PDA

View Full Version : A bug lets me cry :-(

retalin
08-14-11, 08:21 AM
Hello, I'm from Germany so my english is not perfect, but I have a problem with Fashion Story, a game I really like to play. I have an HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.3 and Fashion Story Version 1.0.5. The problem is I can't write on the wall of other players, then there is an a pop-up window with the message: This player blocked you ............ . But I'm absolutely sure they don't blocked me, Because there is no reason for it, the same problem I have with Farm Story, but I don't write so much when I play it. Please can you fix it with the next update, I like the games and if it is possible to find friends around the world ( I have around 40 neighbours and only 2 are from Germany) I rate it with 5 Stars. Thanks for reading, I hope the quality isn't that bad. :(

sterlingempire
08-14-11, 08:30 AM
Perfect English :) I think there is an option in settings that allows you to 'close' your wall. But if you can't write messages on ANYONE'S wall, it is probably a bug.

greygull
08-14-11, 08:49 AM
Are you trying to put any symbols in your messages (+*%#€?). Before, it seemed like symbols were an issue. I've had a few other people telling me about blocked messages. One said if they tried again, it would go through. Thanks for providing your info, I'll put it with the others and submit a report about it. And by the way, your English is perfect!

kooky panda
08-14-11, 09:00 AM
I have gotten the blocked message before when visiting a nbr. This means that for a period of time, you went offline in the game. When you get the blocked message, go back to your store and try that nbr again and if still a problem, restart your game to make sure you do have internet connection.

retalin
08-14-11, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all, you are nice. I forgot to wrote that it is, even on walls of people I visit the first time and @ greygull, I sent an own report to support@ lavagames, but one more couldn't be bad. And now I try it with and without symbols. You hear from me

retalin
08-14-11, 09:29 AM
I have tipped with symbols and without, it doesn't work, then I restarted the Phone and the same happened. Is there an limit of how much comments I can write on an wall ? The most are 3. And I forgotten also, that yesterday, I was blocked on my own wall, and yesterday too I had an window which shows that I took inappropriate words and it wasn't Here is the text of it ( I like creative invitations ;-) ): Hello, if you like to eat Sauerkraut, you can invite an Kraut, to be your neighbour. ID: retalin.
P.S.: It wasn't the best one

kooky panda
08-14-11, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all, you are nice. I forgot to wrote that it is, even on walls of people I visit the first time and @ greygull, I sent an own report to support@ lavagames, but one more couldn't be bad. And now I try it with and without symbols. You hear from me

make sure you use email support@teamlava.com
You should get an automatic response from them giving you a ticket number. If you do not get, check your email spam folder.

yes sometimes the inappropriate word filter can be strange. I have had things saying inappropriate and I cannot see why.

retalin
08-14-11, 09:49 AM
@ kooky panda. I have an response and the ticket number, thanks for your care. The Inappropriate word thing is funny, cause I posted Kraut (could be an bad word for germans, but its an absolutely normal word in the language) and Sauerkraut on its own on my wall and there wasn't a problem.

kooky panda
08-14-11, 12:11 PM
@ kooky panda. I have an response and the ticket number, thanks for your care. The Inappropriate word thing is funny, cause I posted Kraut (could be an bad word for germans, but its an absolutely normal word in the language) and Sauerkraut on its own on my wall and there wasn't a problem.

well i had to try it. I posted both words on my own wall and I did get that both were inappropriate. (i guess I have been saying some naughty words!!!lol)

retalin
08-14-11, 02:05 PM
Thanks for all,a half hour ago, I played Farm Story, and it worked,so I changed hopefully to Fashion Story, and it was for nothing, but I can't thank you enough for your attention.

swiep07
08-14-11, 02:13 PM
You can't use the umlaut, once I tried to message a German nbr. And when I used an 'a' instead of an '?' I could send the message :)

retalin
08-15-11, 03:57 AM
@swiep 07: Thanks, I take a look if it works. It could be cause I write often with german, dutch and danish people.

swiep07
08-15-11, 04:08 AM
Yeah, I'm Dutch too. Also talking to German people!

retalin
08-15-11, 04:08 AM
I am absolutely surprised, it works !!! That's fantastic, thank you. I think its even a bug, cause I'm blocked by using the ultimative evil Umlaut's (?,?,?), but now I can handle it. Thanks, thanks, thanks, thousand kisses to you all which attention was on this thread.

swiep07
08-15-11, 04:13 AM
:D Ich bin froh, dass ich helfen konnte :D

sterlingempire
08-15-11, 04:18 AM
Kraut is a rude and offensive word. Not appropriate for the forums.

xokay
08-15-11, 05:29 AM
Looking into this, I see that it can be seen as a derogatory slang for Germans. On the other hand, I feel like the original poster clearly didn't mean for it to be offensive, and was trying to use it innocently. Still, it is considered inappropriate in the language filter of the game so I would use the entire word (sauerkraut) in the future so that you can be sure no one will take it the wrong way. :)