PDA

View Full Version : How to refund?

Refund
10-02-10, 03:30 AM
The apps was download by free, but after download and play by my 6 years old kid, then I got a itune charge at $149.99 with order number MT713HKVJ at receipt date 01 Oct 2010.

Unregistered
10-05-10, 11:00 PM
The apps was download by free, but after download and play by my 6 years old kid, then I got a itune charge at $149.99 with order number MT713HKVJ at receipt date 01 Oct 2010.

Your kid must have purchased the 900 city cash which cost US$149.99 when playing the game.

Pancakes
10-06-10, 11:03 AM
Yup, like the person above me said: your kid must've purchased stuff. As far as I know, there's no way to refund. =/ Good luck, anyway...

Bugsnlola
10-16-10, 01:21 PM
As they stated in their FAQ, you have to contact Apple Itunes for refunds.

Unregistered
10-17-10, 11:05 PM
There is a way to lock purchases from happening and I think you can do it via your iPhone. I think after you lock it you must input a password before making a purchase. Better do it to prevent future big purchases!

Unregistered
10-19-10, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately, I found out tonight about in-app purchases. I had no idea this even existed.

My question is while experimenting with this game, I made not one but two $150 purchases thinking I was using money from within the game. However, I never once received a pop up asking me to confirm or thanking me for my purchase. Only a brief "processing" screen popped up for a few seconds.

Once I realized what had happened when I saw the city cash wasn't increasing and from reading the help/FAQ section, I immediately went in and disabled in app purchases but only after this had happened. I called apple THREE times to no avail. They couldn't even understand what I was talking about. I finally got some answers by just calling one of the apple stores directly and speaking with someone there. They told me I would have to wait until the charges appeared on my statement before they could consider a refund.

My question is this happened about 8hrs ago and the city cash still has not increased and I'm still not seeing any charge on my itunes account. Is it possible this did not go through?

Once I disabled in app purchases on my phone, I went back in and tried to purchase $5 in city cash to see if it would work and had a pop up tell me this was not allowed....

I've been sick all night just waiting for $300 in charges to drop in from playing a stupid game for five minutes!! I can guarantee you this will be the last time I'm burnt by in app purchases! No pop ups... no confirmations... nothing!

Supervolcano
10-19-10, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately, I found out tonight about in-app purchases. I had no idea this even existed.

My question is while experimenting with this game, I made not one but two $150 purchases thinking I was using money from within the game. However, I never once received a pop up asking me to confirm or thanking me for my purchase. Only a brief "processing" screen popped up for a few seconds.

Once I realized what had happened when I saw the city cash wasn't increasing and from reading the help/FAQ section, I immediately went in and disabled in app purchases but only after this had happened. I called apple THREE times to no avail. They couldn't even understand what I was talking about. I finally got some answers by just calling one of the apple stores directly and speaking with someone there. They told me I would have to wait until the charges appeared on my statement before they could consider a refund.

My question is this happened about 8hrs ago and the city cash still has not increased and I'm still not seeing any charge on my itunes account. Is it possible this did not go through?

Once I disabled in app purchases on my phone, I went back in and tried to purchase $5 in city cash to see if it would work and had a pop up tell me this was not allowed....

I've been sick all night just waiting for $300 in charges to drop in from playing a stupid game for five minutes!! I can guarantee you this will be the last time I'm burnt by in app purchases! No pop ups... no confirmations... nothing!
There are confirmation popups after the transaction is completed.

If you didn't get those popups, and didn't get the City Cash credited, then chances are good that the transaction failed.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 10:13 PM
Thanks Supervolcano....

I so hope you are right!

Thanks for the quick response.... I'll keep watching it...

oleg
10-22-10, 11:24 AM
There are confirmation popups after the transaction is completed.

If you didn't get those popups, and didn't get the City Cash credited, then chances are good that the transaction failed.

I also haven't any idea I was purchasing those points for real money... no pop-ups, no VAT info, nothing... than I checked my mail for confirmation from appstore.. nothing.

If they don't refund this I will sue them, jokes aside. They should warn people anyway.

Unregistered
10-25-10, 07:35 AM
I have been purchasing city story with real cash. The first time i did it I'll be honest and say i didn't realise i was actually going to get charged with real money but then I realised when the money went out.

then, evey now and again, i've had a little flutter and bought a few city cash. every time i tap the button to add cash it had a short proccessing screen then nothing. i'd tap it again and then it would ask me to confirm by entering my apple ID and password. I though the first processing screen was put in place to maybe give you a chance to not purchase by accident. i thought maybe they had had complaints from people who had done it by accident. then maybe i thought it was just because the transaction had not gone through (lost connection etc)

I have just looked at my online banking to find that i have been charged every time i had tapped the button. even though i havent been getting the cash. i'm fuming. that means my account has been charged roughly double and at a fiver a pop that's far more than the little flutter i thought i was having.

I'm fuming.

Has anybody else experienced this?

does anyone know what i should do or who i should contact?

Unregistered
10-25-10, 01:15 PM
I was just charged randomly. One minute, I had 35 City Cash, I exited the app, re-entered it, and all of it was gone! I am very, very annoyed at this. I didn't get anything either. No coins, no business, nothing. AUGHH!!!

City Name: Triton
Storm8 I.D: ilikesweetcorn

chvchv & chvchv2
10-26-10, 07:44 AM
does anyone know what i should do or who i should contact?

You need to contact Apple. TeamLava will not do anything because you are Apple's customer and not TeamLava's customer.