PDA

View Full Version : Why?!

CampingTime
08-12-11, 12:46 PM
I am becoming irritated with this game...

It looks like the tuxedo cat is being offered as the "free" gift with a gem purchase, right? I AM seeing the turnips, leeks, and mystical ruins pop up, but no offer for the cat.

Weeks ago, when there was an offer for the orange cat, I never received it. At that time, I sent a message to TL and waited two weeks for a reply which, upon receiving it, was told that the offers are not made to everyone!

What?!

I have received alpaca, multiple dog, dragon, knight, and possibly other offers that escape me at the moment. I wanted none of these. What I want is a cat and would gladly buy the gems for one.

This leads me to one of two possibilities of what is going on with TL.

1. If they are indeed not making the offer to everyone, they have no clue how good business works. If this is their business paradigm, it baffles me and, I have no doubt, most smart businessmen. What if Apple only offered iPods or iPads to certain people?

2. This "We do not make the same offer to everyone" is a smokescreen, or company line, they use to cover up the fact that the game is riddled with glitches. Sadly, I am beginning to suspect this.

I hope someone at TL realizes they are fixing to lose a customer who has repeatedly spent money on gems times in the past, and truly likes the game, which is sad.

yanochka
08-12-11, 01:20 PM
It took a while, but I just got my cat pop-up. Hope it will be the same for you. I didn't get knight offer last week.

MiniLaura
08-12-11, 01:22 PM
I don't think it's #2--they have consistently NOT given the same offers to everyone. Gem sales are random (some people may get a 40% off offer--others only 10%) and even the "free gift with purchase" offers vary. When the orange tabby was offered, some people got $5 cats and others (like me) got $10 cats.

But does that necessarily mean it's #1? I don't think so. Limited sales encourage people to purchase when a sale is given. People have the tendency to think, "oh I better jump on this while I have the chance."

royalsecret
08-12-11, 01:23 PM
I understand your situation exactly.
I love fashion story very much, and I don't mind to spend some money and support to TeamLava for their great creation of the game, but it is unfair and unreasonable to make "we do not to make the same offer to everyone",especially some gifts that some one even have no chance to look at...
I have not received the update for the beautiful fountain that was a free gift with gem purchase few weeks ago. And I am sooooooo disappointed, so now I won't put much passion on the game, and won't pay much on it, so that I won't so disappointed any more.
May be you could do the same?
Hehe, just a suggestion.

CampingTime
08-12-11, 05:14 PM
I don't think it's #2--they have consistently NOT given the same offers to everyone. Gem sales are random (some people may get a 40% off offer--others only 10%) and even the "free gift with purchase" offers vary. When the orange tabby was offered, some people got $5 cats and others (like me) got $10 cats.

But does that necessarily mean it's #1? I don't think so. Limited sales encourage people to purchase when a sale is given. People have the tendency to think, "oh I better jump on this while I have the chance."

I hear what you are saying about the percentage off offers, but the difference between those and this one is that I have noticed those rotate around. If you do not receive it right now, wait long enough and you will. I have seen four different levels of discount multiple times. If TL would do that with the "free" items, there would be no problem but, from what I have seen so far, it appears they are one time deals. Slight difference there. That would also tend to preclude the "jump on when you have the chance" theory. Some people are not even able to jump...

Quite a poor way to do business...

CampingTime
08-12-11, 05:16 PM
I understand your situation exactly.
I love fashion story very much, and I don't mind to spend some money and support to TeamLava for their great creation of the game, but it is unfair and unreasonable to make "we do not to make the same offer to everyone",especially some gifts that some one even have no chance to look at...
I have not received the update for the beautiful fountain that was a free gift with gem purchase few weeks ago. And I am sooooooo disappointed, so now I won't put much passion on the game, and won't pay much on it, so that I won't so disappointed any more.
May be you could do the same?
Hehe, just a suggestion.

Royalsecret, you are reading my mind! 

ipaddolo
08-13-11, 12:33 AM
i am in the same situation of you, i didnt get both the cats and also it's 3 weeks i dont get any offer in Restaurant Story, which *was* my favourite game. Considering i spent more than 300 € in the last months for these games i agree it's a very strange business model: the effect they got it's i play with a lot less interest. i dont mind the lottery of the chests, but i dont like at all the "suspence" about the free gift offer. royalsecret is right, i am myself too in the situation i will not be disappointed any more.

CampingTime
08-13-11, 11:35 AM
i am in the same situation of you, i didnt get both the cats and also it's 3 weeks i dont get any offer in Restaurant Story, which *was* my favourite game. Considering i spent more than 300 ? in the last months for these games i agree it's a very strange business model: the effect they got it's i play with a lot less interest. i dont mind the lottery of the chests, but i dont like at all the "suspence" about the free gift offer. royalsecret is right, i am myself too in the situation i will not be disappointed any more.

Agreed. What rhyme or reason is there to that? I am not fond of the lottery of the chests but have overall been able to open enough of them to find level 2 items that are decent. Right now, with that, there is at least a chance, but my chances on the two cats are at zero.

I truly wish Magma or someone truly in the know would stop by and provide the reasoning for this arcane system of how TL offers the "gifts."