PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Quests!

jaid666
08-12-11, 01:54 PM
I'm running the latest version of Zoo Story on an Android phone.

Ok, so I downloaded the new manual update for ZS today and I've been doing quests just so I can get rid of the annoying icons. Unfortunately I've got one now that repeatedly resets the tallies so it can't be repeated. The quest is called "Get Social" and requires that i visit 2 other, non-neighbor zoos, invite 2 users using their storm8 IDs and send two 3-Energy packs to current neighbors. Unfortunately every time I get 2/3 tasks completed, I'll move on to trying to do the last remaining task and the whole thing resets itself.

I've tried doing them in different orders, and I absolutely refuse to spend gems just to skip an annoying thing like this. Oh and I've also tried closing and reopening the app, as well as restarting my device.

Any chance someone can tell me how to fix this or when it might be fixed??

Swiminn6
08-12-11, 06:52 PM
Ill mention this to the team. But in the mean time can you give us more details about the device your using?

dracoinc
08-13-11, 09:14 AM
I just downloaded it and I am having the same problems. Like the neighbor quest. I add two and it resets and same for the Rhino quests. I have an Andriod on a Mytouch phone. Thanks.

squidmo
08-22-11, 01:02 AM
Same problem here too. All quests reset if you leave the game, and most reset randomly within a few minutes of play. Right now I've got a quest to build a first aid station (which is frustrating, because I already had one when I was given the quest, which I consider a bug as well), with the first step being to buy a first aid station. Well, I bought another one, and it's under construction, but the quest has reset itself, so now I imagine I'll be stuck on this one until the bug is fixed, because there is no way to buy a first aid station and complete it within a few minutes.

Hardware: LG Optimus V
Platform: Android
Version: Zoo Story 1.0.3

cutsycat
09-02-11, 01:35 PM
I have the same problem as well. The get social request constantly resets and some of it doesn't appear to take at all. The rhinocerous one where you're supposed to grow cabbage and asparagus and lettuce just reset, so now I'll have to grow more cabbage to complete it. Does it all need to be completed within minutes of each other or something?

I have an android phone. It is the g2 from t-mobile.

Rachael98
09-02-11, 01:38 PM
I'm assuming it's a bug then. When GG passes it on, hopefully TL can get a fix. In the meantime, I'm personally sorry for the problems you're encountering.

kooky panda
09-02-11, 02:46 PM
I'm assuming it's a bug then. When GG passes it on, hopefully TL can get a fix. In the meantime, I'm personally sorry for the problems you're encountering.

Actually looks like swim the Zoo mod passed this on

beartaco
10-09-11, 02:30 PM
I'm also having this issue. Using a Droid running 2.2.2

kooky panda
10-09-11, 03:03 PM
the quest/task issues should be been fixed. You will need to delete your current game and redownload it from the app store. If you are still having a problem with the tasks, please come post here

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games

Rachael98
10-09-11, 03:19 PM
Actually looks like swim the Zoo mod passed this on

As this thread got pushed up anyway-I meant S6 really:o!

beartaco
10-09-11, 06:27 PM
the quest/task issues should be been fixed.

When was the fix? I just downloaded the game today

kooky panda
10-09-11, 06:30 PM
I believe it was Friday. What task/quest are you having a problem with?

beartaco
10-09-11, 06:40 PM
I believe it was Friday. What task/quest are you having a problem with?
Get Social. It'll check things off in each individual part as I do them, but before I can complete all 3 parts, it resets all of them back to 0.

kooky panda
10-09-11, 06:44 PM
Try deleting the game and redown it again. If you still cannot get past this task, please come and post here http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games GM will need to know your game, your device and which tasks you are having issues with.

ariesblu
10-12-11, 11:58 PM
These quests are still an issue. I just downloaded this game, and the 'Get Social' quests keeps resetting, as well as the 'Is that a Rhino?' quest. Will post back if others are an issue as well.

ariesblu
10-16-11, 01:03 AM
Visitor Services in ZS is also resetting.

Rachael98
10-16-11, 02:20 AM
Visitor Services in ZS is also resetting.

Post it here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games), with the game, game version, device, OS Version etc.

jaiperi
10-17-11, 08:57 AM
the quest/task issues should be been fixed. You will need to delete your current game and redownload it from the app store. If you are still having a problem with the tasks, please come post here

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games

I hesitate to call the problem fixed - since it still isn't recognizing that I have the 3 benches and 1 table purchased for the Patty O'Furniture quest... and I don't think I can buy a second rhino enclosure... How do we get credits for the things we purchased?

jaiperi
10-17-11, 09:15 AM
Hi Team Lava;

Hi Team Lava;

My Storm ID is JaiPeri
My phone is a Samsung Infuse ? the battery is fully charged
Playing the games over secured home WiFi.
Zoo Story Zoo Name: jai peri zoo
Level: 12
# Neighbors: 4

I just checked the "Get Social" quest in Zoo Story and it is still resetting. Here are the steps I followed:

1. I visited a zoo.
2. Checked the quest ? it was registered.
3. Visited another zoo ? step marked as completed.
4. Next step was to invite neighbors using Storm8 ID. I entered both Ids with no problems.
5. Checked the quest to make sure everything was still good to go. No it wasn?t ? all the values had been reset to zero.

I am NOT going to spend coins to test the others - That just doesn't make sense!

Jai

kooky panda
10-17-11, 09:17 AM
There is still a problem with the tasks for androids. Please come post your information on this thread. TL is currently working on this issue.

jaiperi
10-17-11, 09:21 AM
Zoo Story 1.0.3 is the version I'm running... the phone is a samsung sgh-I997, firmware ver 2.2.1, baseband ver I977UCKE3, Kernel ver 2.6.32.9, build # FROYO.UCKE3

Jai

kooky panda
10-17-11, 09:51 AM
Zoo Story 1.0.3 is the version I'm running... the phone is a samsung sgh-I997, firmware ver 2.2.1, baseband ver I977UCKE3, Kernel ver 2.6.32.9, build # FROYO.UCKE3

Jai

Oh I am sorry I was unclear , can you post your information and the name of the task you are having problems with(and game)

on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games

ariesblu
10-17-11, 12:14 PM
Post it here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18344-Master-list-of-All-Tasks(not-collectibles)-for-All-Games), with the game, game version, device, OS Version etc.
If you see, I actually did post it there first, but posted it here as well because that thread hasn't been updated.