PDA

View Full Version : Oh look! Another gem victim!

Shirra24
08-13-11, 09:43 AM
So I'm clearing my catalog, putting my ready items out in my store, when after going through 19 slots of the same button pushes, I accidently purchase an extra slot for 25 gems. I know you people will NEVER give me back my gems. You'll think, oh well you dumb idiot it's just a game but hey at least you have more incentive to give me money for gems, right? Can I have your money now please??

You know, with all your obvious wisdom in pop-ups (seriously, these games have more pop-ups than the entire internet in the 90s), you THINK that you could include a pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to purchase (item) for (#) gems?" But no, you happily let your green skin show through.

Hope you feel good about yourselves!!

kikboutique
08-14-11, 06:08 PM
I hear ya. I've done this a few times and have now vowed not to buy anymore gems. I didn't mind paying for them when I could actually use them for intended purchases, but a few 'mistakes' and I'm done. Just not worth it when they disappear so quickly. Bummer.

bobbyrae
08-14-11, 06:16 PM
Sigh...i just lost 30 gems/city cash accidentally myself. So not amusing. :(

Mogwai4111
08-14-11, 06:16 PM
you THINK that you could include a pop-up that says "Are you sure you want to purchase (item) for (#) gems?" But no, you happily let your green skin show through.

Hope you feel good about yourselves!!

We KNOW TL is capable of a confirmation pop-up, you get one everytime you try to sell a decoration, they've just decided it is in their best interest not to add one when purchasing things with gems.

hippoberry
08-14-11, 06:26 PM
(seriously, these games have more pop-ups than the entire internet in the 90s) Lol

Seriously though, I feel the same way. It happened to me yesterday actually, and I thought I had already blossomed into a connoisseur of tentative button tapping. I wish they weren't so eager to part you with the gems you've ever so painstakingly accumulated - I understand it might encourage more gem sales or somehow balance the gem economy, but its irritating for those who actually put cash in the game and instead of getting reimbursed, hear a lecture " Oh, shoulda' been more careful !".

hippoberry
08-14-11, 06:29 PM
We KNOW TL is capable of a confirmation pop-up, you get one everytime you try to sell a decoration, they've just decided it is in their best interest not to add one when purchasing things with gems.

Out of curiosity - have they addressed this 'decision' straight out before ? I tried to find the thread before but failed miserably.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 07:04 PM
My Method:1.)Choose The Projected Amount You Want To Utilize. 2.)Use Only ITunes GiftCards Or Other Simular Forms Of Currency. 3.)Deplete The In-Game Currency Immediately With Your Desireable Purchases. 4.)This Leaves No Room For Being Trapped. 5.) It Works For Me and May Not For You. 6.)This Rule Doesn't Apply If You Do Not Purchase Gems Regularly And Work Hard At Earning Yours. 7.) Arm Yourself With Obstacle Awareness. 8.)Continue To Voice ALL This Thru Email And At This Forum. 9.)Better Changes For Consumers Do And Can Exist.

mcgee22
08-14-11, 07:40 PM
Yep same here. Just did the same thing myself. Catalog was open so when I came in from the welcome screen, guess what I clicked! Stupid add more slots thing! Can't they just confirm their gem purchases!???? So annoying!

evenstarbakery
08-14-11, 07:49 PM
I lost 40 gems this way, sent an email to team lava and never heard back. I will never spend a penny on their precious gems and don't even feel much like playing these games anymore.

sliczna
08-14-11, 07:55 PM
This has happened to me twice. Definitely want a confirmation pop-up.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 08:07 PM
Use The Same Method Of Campaign As The "GNOME" Model For A Faster Change In Policy.

hectorloch
08-14-11, 11:09 PM
My Method:1.)Choose The Projected Amount You Want To Utilize. 2.)Use Only ITunes GiftCards Or Other Simular Forms Of Currency. 3.)Deplete The In-Game Currency Immediately With Your Desireable Purchases. 4.)This Leaves No Room For Being Trapped. 5.) It Works For Me and May Not For You. 6.)This Rule Doesn't Apply If You Do Not Purchase Gems Regularly And Work Hard At Earning Yours. 7.) Arm Yourself With Obstacle Awareness. 8.)Continue To Voice ALL This Thru Email And At This Forum. 9.)Better Changes For Consumers Do And Can Exist.

All good advice to those who buy. Your No 6 of course is where this really hurts though. It's bad enough losing gems you bought on something you didn't want or intend but for the player who has painstakingly built up gems through play, it must be heartbreaking.

It's poor PR by TL. I can't believe they gain much through the errors - and the same gems get spent eventually.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:22 PM
I know it might have seemed a negative but it was not intended that way, the other half of my friends spend countless hours working hard to earn them between cooking,children,husbands,lovers,housework,employm ent,life in general and cut out time periods to devote it to these series, so obviously my rules don't apply in the beginning portion for them,only the later half does. it is all heartbreaking.....I want to see successful changes immediately,I have belief it will come soon if the right steps are taken. Lava Develops Into Basalt if Not Continuosly Heated. If Perpetuation Of A Cold Element Persists It Will Over It's User.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:29 PM
Typo Meant Overtake it's User. All I Want In The End Is A Peaceful And Protective Solution For All. Balance Benefits Benevolence. The More Informed A Gamer Is The Move He Or She Can Navigate Thru The Pitfalls While Voicing Effective Change Thru A Particular Company's Policy Or Belief System.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:31 PM
If Things Can Be Changed For A Virtual Commodity As Our Little Gnome, Imagine What We All Can Do For Ourselves.

hectorloch
08-14-11, 11:37 PM
I know it might have seemed a negative .....

:) not to me. I thought it was a good plan for a buyer.

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:40 PM
Danke Hectorloch

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:46 PM
Change is Always Constant. Without it Stagnation Occurs. Toxicity Builds.
Funny Thing About Names....You Embody And Evolve Into The Two Factions Of It's Meaning....Finding Balance Is Key.
Being Hawaiian,Lava Needs Heat To Produce.It Is Not Self Generated. It Relies On It's Source For Continuance.
I Will Repeat The Model Campaign Of The GNOME Or A Realizationists Equivalency Are A Perfect Start To Continue A Positive Flow For All....

Hawaiianmomma
08-14-11, 11:56 PM
Subaerial Sheild Building Stages Are Quite Non Purposeful For All Of Us



mcgee22
08-15-11, 07:32 AM
Use The Same Method Of Campaign As The "GNOME" Model For A Faster Change In Policy.

What was done for that? I didn't follow it because I don't play in the farm game. But something needs to be done. There's s lot of people that are upset a out this same thing.