PDA

View Full Version : Totally left behind :(

pinkster73
08-17-11, 10:22 PM
I have been campaigning for MONTHS for any sort of water feature for farm story. When it finally comes its not available for us Android users. It's not even visible to Android users. I feel like I have been left to play some old left behind version of the game. It looks ridiculous to see all the bare green 9 X 9 spaces on everyone's farms.

It would at least be not so much of an insult if we could get a time frame for when we might become equal to the other players but all teamlava has said they don't know.

They don't seem to have a problem accepting my money for the hundreds of gems I have purchased then treating me like a second class citizen.

And please don't tell me "but restaurant and bakery etc got the constructables". Farm is the only game I play.

Like I said, I wouldn't be so upset about it if I could at least have an idea of when my game will become equal to everyone's.

myweedpatch
08-17-11, 10:44 PM
Though I am on iPhone, I do agree with you pinkster.

To be fair to all end users (who spend their hard earned cash the same no matter what device they are on) and to not make anyone feel left out, TL should only issue something like the animation and the pond for ALL devices simultaneously or at the very least officially post immediately when certain devices will be able to get it.

pinkster73
08-17-11, 10:51 PM
Though I am on iPhone, I do agree with you pinkster.

To be fair to all end users (who spend their hard earned cash the same no matter what device they are on) and to not make anyone feel left out, TL should only issue something like the animation and the pond for ALL devices simultaneously or at the very least officially post immediately when certain devices will be able to get it.

Thanks myweedpatch. I guess I left the part out of my post that said I'm turning green with envy and I'm so jealous every time one of my kids says something like "check it out Mom the fish actually move!" Ha ha

pinkster73
08-17-11, 10:52 PM
I should have mentioned they have idevices. (And koi ponds :()

LanokaHarbor
08-17-11, 11:22 PM
I really do feel for android users. I agree that all platforms should have the same game experience. Why release for some, and not for others? Just wait, then, until whatever they are newly integrating is available to all, so android users don't feel so left out.

DRL23411
08-18-11, 01:36 PM
But this their lever to get you to buy an ipod/ipad/iphone. They will make more cash that way than making the game fit the Android. Just for the record, I am on a droid also. I really like this game and I thought I would never consider an ipad but the limitations of the game have me thinking..........maybe yes. Would be easier to play with larger screen too.

DVD5500
08-18-11, 01:43 PM
I agree. I am waiting. My girlfriend has an iPod and I have an Android. I feel your frustration. Makes me just want to uninstall the game.

cast1532
08-18-11, 01:44 PM
I had the iPad before I was introduce to the games. It's true it does look better on a bigger screen. Easier to move and place things.

driftboutique
08-18-11, 01:48 PM
But this their lever to get you to buy an ipod/ipad/iphone. They will make more cash that way than making the game fit the Android. Just for the record, I am on a droid also. I really like this game and I thought I would never consider an ipad but the limitations of the game have me thinking..........maybe yes. Would be easier to play with larger screen too.

No one is going to buy an iPad to get a koi pond, and even if they did, how on earth does that make TeamLava money?

nmishii
08-18-11, 03:05 PM
I have been campaigning for MONTHS for any sort of water feature for farm story. When it finally comes its not available for us Android users. It's not even visible to Android users. I feel like I have been left to play some old left behind version of the game. It looks ridiculous to see all the bare green 9 X 9 spaces on everyone's farms.

It would at least be not so much of an insult if we could get a time frame for when we might become equal to the other players but all teamlava has said they don't know.

They don't seem to have a problem accepting my money for the hundreds of gems I have purchased then treating me like a second class citizen.

And please don't tell me "but restaurant and bakery etc got the constructables". Farm is the only game I play.

Like I said, I wouldn't be so upset about it if I could at least have an idea of when my game will become equal to everyone's.

I am on Android and play Farm Story (I'm your neighbor), Restaurant Story, and Bakery Story.

There were a lot of threads on the constructables when the RS drink machine and BS ice cream machines were released on iDevice but not Android. When asked if updates will be released to iDevice and Android at the same time in the future, the TL response was, "I can't guarantee Android users will always get updates at the same time as iOS users; nor can I guarantee vice versa." http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14204-Doesn-t-anyone-care-about-the-Android-players-contructable-ice-cream-drink-machines&p=88391#post88391

So Android being behind the iDevice users will probably always happen, at least in the near future. TL cares as much as they do about losing gifts/tips/water/new feeds/walls when their servers crash, and as much as they care when people lose gems in their gem traps.

As far as a time frame for constructables, here's some history:

Constructables on Farm Story for iDevice, mid-April; not available on Android yet.
Easy appliances on RS and BS for iDevice, beginning of June; available on Android July 29/Aug5
Ice Cream machine on BS for iDevice, end of June; available on Andoid July 29
Drink machine on RS for iDevice, end of June; available on Android Aug 5

Koi Pond on Farm Story for iDevice, Aug 16; available on Android ???

Hopefully they got better at porting from iDevice to Android, so I'd estimate in about 3-4 weeks.

pinkster73
08-18-11, 04:06 PM
I am on Android and play Farm Story (I'm your neighbor), Restaurant Story, and Bakery Story.

There were a lot of threads on the constructables when the RS drink machine and BS ice cream machines were released on iDevice but not Android. When asked if updates will be released to iDevice and Android at the same time in the future, the TL response was, "I can't guarantee Android users will always get updates at the same time as iOS users; nor can I guarantee vice versa." http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?14204-Doesn-t-anyone-care-about-the-Android-players-contructable-ice-cream-drink-machines&p=88391#post88391

So Android being behind the iDevice users will probably always happen, at least in the near future. TL cares as much as they do about losing gifts/tips/water/new feeds/walls when their servers crash, and as much as they care when people lose gems in their gem traps.

As far as a time frame for constructables, here's some history:

Constructables on Farm Story for iDevice, mid-April; not available on Android yet.
Easy appliances on RS and BS for iDevice, beginning of June; available on Android July 29/Aug5
Ice Cream machine on BS for iDevice, end of June; available on Andoid July 29
Drink machine on RS for iDevice, end of June; available on Android Aug 5

Koi Pond on Farm Story for iDevice, Aug 16; available on Android ???

Hopefully they got better at porting from iDevice to Android, so I'd estimate in about 3-4 weeks.

I hope you're right. I really need a koi pond :(. Ps hi neighbor!

swiep07
08-18-11, 04:26 PM
I was checking out how to make a poll but I can't find it..
Maybe someone wants to make a poll for Android and iDevice
When they see there are probably more Android users we won't be left out anymore :)

kooky panda
08-18-11, 04:29 PM
I was checking out how to make a poll but I can't find it..

Maybe someone wants to make a poll for Android and iDevice
When they see there are probably more Android users we won't be left out anymore :)

just start a new thread and at the bottom is an option to add a poll.

swiep07
08-18-11, 04:52 PM
just start a new thread and at the bottom is an option to add a poll.

Okay! Checking out again!

swiep07
08-18-11, 04:58 PM
:( I don't get it.. I can put a cross on polls and fill in the number of options, but nothing happens then..
Sounds a bit stupid...

greygull
08-18-11, 05:02 PM
:( I don't get it.. I can put a cross on polls and fill in the number of options, but nothing happens then..
Sounds a bit stupid...

After you've typed in what you want said in the regular part (like when creating a regular new thread), it will then take you to a new page, where you can put in what you want in the poll, if you want it multiple choice, and if you want people's names to appear under it when they vote :)

FYI - I don't think polls can be edited (even by us) after they've been created. If you do have an error, and notice afterwords, one of us can delete the whole thread and you can start again.

swiep07
08-18-11, 05:13 PM
Thanks for explaining! I'll try tomorrow. Going to sleep now, or else there will be an odd poll here all night.. hehe

DRL23411
08-18-11, 09:06 PM
The money trail for gems goes through TeamLava to itunes, another Apple adventure. My guess is that the parent company for TeamLava is somehow connected to Apple. TeamLava games can be downloaded for free, sort of a poor profit structure if there is not some other motivation for cash. I am only trying to make conversion, not looking to start a wave of bad press for Apple or TeamLava. It was a brief thought I had and probably should not have put it in type.

Mogwai4111
08-18-11, 09:13 PM
The money trail for gems goes through TeamLava to itunes, another Apple adventure. My guess is that the parent company for TeamLava is somehow connected to Apple. TeamLava games can be downloaded for free, sort of a poor profit structure if there is not some other motivation for cash. I am only trying to make conversion, not looking to start a wave of bad press for Apple or TeamLava. It was a brief thought I had and probably should not have put it in type.

I get what you're saying.. but I don't think that's TL's motivation. Last I read the TeamLava players were 80% iOS, 20% Android.. so you can see why they get the preferential treatment.

pinkster73
08-18-11, 09:23 PM
I get what you're saying.. but I don't think that's TL's motivation. Last I read the TeamLava players were 80% iOS, 20% Android.. so you can see why they get the preferential treatment.

Wow really? I thought it was closer to 60/40 for idevices. There was a thread about this before I think but I can't remember what it was called.

And L23411 don't worry I don't think anyone was offended. Everyone is always welcome to express thoughts and opinions. It's a forum after all :)

pinkster73
08-20-11, 01:12 PM
So is there any answer yet as to when Android players will become equals to everyone else on farm story? A time frame?

kooky panda
08-20-11, 02:40 PM
I have not gotten any answer yet... I will keep trying!!!

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 02:57 PM
I can't remember getting Android update announcements more than a week or so before the update (or new game) comes out.

pinkster73
08-20-11, 02:59 PM
Ok thanks. (I'm going to keep whining until I get my koi pond :))

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 03:03 PM
Ok thanks. (I'm going to keep whining until I get my koi pond :))

me too ;)

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing the TL games? And is farm the only one?

pinkster73
08-20-11, 03:12 PM
Yes I only play farm. I think I started about 8 months ago. I tried the other ones but farm is the only one that did it for me. I would whine less about the koi pond if I could at least get an answer if teamlava is even working on constructables for Android farms. We don't even know IF its coming, nevermind WHEN.

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 03:24 PM
Ahh.. gotcha. I've been playing a little less time, but have tried them all. The koi pond thing is kinda how every new update goes. It's announced, we find out on our own that it's not for Android, get the "we don't know when it will come out but we'll be sure to let the devs know of your interest", and then one day it appears.

I'm used to it by now, so I was a little confused when you responded as if this hadn't happened before, but I don't think it's happened much within Farm Story alone, so now I get it.

Anyway, keep the hope alive! Koi ponds will be here eventually.

hectorloch
08-20-11, 03:34 PM
But do you get the bouncing water drops ? Hopefully you don't and there at least will be some advantage in your favour - pro tem, of course :)

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 03:40 PM
But do you get the bouncing water drops ? Hopefully you don't and there at least will be some advantage in your favour - pro tem, of course :)

We'll get those too eventually, no matter how much negative feedback they receive. But for now it's calm waters and smooth sailing and I'm pretty happy about that.

hectorloch
08-20-11, 03:47 PM
We'll get those too eventually, no matter how much negative feedback they receive. But for now it's calm waters and smooth sailing and I'm pretty happy about that.

I turned back i.e. deleted it and took the back up from my Mac. Means I see a hole for the pond where you do. However, it is more than an irritant - and I can understand why for some people it will make them dizzy.

nmishii
08-20-11, 04:43 PM
Yes I only play farm. I think I started about 8 months ago. I tried the other ones but farm is the only one that did it for me. I would whine less about the koi pond if I could at least get an answer if teamlava is even working on constructables for Android farms. We don't even know IF its coming, nevermind WHEN.

The TL answer given many times to RS and BS Android users on the constructables was that the developers were working on it, but there was no date on when they would be available. I would think that's the same answer we'll get on this one.

They should be better at porting the constructables from iOS to Android, so it shouldn't be as long as it was for RS and BS.

For RS and BS, they released the bouncing stars that the iDevice users didn't like to Android about a week before the constructables were released on BS. So once you get the animated water drops you'll know the koi pond release isn't far away.

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 04:54 PM
I turned back i.e. deleted it and took the back up from my Mac. Means I see a hole for the pond where you do. However, it is more than an irritant - and I can understand why for some people it will make them dizzy.

It's a sad state of affairs for the TL update team when players make an effort to avoid their updates. No doubt the developers do not play the games themselves.

kooky panda
08-20-11, 04:57 PM
I read a while back that since farm story was the very first game TL developed it was written different then the games that followed. I am thinking that since the android problem was due to software problems that maybe TL may be having some additional issues with farm...thoughts from any tech savvy members?

Mogwai4111
08-20-11, 05:01 PM
They should be better at porting the constructables from iOS to Android, so it shouldn't be as long as it was for RS and BS.

But maybe they're working on bringing NcS to Android, or making new games for iOS, or something else other than Koi Ponds for Android. There's not really a way to know how long it will take, so the best thing to do is just pretend it doesn't exist and then one day it will be there. I think that's how it goes for all mobile gaming in general, not just TL.

I don't really mind it so much. Reminds of the playstation 3 game God of War 3, one of my favorite console series. A release date was announced, I got excited, even went out and pre-ordered it half a year in advance. Then the release date got pushed back a few months, then again a few months, after a while it started to get frustrating. I'm glad it's not this way with TL.

captmiddy
08-21-11, 07:54 AM
If I were to guess I would say that they are working on a large update for FarmStory on Android because we haven't had an update since June, but iOS devices have seen several updates since then and the RS Android update was done a few weeks ago over the course of a few weeks we got 2 updates. Just so you don't feel too bad, I have an iOS device playing Farm Story and so does my wife and neither one has Koi Ponds as an option yet. I can see Koi Ponds on my Android devices, just can't buy or build them.

As to technical issues, if this is a big rewrite because the platform fell behiind, that would explain a long wait. I honestly am being patient about the features, I am more disappointed that they raised the prices on decorations that we can't build. IOS devices can build a well for 10k coins and some friends, for us it is like 40 gems. If we can't build them at least let us buy them for a reasonable non-Gem price.

pinkster73
08-21-11, 10:14 AM
If I were to guess I would say that they are working on a large update for FarmStory on Android because we haven't had an update since June, but iOS devices have seen several updates since then and the RS Android update was done a few weeks ago over the course of a few weeks we got 2 updates. Just so you don't feel too bad, I have an iOS device playing Farm Story and so does my wife and neither one has Koi Ponds as an option yet. I can see Koi Ponds on my Android devices, just can't buy or build them.

As to technical issues, if this is a big rewrite because the platform fell behiind, that would explain a long wait. I honestly am being patient about the features, I am more disappointed that they raised the prices on decorations that we can't build. IOS devices can build a well for 10k coins and some friends, for us it is like 40 gems. If we can't build them at least let us buy them for a reasonable non-Gem price.

How is it possible for you to see the koi ponds if you're on Android?

pinkster73
08-21-11, 10:19 AM
But maybe they're working on bringing NcS to Android, or making new games for iOS, or something else other than Koi Ponds for Android. There's not really a way to know how long it will take, so the best thing to do is just pretend it doesn't exist and then one day it will be there. I think that's how it goes for all mobile gaming in general, not just TL.

I don't really mind it so much. Reminds of the playstation 3 game God of War 3, one of my favorite console series. A release date was announced, I got excited, even went out and pre-ordered it half a year in advance. Then the release date got pushed back a few months, then again a few months, after a while it started to get frustrating. I'm glad it's not this way with TL.

At least with your god of war game you knew it existed and would eventually come. There has been no confirmation from teamlava that constructables (especially my koi pond :() are even coming to farm story.

It would be a lot easier to wait patiently if I knew IF it was even coming. Just because rs and bs got constructables doesn't confirm they're coming for farm. You know what they say about assuming.....

nmishii
08-21-11, 11:23 AM
At least with your god of war game you knew it existed and would eventually come. There has been no confirmation from teamlava that constructables (especially my koi pond :() are even coming to farm story.

It would be a lot easier to wait patiently if I knew IF it was even coming. Just because rs and bs got constructables doesn't confirm they're coming for farm. You know what they say about assuming.....

With the RS and BS constructables, TL didn't respond for a long time, and there were many threads on it. There were no moderators then and many of the posts were really quite ugly from both Android and iOS users, and TL let that happen. So you may not get an answer quick. And based on history, the answer will most likely be that they are working on it but don't have a date, and they didn't say where on the priority list it stood, although it wasn't asked. It was going to take time since that the code was different, and they should be better at that by now. It took 2 months for Android to get the constructables on RS and BS. Even with all the posts from Android users wanting them, it apparently wasn't a priority to them, since they released the bouncing stars before they released the constructables.

captmiddy
08-22-11, 12:50 PM
How is it possible for you to see the koi ponds if you're on Android?

I can't, I had seen the silly pond a few times and thought it was on both my Android and my iOS device. The downside of playing two devices is that you can't keep track of which things you have seen where. Good thing that for the most part I don't keep the same neighbors on the two devices or I would start a conversation on one device and continue it on another and they would be all confused.

pinkster73
08-22-11, 02:18 PM
I can't, I had seen the silly pond a few times and thought it was on both my Android and my iOS device. The downside of playing two devices is that you can't keep track of which things you have seen where. Good thing that for the most part I don't keep the same neighbors on the two devices or I would start a conversation on one device and continue it on another and they would be all confused.

Ha ha they would all think you're crazy