PDA

View Full Version : The Great Update Date: August 19!

bawpotter
08-18-11, 11:37 PM
Well, it's almost here! The Great RS Update Date! We have a TON to look foward to already, with all of these amazing teasers from GM, but I am hoping for even more!

1. We get Pecking Duck, Kebabs, and hopefully 1 more new recipe.
2. We get the gong which is hopefully for coins.
3. We get an awesome gem prize! (Which may be the gong, we don't know yet.)

Here are the teasers from the community about new recipes:

Bento Box
Miso Soup
Beef Lo Mein
Sweet Tea

Let's all get ready for the Great Update Date!

redbites
08-19-11, 08:20 AM
I'm so excited to starting cooking duck!!!

bawpotter
08-19-11, 11:11 AM
Why has nobody replied to this besides Redbites...?

sissy8
08-19-11, 11:11 AM
teriyaky skewers 1 hour grill and peking duck 2 days oven:rolleyes::rolleyes:

greygull
08-19-11, 11:16 AM
Gong - free gift with purchase - starting at $9.99

Didn't see any new decor

casadolce
08-19-11, 11:19 AM
Boo!!!! Another 1 hour grill item??? Epic failure!!! Three thumbs down!!!

bawpotter
08-19-11, 11:21 AM
This is so sad. Another 1 hour grill item. I guess TL had it planned to have short grill items!

bawpotter
08-19-11, 11:24 AM
Peking Duck is awesome, way better than Roast Chicken. I was saying on Tuesday, I really hope they come out with another 2 day oven item, and they did!

peasinapod8
08-19-11, 12:11 PM
Can you post the stats for the Peking Duck?

twompy
08-19-11, 12:35 PM
Boo!!!! Another 1 hour grill item??? Epic failure!!! Three thumbs down!!!

maybe not 3 thumbs down.. but really.. why another ONE HOUR GRILL ITEM?!?!?! im baffled as to why TL wont make them diffent time.. heck even 2 hours is better than 5 one hour items.. *SIGH*

mcgee22
08-19-11, 01:12 PM
I think they are all laughing at us now.

mcgee22
08-19-11, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=greygull;113824]Gong - free gift with purchase - starting at $9.99

Not for everybody. In my case the free gift starts @ $20.00 SO UNFAIR!!!!! Why do they do different prices for different people? My mom gets the 9.99 & I get the $20. Also she got the fashion offer a while back & I never got it...... Why?????? (nope I'm not bitter about it *sarcasm*)

Olderyzer
08-19-11, 01:17 PM
I'm Bummed because the Peking Duck only pays $4 perserving as opposed to the other two 48-hour items that pay $8 per plate. I'll be sticking with the Roast Chicken. It's been a looonngg while since we have had a recipe that pays over $4 per plate.

Expansion seems to be more expensive than the other story games and a large amount of the better decorating items require gems. In fact, some of my standard items changed to gems (or whatever) a while back and I couldn't continue my wal motif as I expanded...It seems to take forever to generate regular money to buy a few quality items. I guess I'm just growing weary after working through 96 levels.

joyirene
08-19-11, 01:23 PM
Personally I love 1 hour items... The 2 day I can do without since I still need to master all by 1 days but no complaints here!

casadolce
08-19-11, 01:33 PM
maybe not 3 thumbs down..

My two thumbs, plus one of my dog's.

Halibel
08-19-11, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=greygull;113824]Gong - free gift with purchase - starting at $9.99
Not for everybody. In my case the free gift starts @ $20.00 SO UNFAIR!!!!! Why do they do different prices for different people? My mom gets the 9.99 & I get the $20. Also she got the fashion offer a while back & I never got it...... Why?????? (nope I'm not bitter about it *sarcasm*)

Its obvious what problem your experiencing there is, obviously your mom is worth more then you. This is secretly propaganda!

puddinggow
08-19-11, 05:30 PM
I received the gong offer but not the Peking duck or skewers update yet. I usually receive it at the same time as the gem offer and received the update for Bakery Story today with gem offer. I am using IPad 2 and have turned it off & on several times but without luck - there is no update in the cook book I am at level 45. Is it possible I will get it later this week?

badger8
08-19-11, 05:33 PM
Hey pudding-
Just to be redundant make sure you have a grill and an oven out. That's where the 2 new menu item go.

puddinggow
08-19-11, 05:38 PM
Hi Badger, yes I deliberately didn't cook anything on the oven or grill and rebooted the iPad several times to get the welcome page and gem offer again but without any luck. Also checked thru all categories separately too as someone on another post said sometimes food appears in, say lunch, but not all - nothing either.

badger8
08-19-11, 05:42 PM
I figured. Just wanted to cover all bases.

badger8
08-19-11, 05:43 PM
Yes, if you don't get it Friday, you will get the update on Tuesday.

puddinggow
08-19-11, 05:48 PM
Ok thanks guess this time I'll have to wait a bit longer.

talyon
08-19-11, 06:12 PM
Last week I had to wait, this week not. Woohoo! Lol

cakeandpie
08-19-11, 06:30 PM
I think they are all laughing at us now.

Yeah, I think they keep making nothing but 1 hour recipes for the grill because they think it's funny to see us gnash our teeth over it on the forums. :-/

I'm really glad I won a contest and spent the gems that I won on a forever grill. Now it doesn't matter if they're all 1 hour; I can cook them whenever I want. Perhaps they're trying to annoy us so much that we all spend money in order to get forever grills.

joyirene
08-19-11, 06:34 PM
Maybe they're trying to be a little realistic and most things don't take over an hour on a real grill... I mean are you really going to light it up and stand there grilling chicken or a burger for 6-12 hours? It's nice that the recipes are being spread throughout the appliances I honestly don't see why everyone is complaining. It can be mastered quicker therefore quicker free gems. Better than a 2 day recipe to me!

putka
08-19-11, 07:46 PM
Uggg, another 2-day item? I don't want to put something on the stove and have nothing to do for the next 2 days. Yay for 1-hour items, even though 2-hour are my favs. There are way too many 2-day recipes in this game. Even the 1-day is too long for a game.

joyirene
08-19-11, 07:51 PM
I agree the 1 and 2 day recipes are long... But you'll be happy for them once everything else is mastered. And not everyone can get on once a day so they're great for players who dont want to check up every day

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 08:05 PM
I don't mind 1 day but 2 day foods :( . I want more 16hr items and 12hr items. Those are my facebook! :D

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 08:06 PM
I meant to say favs. Not facebook (stupid auto-correct)

joyirene
08-19-11, 08:22 PM
Lolll the 12 and 16 hour recipes are a couple of my facebooks too 

queenrocks77
08-19-11, 08:37 PM
Lolll the 12 and 16 hour recipes are a couple of my facebooks too 

I'm glad I'm not alone ;)

putka
08-19-11, 09:20 PM
I wish there were 10-hr items. Enough to go to sleep, wake up, wash up, have coffee and get on the game.

Btw, i though the Great Update Date was August 12th? Or is every update THE Great Update?

joyirene
08-19-11, 09:22 PM
He makes a new stick for every Friday, every update is a great update 

joyirene
08-19-11, 09:23 PM
And 10 hour items would be awesome, or more 8 hour because even they won't expire after all that. I'm not sure if there are 8 hour or if I imagined that though.

putka
08-20-11, 01:34 AM
I like the 8 hr ones and want more of them, but 10 would be even better. I know an 8hr item won't spoil for 8 more hrs after that, but it feels like wasted time if i leave something ready on the stove for too long. And 12 is a bit too much if you just want overnight. I want something i can put on before bed and will be ready after i wake up and do my morning rituals :D I find it odd that none of the games have a 10hr item.

I know, i was joking about "the great update" :D When you put "the" in front of something, it usually means "the one and only", i thought. When i first saw a thread with that name, i thought it would be an update that would be much greater than all others. Something that would really change the game or add new features, or 10 times more content than usual. If it's just one of all the "great" updates, then it's more like "a great update", not "the great update", no :) ? And no, every update is not great, lol! The lily and two water tiles? Lame. All the silly looking buildings in CS lately? Lame. All updates that only include gem items (like the "oriental" one)? Lame.

3squares
08-20-11, 07:01 AM
Is the update only about food? I've been experiencing some gift loss lately...accepted a gift of stew e.g., it shows up as one plate. I use the gift, still 1 plate. Go tip a neighbor, come back, gift is gone. Go back to "news", gift of cupcakes that was waiting for me, recently sent to me, now gone. Exit program, come back, gifts still gone. :(

bawpotter
08-20-11, 07:31 AM
He makes a new stick for every Friday, every update is a great update 

Correct, every Friday is the Great Update Date. If something big is going on, I try to incorporate that.

kimmi227
08-20-11, 07:37 AM
I say three thumbs down too!! Need more selections than all those 1 hour items!! :)

bawpotter
08-20-11, 07:43 AM
Truthfully, I would rather 8 hour recipes more than anything. Especially on BS, there is only ONE for the oven.

3squares
08-20-11, 07:44 AM
Maybe they're trying to be a little realistic and most things don't take over an hour on a real grill... I mean are you really going to light it up and stand there grilling chicken or a burger for 6-12 hours? It's nice that the recipes are being spread throughout the appliances I honestly don't see why everyone is complaining. It can be mastered quicker therefore quicker free gems. Better than a 2 day recipe to me!

Yep, using an h2o smoker (a type of grill) takes hours to cook stuff - whole chicken takes like 8 hours or more, racks of ribs...

bawpotter
08-20-11, 08:03 AM
Never heard of it

badger8
08-20-11, 09:33 AM
Yep, using an h2o smoker (a type of grill) takes hours to cook stuff - whole chicken takes like 8 hours or more, racks of ribs...

YES!!! Smoked ribs for 8 hours!
Great idea!!

twompy
08-20-11, 11:34 AM

so you would say that it takes 5 hours to make Root Beer Floats in real life O_o

badger8
08-20-11, 12:23 PM
Well, twompy, I guess if you're churning your own ice cream...
just kidding 

bawpotter
08-20-11, 12:59 PM
No, Ice Cream is really easy to make. It only takes about 45 minutes.

di1975
08-20-11, 03:16 PM
I too have gotten gong offer but no receipes yet. Maybe they are separate updates.

joyirene
08-20-11, 05:49 PM
so you would say that it takes 5 hours to make Root Beer Floats in real life O_o

I think the drinks aren't really accurate lol, it definitely doesn't take 2 or 4 hours to pour a soda...

bawpotter
08-21-11, 07:13 AM
No, If I were at a restaurant and it took 10 minutes to pur a soda, I would get upset, let alone 2-4 hours!!!

cakeandpie
08-21-11, 03:50 PM
Truthfully, I would rather 8 hour recipes more than anything. Especially on BS, there is only ONE for the oven.

I agree totally! I love 8 hour items--perfect for overnight. Even the people who love 1-hr items (not me) have to sleep sometime!! It makes no sense whatsoever that there are no 8 hour items on the grill. I really wish they would make another 8 hour recipe for the oven in BS too.

joyirene
08-21-11, 08:07 PM

Yes but the appliance on restaurant story isn't an h2o smoker, it's a regular grill. So I still think they're trying to stay close to some realistic times. Oven and stove seem pretty close on most things too. Drink machine, not so much.