PDA

View Full Version : Just wasted 24 gems!!

DoubleZ
08-16-11, 01:38 AM
I thought TeamLava had fixed the problem with receiving duplicate items in the Discovery Chest, but it's become painfully apparent that they haven't. I now have 2 garden arches, neither of which I will ever use...they just aren't my style! I also have 2 ranch houses, 1 of which I'll never use.

I purposely waited a couple of months before purchasing another chest, hoping that the issue had been resolved. All I want is a yellow lab...that's it. I don't like the little dogs (corgi and dachshund) you can outright buy, and I didn't have the luxury of affording a gem package to get border collie, so I guess now I'll have to settle for my rabbit. I'm beyond disappointed, and this will definitely be my LAST chest purchase! 

Cjcsings7777
08-20-11, 02:28 PM
I agree with you. I've received so many double and triple items and things I'll NEVER use, very, very frustrating...and costly! I don't mind paying for these things but not receive the same thing over and over! Would really appreciate if you would fix this TeamLava!

scotslassuk
08-20-11, 02:43 PM
I agree it's a costly investment I got so many roseblocks I sold them! 2arches 2 I love mom signs got practically 2off ever naff prizes in those chests surely they can determine what you have got from each chest? I have looked at my invoices for gems shocking but my choice but I always seem to buy them then guess what?? Sale with free item!! :mad:Not that I wanted a dragon not seen many off them on farms lately  other than my sister!! Lmao she will love me for that one but seriously can you please sort the duplicate prizes it's a WASTE of money and a total let down:mad:

JennyWuzHere
08-20-11, 02:55 PM
Ahh. You have no idea how many duplicates I have.
*2 Labradors
*2 Ranch Houses
*2 GingerBread Houses
*3 Garden Arches
*4 Patio Tables

Ya. I have alot!

pinkster73
08-20-11, 03:16 PM
Personally I would spend more gems then I already do if I would not get duplicates.

scotslassuk
08-21-11, 09:38 AM
Personally I would spend more gems then I already do if I would not get duplicates.

Totally agree surely there must be someway off recognising what prizes you already have?? I have spent ALOT on gems my choice as I stated before but I won't be buying chests until you can sort this problem out! It's a loss off money to the game and a loss off the excitement off opening the chests I refuse to spend money on a chest that am 99% sure I will get another naff prize from

mushroom79
08-21-11, 10:55 PM
how about TL offering trades between nbrs for duplicate items?!

pinkster73
08-22-11, 01:19 AM
I wish! Like a farmers market or just the ability to gift neighbors things from your inventory (like duplicates). It wouldn't cost them money, it encourage's people to buy more boxes!

hectorloch
08-22-11, 01:39 AM
I wish! Like a farmers market or just the ability to gift neighbors things from your inventory (like duplicates). It wouldn't cost them money, it encourage's people to buy more boxes!

Grand plan. We could also have Players' Leaving Wills where when we leave the games (as leave we must but we don't talk about that) we bequeath items to our friends and neighbours. I'll start -

I leave Pinkster - my Gazing Ball (in Inventory and unused since the gnomes house confiscation)

There, that'll get the ball :cool: rolling !

Seriously, while it would be a great idea to do swaps, gifts etc I can't see how it wouldn't cost TL anything in gem purchase level - it would be fairly significant I think.

myweedpatch
08-22-11, 02:01 AM
I just think they need to do either of 2 things...both of which would be a better business model than making their customers disappointed, unhappy and occasionally mad. Happy customers
Have less complaints, thus costs less for TL in support services and happy customers, getting what they want will spend more and be willing and content about it.

1)make better choices in what goes in the surprise boxes/baskets/chests. Even a 4th place prize that costs $5 each time should be better than a "I love mom" sign! I mean, it's a virtual item...why should they care if you get somethi g your happy with....? Hmmm....I know! So you go try it again and spend another 5
bucks! Uh... And actual things that go on a farm!

2) stop making us gamble by forcing us to buy blindly to get a nice house or unique animal! let us see what there is and
let us chose! If at the very least make surprise boxes that have all types of houses in it, or one with all types of animals in it or one with all farm decorations or ones with all fantasy. I would still gamble fir that if at least I'd end up with something I can use or would even want! I mean...a mushroom house? Why am I paying $5 for something I don't want? Nor asked for

TL really needs to put more thought into what is a prize in the first place...it's not a giant billboard that says "I love dad", that's for sure! And the artwork needs to blend better with other pieces. Cartoon vs realism.

Bottom line is that the items are intangible, virtual and therefor we should be able to see and chose what we want.

Just my not do humble opinion...