PDA

View Full Version : Warning!!!!

gitten
08-14-11, 11:12 AM
For new players - and Kooky Panda had warned me but I forgot. On fashion story if you want to shut shop for some reason - don't block the doorway, block the cash registers. My forgetting cost me all my clothes. When I opened the door, left the game and returned - only a few items remained and no coins gained. I am soooo mad at myself!!! I spent 4 days filling shop and poof - gone!!

casadolce
08-14-11, 11:15 AM
I rotated my cash register and parked it against the wall. Will find out when I reopen in a few days whether that works.

swiep07
08-14-11, 11:23 AM
Oh... that's not nice...
Going to check my clothing now.....

kells81
08-14-11, 03:00 PM
If you leave the door open but block access to the cash register doesnt that mean it will put your heart rating down to zero as the customers will all be unhappy?

casadolce
08-14-11, 03:03 PM
If you leave the door open but block access to the cash register doesnt that mean it will put your heart rating down to zero as the customers will all be unhappy?

Yes it does, lots of purple broken hearts in my store now! ;););)

kells81
08-14-11, 03:23 PM
I have never had a problem with blocking my door-it keeps my stock and it doesnt reduce my heart rating.

shakiba
08-14-11, 03:35 PM
The same thing happened to me yesterday except I earned money. But I don't understand, if I block the cash registers, wouldn't people have broken hearts?

shakiba
08-14-11, 03:37 PM
The same thing happened to me yesterday except I earned money. But I don't understand, if I block the cash registers, wouldn't people have broken hearts?

I noticed somebody asked the same question and yes there will be broken hearts! Why would I put my heart rating down???

driftboutique
08-14-11, 05:38 PM
I noticed somebody asked the same question and yes there will be broken hearts! Why would I put my heart rating down???

It only goes down while you're viewing your store, so it won't drop much at all. I sometimes block my registers for days at a time and I don't think it's dropped below 85.

I block my registers because if I block my door, when I reopen I lose all my merchandise instantly. I've had it happen to me several times and I would rather have broken hearts than empty racks! But that's just my two cents :)

shakiba
08-14-11, 07:00 PM
It only goes down while you're viewing your store, so it won't drop much at all. I sometimes block my registers for days at a time and I don't think it's dropped below 85.

I block my registers because if I block my door, when I reopen I lose all my merchandise instantly. I've had it happen to me several times and I would rather have broken hearts than empty racks! But that's just my two cents :)

I guess ur right. I mean broken hearts doesnt really do anything. Ya I rather have broken hearts than empty racks. :P

gitten
08-15-11, 10:55 AM
Broken hearts can be mended. Seriously, I lost items that I had in the thousands - I was gonna be golden for a long time. I don't even mind the money - I just can't believe all my fashion items are gone - still boohooing over it!!! AND, worse, I knew better! Did the same thing in bakery and restaurant and all was fine there. I guess it's just fashion story - maybe there is a problem there but not in B and R.

casadolce
08-15-11, 06:18 PM
I did not block my door. Two days ago I turned my register around and parked it against the wall while I continuously order clothes. Fast forward today, I reopened, went to check on my farm, came back 15 minutes later. Poof! looked like my store had been robbed. Things were sold faster than if I had left everything normal. I made about 250,000 coins. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

kooky panda
08-15-11, 06:42 PM
Okay guys I just got word from GM on this problem. It is not a glitch with the game.

Closing doors and blocking registers, etc in any of the games, is not a design mechanic, its a work around some people have found in the games.

Since this is not a design feature built into the game, TL cannot verify if it will work or not work and why some people are having the sudden "quick" sales.

kooky panda
08-15-11, 06:49 PM
from what I have seen it seems like most people with the problem, block for 1-2 days to build up inventory then open the doors. Does anyone have a problem just blocking say for 8 hours while sleeping?? I ask because the problem may be length of time the store is closed. If a long period, but you are making clothes, maybe when you finally open the game feels that all the items sitting should of already sold??? Just a thought.

casadolce
08-15-11, 07:16 PM
well then I think TL should do something to slow down the sale of clothing items or open up more slots when we move up the levels. With maximum of 22 slots there's no way we can keep the store stocked. I bought 4 extra and am still not making clothes fast enough. I was told people use about 60 slots to keep the store stocked. That's a lot of gems.

In Bakery and Restaurant it's the other way round. I have food that I cooked weeks ago still pilling up, going painfully slow, without adding extra appliances.

In Restaurant and Bakery, we can decorate the eatery nicely and whether there's enough food does not affect the design. in Fashion all the empty shelves and racks are eye sore.

kells81
08-17-11, 02:31 AM
I have only ever blocked my door overnight or for the odd hor or twoand this did not make my clothes vanish when I opened it again.

My friend blocked it for over 24 hours and she lost all her stock so I think you might be right Kooky and it is linked to the time you are blocking it for.

ccane77
08-17-11, 02:35 AM
I read somewhere that it was better to block the cash register. I do that sometimes to build up stock. My heart rating only drops to 96 but come back to a 100 quickly. I think it has to do with the flow of people coming in.

kooky panda
08-17-11, 04:53 AM
I have only ever blocked my door overnight or for the odd hor or twoand this did not make my clothes vanish when I opened it again.

My friend blocked it for over 24 hours and she lost all her stock so I think you might be right Kooky and it is linked to the time you are blocking it for.

this is my thought. I would like to see people with the problem, let us how long are you keeping your store blocked???

If over 12 hours, maybe try and go in and just open for a few minutes, then closed back down.

VidaGrey
08-17-11, 06:47 AM
Your heart rating recovers quickly, usually in minutes, so it's no big deal :)

LCAHEARTS
08-18-11, 08:53 AM
this is my thought. I would like to see people with the problem, let us how long are you keeping your store blocked???

I have left the game with my doors blocked for over a week in the past when I've gone on vacation or a work related business trip. Come back, unblock, and everything remains the same. I've actually blocked doors since day one of playing and have never had any bad luck. I think that might just be it, a matter of luck. Because I've had a neighbor be gone for about a week also, doors get unblocked, but all her things were gone.

kooky panda
08-18-11, 08:56 AM
I have left the game with my doors blocked for over a week in the past when I've gone on vacation or a work related business trip. Come back, unblock, and everything remains the same. I've actually blocked doors since day one of playing and have never had any bad luck. I think that might just be it, a matter of luck. Because I've had a neighbor be gone for about a week also, doors get unblocked, but all her things were gone.
question, when you block because you are gone, are you still running the clothes, or do you leave the catalog empty?

LCAHEARTS
08-18-11, 09:22 AM
Both. Because I've had 4 day business trips where I leave City Flower [2 day catalog] running in all my slots because the hotel has wifi and I can place the items while I'm gone. But on the 2 vacations I've taken [May and July] I was gone for 9 days and then 13 days, with nothing being ordered in the slots. Nothing happened to my store either time. I never even knew about this door blocking issue til I joined the forums last month or so. So I honestly couldn't think of what's making this happen for others. It has never affected me in RS also.

kooky panda
08-18-11, 09:45 AM
Both. Because I've had 4 day business trips where I leave City Flower [2 day catalog] running in all my slots because the hotel has wifi and I can place the items while I'm gone. But on the 2 vacations I've taken [May and July] I was gone for 9 days and then 13 days, with nothing being ordered in the slots. Nothing happened to my store either time. I never even knew about this door blocking issue til I joined the forums last month or so. So I honestly couldn't think of what's making this happen for others. It has never affected me in RS also.
someone suggested earlier that keeping store closed but coming into the game to visit and like neighbors may be causes this. When you are closed do you send gifts to nbr or go visit their stores?

LCAHEARTS
08-19-11, 05:42 PM
I have always gifted only while I'm away. I don't do likes due to time constraints and such.

Hawaiianmomma
08-19-11, 06:12 PM
Might Want To Try And Surround Your Door(s)With A Feeder Rack And Or A Feeder Table With 1 or 2 Registers So You Still Make $$$$ On Clothing Or Boutique Items. Take Out Other Existing Doors Instead Of Blocking Them. You Should Still Be Able To Do Production Without Any Glitching And Losing Stock For IPad Users. On The Other End If You Need To Bank Ca$h Quickly......Leave All Doors, Block Them, When Done Restocking ReOpen Store, Wait A Few Minutes, Exit Game, Return And Wallah You're Rich.....I'm Not Giving A ***** Just Utilizing What The Game Offers In A Positive Way Instead Of A Negative.....Hope This Helps....Not Sure How It Works For Other Brands of Devices, But Be Experimental. $Good$$Luck$

jakeysmom
08-30-11, 09:17 PM
I have blocked hundred of times and only lost the clothes once.

elliejean
08-30-11, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the warning....sorry that happened :(