PDA

View Full Version : watering animals?

mushroom79
08-14-11, 07:21 AM
What rewards are obtained when nbrs water your animals? Like rabbits, raccoons etc those animals from boxes can be watered!!

hectorloch
08-14-11, 07:40 AM
None to the owner. The advantage to you, the waterer, is that it counts towards assessing your Community Rating - the five star levels 0 to 4 which show how active a nbr and community member you are. The higher the rating, the more attractive you will become to others when choosing new nbr's or who to visit. Then, as you you know, more tangible benefits flow your way like more money per crop, extra XP's ...

Unique thing about these particular animals is that unlike the trees and plants, the next visitor can also water them. Having said that, I have a nbr I visit and I can only water one but not both of her peacocks. There may be other inconsistencies and if so there's a good chance they'll show up below in other member posts to the thread you've started :)

scrappybug
08-14-11, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=hectorloch;110427]None to the owner. The advantage to you, the waterer, is that it counts towards assessing your Community Rating - the five star levels 0 to 4 which show how active a nbr and community member you are. The higher the rating, the more attractive you will become to others when choosing new nbr's or who to visit. Then, as you you know, more tangible benefits flow your way like more money per crop, extra XP's ...

can TL fix this? so that we - the owner can get xp too? I get a little fustrated when I get a post that says " I watered your animals for you" like they did something wonderful, and I'm sure they think they did. ~ but I'm thinking "wow thanks for nothing"

hectorloch
08-14-11, 11:32 PM
You could put it on one of the "Suggestion" threads that come out from time to time. But what annoys you (i think) is more the action of your nbr than the game makeup. I would agree it's a bit mean to visit someone, water a teddy bear and ignore the crops. Dump them if they continue and you continue to feel annoyed - this is a game of choices, your choices. On the other hand, I have to say, if I visit and the farm is full, it's always something the visitor can do rather than just writing "Full" on the Wall :)

babalamub
08-15-11, 03:05 PM
someone mentioned that that the higher rating you are the more money you get. I have a 4 star rating and i don't get any more money than someone else? please tell me the differences because i am not seeing it.

sterlingempire
08-15-11, 03:07 PM
Ive had this issue before. Quite bugging, if you ask me.

hectorloch
08-15-11, 03:18 PM
someone mentioned that that the higher rating you are the more money you get. I have a 4 star rating and i don't get any more money than someone else? please tell me the differences because i am not seeing it.

Of itself, that's not so - you don't get (or lose) any money from your Community Rating. What you read might have been that the effect of a high Community Rating is likely to make you attractive to new nbrs and also casual visitors because you may notice that when you access the Community List, the 4 star members appear top of the list. And of course the more nbrs and others visiting, the more watering you get - and for every plant watered you get a modest coin increase in the harvest fee as well as extra XP.

hectorloch
08-16-11, 07:22 AM
Moving on (but on the same subject) I visit a two peacock site - yes, it's Sissy - and I can water one peacock but not the other. Same thing happened yesterday where there were two Tenacious Oxen - I could water one but not the other. The same Farm also had three jackrabbits and I could water each no problem. Anyone ?

kooky panda
08-16-11, 07:32 AM
Moving on (but on the same subject) I visit a two peacock site - yes, it's Sissy - and I can water one peacock but not the other. Same thing happened yesterday where there were two Tenacious Oxen - I could water one but not the other. The same Farm also had three jackrabbits and I could water each no problem. Anyone ?

Maybe TL changed where once animal watered until person collects it no one else can water that animal???
Rabbits have been out a while...peacock and oxen are newer,

hectorloch
08-16-11, 08:00 AM
mmmm .... happened more than once; just tried again and neither of them would water now. So, your theory of until collected may well be so.

Yes, the rabbit and the labrador were the first - introduced together.

canacanacana
08-16-11, 09:51 PM
I've noticed that if you water animals, even though it subtracts the 10 or 5 that you can water, if you return that same day (even a few mins later), the 5 or 10 are still available and won't go away until you've actually watered crops or trees. So basically if you get to a farm that is full but has animals, it's not a waste of your time to go there.

Just like the neighbor bonus of XP or coins you receive for stopping by. So the only loss from watering animals, to the farm you're visiting, is if you don't check back later to water crops or you water animals instead.

Once I noticed the 5 or 10 doesn't go away if you water animals, I decided that I would only water animals if the farm was full. It's actually a good thing if you have this info. Everybody still has the opportunity to benefit from your visit- eventually if you go back and water their crops/trees. Hope this helps.

I do find it difficult not to water the border collies sometimes though! 
Please bring back the border collie so I can buy a bunch for puppytown!!!

mushroom79
08-19-11, 08:14 AM
i usually water the crops and trees of my nbrs, but unless they are full totally only would i water the animals. I thought the owner get some incentives, like when the "collect" from the animals, they can collect more, just like the plants Could TL do that? Or just remove the feature of watering animals?

AbbyBites
08-28-11, 02:42 PM
The best thing about watering the animals is that upon watering, several of them then look like they're peeing. An amusing boon to us immature folk.

kooky panda
08-28-11, 02:44 PM
I agree. I like keeping animals out so when there is no crops to water at least someone does not feel that they have wasted their time coming to visit.
but I do prefer if ppl hit my crops first.