PDA

View Full Version : New Animation for Farm Story - Yeah!

myweedpatch
08-15-11, 07:28 PM
Yeah! New animation on Farm Story!!!!

Just got an update notice from iTunes...

Animated water droplets and animated constructible koi pond!

Awesome!

Thank You!

Trying to upload picture, but photobucket site must be busy!

MrsPamB
08-15-11, 07:46 PM
I also get error message trying to upload the pics from photobucket, we must be overloading them 

kooky panda
08-15-11, 07:52 PM
well thank goodness it was not a brand new designed gnome, we would of blown up photobucket!!!!

myweedpatch
08-15-11, 11:12 PM
Ok...here it is...

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m620/shaggysgrl/32b216d2.jpg

The koi in the pond swim around in the water and under the bridge and the water droplets on crops bounce up and down.

Cost was 10,000 coin. Need 10 each of rubber lining, work gloves, tiles and concrete to complete.

Takes up a 3 square x 3 square space and does not rotate.

For some reason it's listed with the animals to buy in the store...I guess because of the koi.

ariesblu
08-15-11, 11:37 PM
Yay! Something else android users can't do! Lol.

Mogwai4111
08-15-11, 11:58 PM

It gets less painful each time, so at least there is that ;)

Hawaiianmomma
08-16-11, 12:24 AM

I am Content With Farm Now I got Water.....


hectorloch
08-16-11, 12:53 AM
Like all things new when you've been playing a while and used to things as they were, the bouncing water drops I find a bit strange - and also distracting. But, I'm sure we'll all get used to them.

A new technological era for the game begins today !

hectorloch
08-16-11, 01:03 AM

Animated water droplets and animated constructible koi pond!

Awesome!

Thank You!

Crikey ! You've got 5 ! Do they join together or is there an obligatory space/half space between them ?

khunpla
08-16-11, 01:16 AM
Thank you myweedpatch! ^^b
coz i swear that i saw the pop up but then i couldn't find it when i try to check it out gosh! it's under ANIMAL =_= didn't come up on my mind..but it's so cute though..i luv it
but i play on iPhone and the animated water drops seem to slow down my iPhone...is it the same to any of you? T-T

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 01:27 AM
In hate to complain so early on but I kinda feel like the bouncing droplets are ***na give me a seizure....

swiep07
08-16-11, 01:29 AM

I'm hoping teamlava is working on an Android update too...

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 01:33 AM
I'm hoping teamlava is working on an Android update too...

My relative plays on android...tomorrow, she said she's checking the "market"
Place for an update...if not, then she will make some calls. I will post any info she gets.

swiep07
08-16-11, 01:37 AM
That would be great! I'm checking the market every day.. wishful thinking...

hectorloch
08-16-11, 01:49 AM
Thank you myweedpatch! ^^b
coz i swear that i saw the pop up but then i couldn't find it when i try to check it out gosh! it's under ANIMAL =_= didn't come up on my mind..but it's so cute though..i luv it
but i play on iPhone and the animated water drops seem to slow down my iPhone...is it the same to any of you? T-T

Re slow down, it's bound to create more "traffic" between your device and the servers and so I would imagine it will slow your device down - but I wouldn't think it would be a lot. I wonder, however, how, say, a 1st generation iTouch would get on.

DoubleZ
08-16-11, 02:43 AM
I'm motion sick from the bouncing water drops! Ugh...

kooky panda
08-16-11, 05:22 AM
really?? the bouncing drops I barely notice.

Hawaiianmomma
08-16-11, 05:43 AM
Those who suffer vertigo, epilepsy or any other ailment might not find enjoyment in this new feature.
I personally am pleased with the droplets dancing merrily across my screen,it has a soothing effect for me, because Im such a water baby. But I do have hide my IPad when one of my nephews comes over, I can't let him enjoy like the rest of nieces and nephews because his ailment, so I can see both sides of the coin....I Wish Wellness and Content For All.

jtm101
08-16-11, 05:51 AM
So has TL fiinally forced the abomination of bouncing water onto iPad users with this update? With no other disclosure other than bug fixes? How about telling us what features are added when releasing 'updates'.

V 1.7.6 works fine for me, i have no desire to update if we get bouncing or flying water or stars.

From my experience in other TL games it will just make it harder to water and be watered.

mushroom79
08-16-11, 06:17 AM
thumbs up teamlava! thankfully no bouncing stars and coins after update! cannot imagine if I had to tap 20 times + 10 times everytime I water one nbr's farm!

kooky panda
08-16-11, 06:39 AM

I guess It does not bother me, because Zoo story has the dancing water. It took a while to get use to but now I do not even notice it.
But I can see where some people may have some issues.
(nightclub had similar issue with the flashing dance floors).

Of course any changes or new items in the games will not please everyone.

Maybe someone could start a poll??? Love them? hate them?? Do not care???
That way we can see what the majority forum voice is on this issue. If it looks like a large majority of people cannot play based on new feature, I can at least send this over to GM.
no promises that it will be changed, but at least TL will know how the majority of players feel.

Remember that we lost gnomes and rivers based on emails to support wanting ways to earn gems. The forum never voiced love for gnomes and rivers.

When we got together and let team lava know the majority of people wanted the gnomes and rivers back, they listened.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 07:27 AM
Animation is determined by your own version. So, with the new Upgrade every Farm you'll visit (even though that player has not upgraded) you'll get bouncing water - and dancing fish !

I also noticed an odd thing. On visiting a nbr Farm, when you pull up their Wall to say your hello, the fish stops darting BUT the drops keep bouncing. How strange is that ?

azsugarshack
08-16-11, 09:04 AM
What level do you have to be at to see the pond in the store?

pinkster73
08-16-11, 09:23 AM
Still no pond or update for Android boo hoo :(

kooky panda
08-16-11, 09:29 AM
I am not sure, but note that android users will not have the pond. If you are not android user, you will need to download the farm update that was released in itunes yesterday. AFter you update, the pond will be with the animals in the store.

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 10:46 AM
I am not sure, but note that android users will not have the pond. If you are not android user, you will need to download the farm update that was released in itunes yesterday. AFter you update, the pond will be with the animals in the store.

Are you saying that Android customers don't have them yet? Or never will?

Any news I can give to my game neighbors, family and friends who have Android?

So...it seems that all my android user neighbors will only see a 3x3 blank space on my farm until never? Or until some future date?

myweedpatch
08-16-11, 10:47 AM
I meant "for forever" not "never". Stupid phone!

kooky panda
08-16-11, 10:48 AM

So...it seems that all my android user neighbors will only see a 3x3 blank space on my farm until never? Or until some future date?

that is correct, the new update was only in the Itunes store for idevice users.

Not official, but I am sure Team Lava is working on the constructible option for androids(other games have gotten it).
Right now, since androids cannot build, they have not gotten this update.
I am sure once they get the update for androids the pond will also be included.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 10:56 AM

I don't think anyone outside of TL knows the answer about when it will be available on Android. So, on this Forum, only the Super Mod GM would be able to help anyone here.

But, on the Android for now it will be no different from the iDevice user who has not upgraded - and you're right, you just see a blank green space where the fish pond should be.

scrappybug
08-16-11, 02:21 PM
bouncing water cracks me up! I'm sure i'll get used to it but for now they make me laugh. I like the pond too my ducks are very happy thanks TL now if we could just have some water tiles…..

hectorloch
08-16-11, 02:41 PM
... Rivers back at CS, I hear. TL got water on the brain now ?

seslothower
08-16-11, 06:54 PM
I have been putting off an update since may, the dancing waters swept me away and I updated.

What happened to the person you want to gift showing up at the top of the neighbors list? Did that go away with the update. Anybody know?

kooky panda
08-16-11, 06:56 PM
I have been putting off an update since may, the dancing waters swept me away and I updated.

What happened to the person you want to gift showing up at the top of the neighbors list? Did that go away with the update. Anybody know?

That option disappeared a while ago not sure why.
I think it happened on all games

jovenal
08-16-11, 06:58 PM

The gift back feature has been changed 2 updates ago. I was hoping that with this latest update TL will bring it back.

kooky panda
08-16-11, 07:00 PM
The gift back feature has been changed 2 updates ago. I was hoping that with this latest update TL will bring it back.

me too:(:(:(

MrsShrek
08-17-11, 07:03 AM
Maybe someone could start a poll??? Love them? hate them?? Do not care???
That way we can see what the majority forum voice is on this issue. If it looks like a large majority of people cannot play based on new feature, I can at least send this over to GM.
no promises that it will be changed, but at least TL will know how the majority of players feel.

Maybe a better solution would be to have an option setting to turn off the animation like we currently do with the sound & notifications. That way, those that like can have it on & those that do not like can turn it off. Seems like a way to keep everyone happy. ;-)

swiep07
08-17-11, 07:40 AM
Will us Android players be able to see the pond without the update?

swiep07
08-17-11, 07:42 AM
I'm talking about on other farms of course...:rolleyes:

kooky panda
08-17-11, 08:16 AM
I'm talking about on other farms of course...:rolleyes:

so far none of my android nbrs can see the pond on my farm. They just see a big green area. Also idevice nbrs cannot see the pond until they do the update.

crystalrayn3
08-17-11, 08:50 AM
I love the animated coi pond. Great job TL! The bouncing water droplets are a bit annoying though. I like MrsShrek's suggestion of having an Annimation on/off option

nicola_grant
08-17-11, 09:26 AM
I think the drops look cool, but think it's makes things hard when watering an already highly watered farm.

swiep07
08-17-11, 10:03 AM
so far none of my android nbrs can see the pond on my farm. They just see a big green area. Also idevice nbrs cannot see the pond until they do the update.

:(
I hope we get an update soon...
I was very happy about the update on bs, fs and rs.
Now waiting for the update on the game I play most;)

ariesblu
08-17-11, 10:08 AM
Will us Android players be able to see the pond without the update?
We can't because we do not even have the capability of doing construction items. It's just like on BS and RS when we couldn't see the ice cream, drink, and easy ovens/stoves. Until we can actually construct stuff on fs, we will continue to see empty spaces.

gabo84
08-17-11, 03:20 PM

me too... i was working on my farm after i updated and few minutes in I felt sick :( I have vertigo and this is not helping my cause.

LanokaHarbor
08-17-11, 03:29 PM
I have to take a Dramamine before playing.