PDA

View Full Version : **Suggestion Regarding Animation**

DoubleZ
08-16-11, 04:03 AM
How about offering a way to turn off the animation if you wish, namely the bouncing , which are difficult for me. I actually get borderline motion sick when I farm now. Not kidding!

Also, another suggestion is another type of pond. Thank you for offering the Koi Pond, but my farm is just that...a farm. I'd really like to see a more natural/rustic pond with some basic trees trees around it and perhaps some floating ducks on it, since this animation seems to be a new thing. I'd pay twice the amount for that! The Koi Pond belongs with a mansion with a manicured lawn.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 05:05 AM
Yes, a new Setting to turn it off would be good - but probably only because it's new. I'm going to live with it for a few days. If that doesn't work out, I'll re-install previous version from back up. Trouble is, there are usually other improvements "under the hood" in these Updates.

Also, while like you I also have trad farm, this is a major tech change in FS and a lot of work at their end has gone into it - expect more animation.

For those on iDevices wanting to keep the former version option open, remember not to Sync or do a new backup on your main machine in the meantime.

DoubleZ
08-16-11, 05:25 AM
Yes, a new Setting to turn it off would be good - but probably only because it's new. I'm going to live with it for a few days. If that doesn't work out, I'll re-install previous version from back up. Trouble is, there are usually other improvements "under the hood" in these Updates.

Also, while like you I also have trad farm, this is a major tech change in FS and a lot of work at their end has gone into it - expect more animation.

For those on iDevices wanting to keep the former version option open, remember not to Sync or do a new backup on your main machine in the meantime.

I realize and appreciate the work that went into the changes. Wished they'd explained what they were on the update page, though. All it said was "bug fixes". We still don't have the option to delete invitees either.

I haven't synced with my main computer for some time. Probably still have the original version on there! Lol!

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 06:37 AM
I too am trying it out. I do love the koi pond moving, but the water droplets bouncing may be a bit too much. I thought maybe they would eventually allow us to customize the color of the droplets, like the bays of hay or something. The bouncing droplets are slightly nauseating, and they kind of distract from the overall beauty of the farm scenes. I'm
Still debating though, giving it a fair chance.

kooky panda
08-16-11, 06:41 AM
I guess It does not bother me, because Zoo story has the dancing water. It took a while to get use to but now I do not even notice it.
But I can see where some people may have some issues.
(nightclub had similar issue with the flashing dance floors).

Of course any changes or new items in the games will not please everyone.

Maybe someone could start a poll??? Love them? hate them?? Do not care???
That way we can see what the majority forum voice is on this issue. If it looks like a large majority of people cannot play based on new feature, I can at least send this over to GM.
no promises that it will be changed, but at least TL will know how the majority of players feel.

Remember that we lost gnomes and rivers based on emails to support wanting ways to earn gems. The forum never voiced love for gnomes and rivers.

When we got together and let team lava know the majority of people wanted the gnomes and rivers back, they listened.

redbobcat
08-16-11, 06:48 AM
I also love the idea of the new animated items but find the bouncing droplets a bit nauseating as well.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 07:10 AM
Well, we all voted for water features - by jingo we've got water now !

Phthon
08-16-11, 09:31 AM
actually I find the dancing water helpful. When I go to a farm that has crops growing that the water kind of blends into, movement helps me see where the farm needs to be watered.

They don't bother me at all.

kooky panda
08-16-11, 09:32 AM
so who is going to do a poll ??? like dancing water do not like dancing water(make me sick) do not care.

NewfyFarm
08-16-11, 09:38 AM
I still despise the stars because they get in the way when watering nbrs and by the end of my morning rounds, I have normally cursed more than once because of them. I often post on a wall in the middle of watering to get rid of them so I can see what I have left to do, especially a full farm. but this morning with the bouncing water not only did I have major eye strain, I was also getting a bit seasick. please give us the option of turning them off. I don't even want to look at my farm. I can't believe I went on strike for gnomes, and now I have a farm I don't even want to look at.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 10:03 AM
actually I find the dancing water helpful. When I go to a farm that has crops growing that the water kind of blends into, movement helps me see where the farm needs to be watered.

They don't bother me at all.

They do distract me but I agree it's easier to see what's watered and what isn't.

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 10:41 AM
Kooky, do you have the ability to set up the poll?

kooky panda
08-16-11, 10:42 AM
I can set up a poll , but I wanted to see if someone else was interested in doing it. It would go under Farm Discussion forum.

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 11:27 AM
Who can set up the poll? I'm on an iPhone so can't do much more than post. I think it's important to let the developers know if the bouncing droplets are a problem or not, especially if it's making people sick...they may quit the game or something.

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 11:30 AM
Just an idea if animated droplets don't work out, but people still want to see the drops when watering those pesky crops...allow us to customize our drops...color changing like the hay bales. ...maybe put that as an option on the poll?

crystalrayn3
08-17-11, 09:42 AM
I agree that the drops do make watering easier, especially when it comes to soybeans & onions. I do worry that the animation will cause server problems or device bogging in the future. If your device doesn't have a high processor or if TL's server fails, the game is going to slooooooooooooooow down.

artlomin
08-17-11, 04:24 PM
Please, please prevail on team lava to allow us to turn off the bouncing

kmyfarmer
08-17-11, 06:38 PM
The water droplets bouncing really annoy me and I also feel like not looking at my farm anymore because of the lots of them moving. I try to harvest as fast as I can to get rid of them but I have roses which I dont collect for obvious reasons (the cost gems) so the bouncing droplets are there all-the-time. It was by far my favorite game and now it is spoiled for me.

hectorloch
08-17-11, 07:29 PM
Yes, I think I'll be turning back to the previous version.

MrsShrek
08-17-11, 09:12 PM
I think the best choice is an option setting, then everyone can decide for theirselves if they want it or not.

pinkster73
08-17-11, 10:26 PM
Well, we all voted for water features - by jingo we've got water now !

No. WE don't. :(

myweedpatch
08-17-11, 10:31 PM
Please TL... update with a turn off animations option in the settings section where we turn off sound and music. A simple solution to make everyone happy.

Oh and add edit/delete option in invite neighbors section while your at it :-)

RoseRed74
08-20-11, 01:17 PM
so who is going to do a poll ??? like dancing water do not like dancing water(make me sick) do not care.

The poll is firmly against the animation. What now?

kooky panda
08-20-11, 02:35 PM
The poll is firmly against the animation. What now?

I have sent the thread to GM.. I have not heard anything back..If I hear anything I will let you know.
Not sure if they will change because ppl just do not like it (we still have the bouncing stars)
my concern was the posts of ppl getting very sick claiming it was effecting their health.

To the members that feel this is causing physical problems, I would suggest also emailing support@teamlava.com
Explaining what these animations are doing and the problems you are having.
This way something from the forum is getting sent over plus there will also be information coming from support too.

In the meantime I have found that if I zoom out when I water and not be so close to the screen I barely see the drops moving.

RoseRed74
08-20-11, 06:35 PM
I always zoom out, I'm afraid it doesn't help. . Thx anyway.