn't be attacked personally for expressing my opinion. Even if I shouldn't have said "who cares" I wasn't directing it at anyone in specific. Many thanks in advance.

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 08:33 PM
To be fair, what I love about this game is that its extremely customizable. From the decor to the food to how long you want to play at a time. TL could have made everything take 2 days to cook but they didn't. I prefer 4,12,16,and 24 hr foods but that's just me. I like the 1hr 2hr and 2 day foods as well. 2 is just my least favorite to make because its hard to fit into my daily routine or whatever.

I was just curious what everyone else thought about 2 day food. I am NOT saying that I never want to see another 2 day dish. Im just saying that they are my least favorite to deal with. :)

joyirene
08-19-11, 08:38 PM
This forum isn't really what I was referring to when I said I wish people wouldn't complain... That was more of a post on the update thread where almost everyone talked about how much they HATE the new 1 hour grill recipe (which I love). Everything you said is well put and I agree 2 days are my least favorite but I'll be happy for them once o run out of all my other recipes to master.

jaid666
08-19-11, 08:44 PM
Sadly I have to admit, I do appreciate having recipes that requires several days to cook. My schedule can get kinda hectic but I'll usually know in advance so I can pick out what to cook ahead of time. :)

putka
08-19-11, 08:50 PM
I wasn't attacking you personally. In every thread, there's at least one person that comes in and tells everyone how what they dislike or what they have a problem with or what they are discussing is invalid/shouldn't be discussed/they should rant elsewhere/who cares that someone has a problem/who cares that someone doesn't like something.... etc, etc, etc.
Saying "who cares? give it a rest" in my English means "shut up". Also, in my English a forum is a place where a certain interest/hobby/area of life is discussed. Since no one ever specified that we can only praise TL here,in the TL Games Forum, i just don't understand why so often people are being told to shut up about whatever it is they want to talk about. As long as it has to do with the games and as long as there is more than one person that wants to keep talking about it, i don't think that anyone should be told to shut up or give it a rest.

joyirene
08-19-11, 09:05 PM
That's why I said give it a rest lol - I didn't mean it in a nasty way - and I you read my above post I was referring more to a different thread it was just what was on my mind at the time after posting on a few other threads about the new 1 hour recipe - I wasn't telling anyone to shut up.

greygull
08-19-11, 09:07 PM
Ok, let's bring this back around to pros and cons of the 2 day recipes please.

joyirene
08-19-11, 09:07 PM
And I certainly wasn't speaking to anyone SPECIFIC on this thread or any other thread. I was just talking in a general sense and it was meant to be taken a lot lighter - I complain about things too but it seems on certain subjects there are NO praises at all, and sometimes I can't userstand that.

joyirene
08-19-11, 09:09 PM
Ok, let's bring this back around to pros and cons of the 2 day recipes please.

Agreed. I'm all for the 2 day recipes even though I voted no on the poll.

Hawaiianmomma
08-19-11, 09:10 PM
I wasn't attacking you personally. In every thread, there's at least one person that comes in and tells everyone how what they dislike or what they have a problem with or what they are discussing is invalid/shouldn't be discussed/they should rant elsewhere/who cares that someone has a problem/who cares that someone doesn't like something.... etc, etc, etc.
Saying "who cares? give it a rest" in my English means "shut up". Also, in my English a forum is a place where a certain interest/hobby/area of life is discussed. Since no one ever specified that we can only praise TL here,in the TL Games Forum, i just don't understand why so often people are being told to shut up about whatever it is they want to talk about. As long as it has to do with the games and as long as there is more than one person that wants to keep talking about it, i don't think that anyone should be told to shut up or give it a rest.

Very Good Putka......No Offense JoyIrene I Understand You Too.

putka
08-19-11, 09:12 PM
Cons - they take forever and since appliances are not unlimited, that is not good if you are a daily/few times a day player. If you are someone that only checks in once every couple of days/once a day, then it can be ok.
-it will take forever to get their gems
-there are way too many 1day/2day recipes already.

Pros - if you only want to play for 2 minutes, every other day, the 2day recipes are for you. Not really a pro in my book.

Hawaiianmomma
08-19-11, 09:49 PM
I Have Yet To Complete Any Of My 2 Day Recipes.....And I'm At Level 96. I Cook Only What Fits The Current Designs Of My Place At The Time. 2 Day Recipes Are A Downside For Some And A Upside For Others....I Think That If A Thread Is Posted On Certain Subjects Or Issues That The Poster Has, The Only Real Decision/Objection Should Come From An Employee Of The Company After Enough Time Is Given For All Who Have A Like Interest In The Same Subject To Post Their Opionion. Basically If The Problem Doesn't Affect You Then Move On To The Next Thread That Fits Your Needs. People Feel What They Feel About The Products From TEAMLAVA, The Good, The Bad,The Glitchy.....Expression Is Free.
When I Get One Of Those Opionion/Suggestion Cards From Macy's or Nordstrom's Another Another Customer Isn't Allowed To Insult Me Or Scratch Out My Views....And Just Because This Is An Open Web Format Its Basically The Same Thing A Suggestion/Feedback/Opionion Card.

Hawaiian

Dylanie
08-20-11, 07:16 AM
Personally, I am thankful for the 2 day items. I went on vacation for a week, and I put on all the 2 day items. Then I didn't have to close shop and could just check every few days instead of spending my Hawaii vacation playing on RS. :p

badger8
08-20-11, 09:49 AM
I think this is one of those cases where you won't make everyone happy all the time. Those of us with families, kids, work, etc happen to like the longer recipes because although we love the game, we just don't have the time to sit and play all day. Those of us that have more free time and less responsibilities appreciate the shorter recipes because we can play for extended periods of time. TL just put out a 1 hour dish and a 2 day dish... And people are complaining about BOTH!
I think TL is doing what they can to put out different recipe times and satisfy all, but obviously it's not easy.

topothemuffintoya
08-20-11, 07:00 PM
When I was new to BS, I thought 2 day items were ridiculous but now that I have leveled up and usually have over 60,000 of each item on my counter, I like 2 day recipes because they give me a little time to sell off what I have served. I just started as a newbie in RS and I'm using the 30 minute recipes just to keep food in the table. But soon enough, I will be where I am with BS and will be grateful there isnthat option. Thanks TL for making both available!

JennyWuzHere
08-20-11, 07:47 PM
When I was new to BS, I thought 2 day items were ridiculous but now that I have leveled up and usually have over 60,000 of each item on my counter, I like 2 day recipes because they give me a little time to sell off what I have served. I just started as a newbie in RS and I'm using the 30 minute recipes just to keep food in the table. But soon enough, I will be where I am with BS and will be grateful there isnthat option. Thanks TL for making both available!

The only reason I make 2 day food is only because it has a high quantity, or I won't have time to check my resturant

flowless
08-20-11, 08:11 PM
well when i think having different times is great
some months u r playing every day ( every hour )
but there are some times where u r sick or on vocation where u cant come to ur RS every day

i mean who has time now would hate the 2 day food
but when u dont u would be glad for it
i some times wished for a 1 week food while i was on vocation

ariesblu
08-20-11, 10:44 PM
I don't know why some people see the desire to have variety = complaining. Personally, I do 2 day foods every so often, but seem to concentrate on the others.

queenrocks77
08-23-11, 08:10 AM
I don't think anyone was complaining. Just discussing

talyon
08-23-11, 09:06 AM
2 day recipes are great, i work shifts, so there needed to meet my life style.

dewey1025
08-23-11, 06:38 PM
Cook the 2 day items when you have a higher number of appliances. With 18 appliances, you only need to cook about 4.8 batches to be done with it. If you don't even want to do that but insist on mastering the 2-day items, there's always the option of cooking the 2-day items then immediately canceling them, repeated until you master the food. This would mean you're paying the cost of a 2-day dish for 3 mastery points (as opposed to 7 for completing and serving the dish) and 8 XP each time you do a dish, as well as the bonuses you get for whatever mastery levels you reach. Maybe you could consider this when you are at a high level and have lots of coins.

In either case, don't worry about them for now until later. Just cook it when you're sick or such.

Halibel
08-23-11, 08:18 PM
The title of the thread "Does anyone else hate making 2 day food" implies a negativity towards 2 day foods. A better question would be something like, "What is your opinion on 2 day foods?"

Olderyzer
08-24-11, 08:59 AM
I like two day foods and even wish there were a couple of 3 & 4 day foods....I have everything mastered and have a busy life. The extended recipes really work well for me.

I DO wish that their were more $8 per serving recipes. Especially on the 1-2 day recipes. Maybe some $6-$10 per serving recipes. Everything over the last few months have been $4 per plate recipes.

redbites
08-24-11, 09:22 AM
What I would like to see would be a 1 week recipe for when I go on a holiday

quentinsmommy
08-24-11, 09:27 AM
I usually have one or two cooking every time. It's a long wait, but it does make me more money. I have a three year old son who keeps me busy, so I can just let them sit and cook for a while and close my restaraunt while I wait.

d1fferen7
12-13-15, 07:26 AM
Never cooked a 2-day-long recipe. I always stick to my Stuffed Mushrooms and Country Fried Steak. I have 9 million and 230 thousand plates of Stuffed Mushrooms. Pretty enough for an year without cooking anything else, but I want to make it up to 12 million.

Rynetory2
12-13-15, 07:38 AM
This thread is over 4 years. Pls DO NOT bump up old threads as members may think it's a new poll.

Closing this thread to avoid confusion.