PDA

View Full Version : items sold too fast

808dragon
08-15-11, 02:04 PM
Heres my problem....i close my store to stock up on items then when i have a lot i open up. Then i go out of the game for sometimes a couple of minutes, and when i go back in ALL my items are sold! Sure i get the money for it, but then i have to wait until i can stock up again.
This last time i had enough items where i ended up with more than 200,000 coins. Is it because im not "liking" my neighbors before i close up shop? Its getting so frustrating im thinking of uninstalling the game already. BTW, its happened more than once, im on a galaxy s, and its also happened to a friend of mine on the iphone4.

driftboutique
08-15-11, 02:08 PM
Heres my problem....i close my store to stock up on items then when i have a lot i open up. Then i go out of the game for sometimes a couple of minutes, and when i go back in ALL my items are sold! Sure i get the money for it, but then i have to wait until i can stock up again.
This last time i had enough items where i ended up with more than 200,000 coins. Is it because im not "liking" my neighbors before i close up shop? Its getting so frustrating im thinking of uninstalling the game already. BTW, its happened more than once, im on a galaxy s, and its also happened to a friend of mine on the iphone4.

Try blocking your cash registers instead of your doors. This will prevent the instant selling from happening. Good luck!

808dragon
08-15-11, 10:11 PM
Ok....sorry of this is gonna sound stupid, but how do i block the register? I usually put a stool to block the door. Thanks for any help you can offer.

casadolce
08-15-11, 11:24 PM
it doesn't work. I blocked the cash register for two days, almost everything is gone within minutes of reopening. Looked like i was robbed. Made about 230,000 coins, more than I would have made if I did not block the register. I'm thinking of giving up Fashion. Empty shelves and racks are eye sore, but I don't want to buy another 30-40 slots.

driftboutique
08-16-11, 07:14 AM
it doesn't work. I blocked the cash register for two days, almost everything is gone within minutes of reopening. Looked like i was robbed. Made about 230,000 coins, more than I would have made if I did not block the register. I'm thinking of giving up Fashion. Empty shelves and racks are eye sore, but I don't want to buy another 30-40 slots.

With all due respect, this method has worked for countless other people and I use it myself every few days without a hitch. I'm sorry it did not work for you, but that doesnt mean that it doesn't work at all. Did you block your doors as well as the registers? Are you on an Android device?

driftboutique
08-16-11, 07:15 AM
Ok....sorry of this is gonna sound stupid, but how do i block the register? I usually put a stool to block the door. Thanks for any help you can offer.

You can do the same thing with the registers. Put an object where the cashier would stand. When you exit out of design mode, you should get an alert telling you a cash register has been blocked. Also, no cashier will appear near the register.

nutmeg67
08-16-11, 08:41 AM
i close my store to stock up on items then when i have a lot i open up. Then i go out of the game for sometimes a couple of minutes, and when i go back in ALL my items are sold! Sure i get the money for it, but then i have to wait until i can stock up again.

After you open the store, I would suggest letting it play for a few minutes (do NOT go visit neighbors or exit the app). Just watch it for a little while, let it make some sales, and then try exiting if you need to.

BTW, I don't block my registers, just my doors, and I've only had the quick sale thing happen to me once.

casadolce
08-16-11, 10:48 AM
With all due respect, this method has worked for countless other people and I use it myself every few days without a hitch. I'm sorry it did not work for you, but that doesnt mean that it doesn't work at all. Did you block your doors as well as the registers? Are you on an Android device?

I don't know what I did wrong. I did not block the door. I rotated the cash register 180 degree and parked it against the wall. I did get the alert that a cash register has been blocked and there's no cashier in sight. I got lots of customers walking around with broken hearts.

I play on a 1st gen iPad.

driftboutique
08-16-11, 11:40 AM
I don't know what I did wrong. I did not block the door. I rotated the cash register 180 degree and parked it against the wall. I did get the alert that a cash register has been blocked and there's no cashier in sight. I got lots of customers walking around with broken hearts.

I play on a 1st gen iPad.

That's very strange. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I wish I had something helpful to share :(

casadolce
08-16-11, 11:54 AM
That's very strange. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I wish I had something helpful to share :(

That's ok. TL has nothing helpful to share either:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16376-Warning!!!!

My store looks really ugly right now...:mad:

So don't just assume it will work...sometimes it doesn't...

ourshop3
08-20-11, 11:35 AM
When you close your shop either by blocking the door or blocking the registers, you CANNOT go into any other part of the game. So no collecting likes, no visiting neighbors, checking your profile, etc. This has helped me with the clothes disappearing. I hope it helps you too.

shakiba
08-20-11, 03:15 PM
What happens if you block both door (s) and cash register(s)???