PDA

View Full Version : Do you tip all of your neighbors?

bgk46
08-12-11, 09:15 AM
Does anyone ever just tip those with 3 or 4 stars?

bgk46
08-12-11, 09:30 AM
To clarify, I tip all of mine...

sissy8
08-12-11, 09:41 AM
i tip everyone , i even go back when it is full:o

jaid666
08-12-11, 12:56 PM
I used to tip all, but after awhile it became too time consuming and I started to tip just 3 or 4 stars. When after about a month I came to the realization that the time and effort I was putting into still tipping was for the most part wasted I sorta gave up. Now I tend to avoid tipping unless a neighbor stops by first, daily gifts are worth alot more anyway. :)

sissy8
08-12-11, 03:00 PM
the point is you need good neighbours, and that you do by selecting, in my case tree days no visite without a reason i am sorry i trow them out:rolleyes::rolleyes:
such a wasted of time:cool:

di1975
08-12-11, 07:56 PM
the point is you need good neighbours, and that you do by selecting, in my case tree days no visite without a reason i am sorry i trow them out:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yup! About sums it up. I try to look for message on their wall first.

bgk46
08-13-11, 03:49 AM
How do you know if someone doesn't visit for three days? Everyone doesn't leave a message and the news feed only holds so many.

briguynv
08-13-11, 05:46 AM
I am learning just how time consuming tipping almost every neighbor is... right now, I'm skipping the few people who haven't tipped me in a few days or more. But I realized that it literally takes me 3-4 hours to tip 90-95% of my neighbors (I do have a lot between the games)... but that's WAY too long spent tipping, when I'd rather be doing other things... both in game and out!! I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it at all. At least gifting I can do in a few mins for everyone!

di1975
08-13-11, 07:09 AM
How do you know if someone doesn't visit for three days? Everyone doesn't leave a message and the news feed only holds so many.

I play enough that I am pretty sure they don't. My new feed isn't usually full. But good point. I don't leave messages. Maybe that's why they don't tip back. Of course, I tip everyone everyday, whether they have tipped or not. By keeping only 50-60 neighbors and not leaving messages, I currently have time to tip. If you don't, i suggest keeping only20-30 good neighbors. You can only keep 20 gifts daily anyway;)

tiantiansmart
08-13-11, 07:33 AM
With 147 nbrs, I don't tip 'em all...

3squares
08-14-11, 10:15 AM
I now have too many neighbors to tip each one every day. (130) I am trying to weed out freeloaders. I keep some neighbors even if they have zero stars if they've been sending food or tipping ME, or if they're at a low level in the game. Usually I've been tipping half my neighbors each day. I always tip back.

queenrocks77
08-14-11, 11:33 AM
yes. everyday

lolololo318
08-15-11, 09:47 AM
i only add people with 3-4 stars now, so many people dont even tip back. i do tip all my neighbors and i remove people when they havent tipped back 2-3 straight days (and i see that they've been cooking and clearing their tables for more tips)

sissy8
08-15-11, 02:25 PM
when you play everyday you know that:o

tfjafar
08-17-11, 06:51 AM
I tip all my neighbors. I weed out all 0 rating deadbeats. Having a zero rating there's no excuse. Obviously they tip no one. Seems to be common issue in RS. Not so bad in Bakery. Takes me half hour with 82 neighbors. I won't post that i had tipped. its under news anyhow who tipped you. If i post every neighbor that i tip it would take over an hour.

To all you Deadbeat "0" star rating. No excuses your /removed

dewey1025
08-17-11, 05:06 PM

Good neighbors are so few and far between... I have tipped every one and went back to get those that were full pretty much since I started, and I don't tip from my wall or by star rating because I realized that some people changed rating during the time I tip. I gotta tell you, it's pretty tiring... I keep a running log my neighbors, and I record all tips and gifts. I have been cycling through neighbors, and deleting the ones that don't tip or just keep sending you stuff you don't want even when you've asked and they said they will several times. You'd think that by continuously monitoring neighbors and deleting the dead weights, you'd start refining your list some. But since I started keeping track, only about 60% of my neighbors tip me back on any given day. Some tip back periodically, some don't bother. In the end, I only have 5-6 good neighbors, and I hardly ever come across one despite cycling through so many bad apples.

I don't understand... I keep a note widget and write down all my friends gift requests and tip daily, but rarely do I receive what I give. I've tried just tipping back, but my personality didn't allow me. I guess most people just don't care enough, but I think every task you do, be it a game, should be done with effort and integrity or not done at all. But that's just me.

but I'll tell you what, it's really tiring sometimes. I have a running log of my neighbors, and I record gifts and tips every day. I don't even bother

dewey1025
08-17-11, 05:08 PM
I tip all my neighbors. I weed out all 0 rating deadbeats. Having a zero rating there's no excuse. Obviously they tip no one. Seems to be common issue in RS. Not so bad in Bakery. Takes me half hour with 82 neighbors. I won't post that i had tipped. its under news anyhow who tipped you. If i post every neighbor that i tip it would take over an hour.

I post every neighbor just because some people tip off their wall... I know, it sucks. So inefficient. I don't understand why they only have ten spots...

dewey1025
08-17-11, 05:14 PM
Good neighbors are so few and far between... I have tipped every one and went back to get those that were full pretty much since I started, and I don't tip from my wall or by star rating because I realized that some people changed rating during the time I tip. I gotta tell you, it's pretty tiring... I keep a running log my neighbors, and I record all tips and gifts. I have been cycling through neighbors, and deleting the ones that don't tip or just keep sending you stuff you don't want even when you've asked and they said they will several times. You'd think that by continuously monitoring neighbors and deleting the dead weights, you'd start refining your list some. But since I started keeping track, only about 60% of my neighbors tip me back on any given day. Some tip back periodically, some don't bother. In the end, I only have 5-6 good neighbors, and I hardly ever come across one despite cycling through so many bad apples.

I don't understand... I keep a note widget and write down all my friends gift requests and tip daily, but rarely do I receive what I give. I've tried just tipping back, but my personality didn't allow me. I guess most people just don't care enough, but I think every task you do, be it a game, should be done with effort and integrity or not done at all. But that's just me.

I don't care about star rating -- my running log tells it all. I'll tell you what, there are more 4 stars than you think who just tip enough to maintain 4 stars, but they'll continue to pick up your tips every day. Those people only care about getting more tips and neighbors because of their star status, if you ask me. If you go with just the star rating, you're probably supporting parasites unknowingly. On the other hand, I have 2 star neighbors who tip often and gift what I want.

blondhorse
08-18-11, 01:01 AM
I used to tip all neighbors each day (still do when time allows). I had 100+ neighbors but now have got ridden of those that don't tip or gift back....especially the ones who write on my wall "demanding" tips without ever tips or gifts (that really irritates me). I now add neighbors no matter level or star rating...but delete if they do not tip or gift within a week. I have some wonderful neighbors now who I dedicate my time to with tips :-)

briguynv
08-18-11, 03:03 AM

My issue is it doesn't always appear under news... if I get numerous gifts and/or requests, plus quite a few tips while sleeping... they drop off the list. I've had man days where there are nowhere near enough names on my news feed that correspond to the tips left... so I have no clue who tipped me or not. So yeah, it takes a lot longer, but I leave a "6" or "t", etc on everyone's wall that I tip... something so they KNOW I was there. I wish everyone did, or I wish they would make the news feed longer, so I know who tipped.

Bogiefurret
08-18-11, 07:49 AM
I tip all neighbors and try gift them if I can everyday. Accept requests first.

tfjafar
08-19-11, 06:01 AM
My issue is it doesn't always appear under news... if I get numerous gifts and/or requests, plus quite a few tips while sleeping... they drop off the list. I've had man days where there are nowhere near enough names on my news feed that correspond to the tips left... so I have no clue who tipped me or not. So yeah, it takes a lot longer, but I leave a "6" or "t", etc on everyone's wall that I tip... something so they KNOW I was there. I wish everyone did, or I wish they would make the news feed longer, so I know who tipped.

Yeah i just started yesterday posting that I've tipped and it made difference. Actually i picked up a few more neighbors just from posting. Takes a bit longer though

quentinsmommy
08-24-11, 09:22 AM
I tip everyday, but only ones with three or four star ratings. I've cleaned out all the 2 star or less neighbors and the ones obviously aren't playing anymore.

sesami
08-24-11, 11:50 AM
Tipping is becoming cumbersome to me. I like the game and enjoy playing it, but sometimes the tipping takes up too much time and it is not fun to me. It feels more like a chore. I don't see why there has to be 6 things of tip on the tables. Well, obviously it's so it takes up more of our time. But it would be a lot better if you could combine the worth of all tips in one single tip! That saves a lot of time tapping away for both parties.

Also, how about a way to push a left/right button on the side of the screen to go to the next neighbor (when you're already looking at a neighbor's shop), and have an option to sort them by either alphabetical or star rating order? Instead of clicking the bottom right, going to social, going to neighborhood, then scrolling through the list of names. EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is really time consuming and annoying!! I don't know if this is a design flaw or if it was purposely done this way to waste time (wouldn't surprise me with all those gem traps).

Can we just take out the tedious parts and make the game more "fun" and less "daily repetitive chores that are slowing sucking the life away from the game"? I don't mind tipping my neighbors at all, I think its a great idea, but it really doesn't feel that way when I don't have a good internet connection or going through all those menus and sometimes going to the same neighbor twice because I forgot which one I was on. Make it so neighbors that have been tipped are on a different tab or all the way at the bottom. No need to have so many steps in trying to do something simple thats suppose to be fun.

d1fferen7
12-13-15, 07:22 AM
I cannot tip my 303 neighbors... It's just too many people.

Rynetory2
12-13-15, 07:41 AM
Pls DO NOT bump up old threads.

Closing this thread.