PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get only ONE quest at a time instead of three??

briguynv
08-11-11, 06:58 PM
I tried asking about this in another thread with multiple issues, but I don't think people will see this part of it, so I figured I should ask again with the new title, to be more specific.

I play 2 games of BS and RS each... one each on iPhone, and one each on iTouch. Both games on my iPhone offer 3 quests at a time. My Touch offers 3 quests on RS... but on BS, it only gives me ONE quest... although once, 2 other quests showed up when I touched that area, but they were invisible. Now they are gone again, even if I touch the area. Unfortunately, the one quest that is up now, I'll never complete, because it requires gems, so I won't ever do it... that means I can't ever do other quests. I just don't understand WHY only one shows up JUST on this game, when 3 shows up everywhere else.

So I am wondering if anyone else only gets one quest at a time? To know if it's just me or not?

sissy8
08-12-11, 04:00 AM
i think it's just you;)

cakeandpie
08-12-11, 09:51 PM
It's not just you; I only have one quest as well. And wish I could make that one go away. Or at the very least, make the flashing "new" arrow go away!!!

Mogwai4111
08-12-11, 09:53 PM
Us Androiders get zero quests at a time, so try to take solace in the one you do get ;)

LanokaHarbor
08-12-11, 09:55 PM
I, too have the same problem....one quest, that requires me to spend 5 gems to complete a 3 hour item. Absurd?
---------------------

City Story players want our rivers back! Please help! Click here!
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16296-If-you-want-the-RIVER-MASTERIES-back-please-read-and-POST

cakeandpie
08-12-11, 09:56 PM
Absurd, but not as absurd as the quest in restaurant story that wants you to spend 5 gems to instantly complete a 5 MINUTE item!

briguynv
08-12-11, 11:04 PM
At least now I know I'm not the only one. But I wish TL could explain this. Why does my iphone have 3, but my touch only get 1... except the one time two invisible ones showed up when I touched that area... I actually like the quests, cuz I do most of the requirements anyway, cooking ones anyway, so it's cool to get the extra coins & points... but now I'll never be able to do another one, because I refuse to spend gems to complete it! Give me the other 2 quests... so I can complete those to open room for new ones!!

LanokaHarbor
08-12-11, 11:18 PM
Absurd, but not as absurd as the quest in restaurant story that wants you to spend 5 gems to instantly complete a 5 MINUTE item!

Well here is something interesting.....I didn't get any quests with restaurant story...!
I play on an iPad.

---------------------

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16296-If-you-want-the-RIVER-MASTERIES-back-please-read-and-POST

Jbug2116
08-13-11, 07:25 AM
If the quests are the icons with the flashing NEW arrows on the left of the screen, I am on Android and had gotten them with the update before the ramen and pork buns...I have a kinda random question if anyone can answer it: On the messages menu, there are now four tabs...does anyone now what that blank tab is?

kooky panda
08-13-11, 07:37 AM

I have not quests in a while on bakery so I do not know if it has changed , but when I got this quest, instead of using 5 gems to complete, I had an option to skip task for 1 gem.
I am not sure if this option is still there.

kooky panda
08-13-11, 07:55 AM
At least now I know I'm not the only one. But I wish TL could explain this. Why does my iphone have 3, but my touch only get 1... except the one time two invisible ones showed up when I touched that area... I actually like the quests, cuz I do most of the requirements anyway, cooking ones anyway, so it's cool to get the extra coins & points... but now I'll never be able to do another one, because I refuse to spend gems to complete it! Give me the other 2 quests... so I can complete those to open room for new ones!!

Can u post a picture of your screen showing icons? since I did not have the tasks I am having a hard time following what you are talking about on the invisible ones???

kooky panda
08-13-11, 07:56 AM
Well here is something interesting.....I didn't get any quests with restaurant story...!
I play on an iPad.

---------------------

the tasks are not available to all players at this time.

youtoolazygline
08-14-11, 12:47 PM
i lost mine :( how do i get it back? did it came back once u start skipping it with gems? coz mine did :/

di1975
08-14-11, 01:10 PM
Can u post a picture of your screen showing icons? since I did not have the tasks I am having a hard time following what you are talking about on the invisible ones???

Maybe they can, but you won't see anything ;) The place the quests should be are blank...but if you touch there, the quest info will pop-up.

My son had quests on RS...on his touch. There was only one quest we knew of until the annoying NEW buttons appeared. Then we clicked on the spot the quests should have been and the popups came up. So he could see one but never the other two.

I know the quests finally run out. Maybe the blank ones aren't there anymore cuz you finished all the ones in that slot. I'm pretty sure each slot has it's own quests. When you complete all the quests in the second slot, that slot disappears, I think.

blondhorse
08-14-11, 11:18 PM
I have not quests in a while on bakery so I do not know if it has changed , but when I got this quest, instead of using 5 gems to complete, I had an option to skip task for 1 gem.
Yes, its still available :-) which is the best option for the absurd ones lol

briguynv
08-18-11, 03:28 AM
First, like di1975 said, a screenshot wouldn't really show much, as there's nothing there. lol Plus, if I click on the little "camera" in the game, ALL the extra stuff disappears, like the coin total, "main" and the quests... so they wouldn't show up, unless I actually took a photo OF my ipod screen. I tried to look thru and find someone's bakery that shows the bubbles/arrows, but couldn't find any yet, probably because they don't normally show in those pics. But again, the invisible ones are exactly that. The three bubbles normally appear down a column on the left side, below the coin total, and above the "news" bubble that pops up. Right now, I have one bubble on top, and in the space between that & the news bubble, where there is usually 2 others, there is nothing... and only one time did something happen when I touched that empty space where it brought UP two more quests... but I couldn't SEE anything there to click... I just happened to click there, like trying to touch an oven. Once one did it, I clicked where the 3rd should be, and it brought it up. But when I exited and came back into the game, they didn't come up again. :-( Gone!

Second... the "skip" option is there on my iphone quests, and even shows up on my touch on RS... but NOT on the ONE ipod touch quest in BS that is blocking other quests from coming up.

And third... no, I definitely didn't run out or complete them all... I just started playing on my touch last week, and this was one of the first quests to come up. I never even got to complete the 2 'invisible ones'... I only saw them once... then the next time I went back to the game, they were gone... so I couldn't complete them. I've had LOTS more quests come up on my iphone BS that I've never seen on the touch.

Right now, the one quest that is there shows a table in the bubble, so you would think it's for furniture... but when you open it, it's for peach cobbler. It has 3 parts... cook, serve, and instantly complete. I of course cooked & served it, those say "done"... but I didn't instantly complete it... and the "skip" option is NOT there even if I wanted to do it.
In RS, both on my iphone and touch, I have the omelet one, and the skip option IS there on that one on both the touch & phone... but I have already lost too many gems already to errors and screwups in the game, I won't even spend ONE. But that one isn't as big a deal in RS, because the other two spaces give me new quests to complete, so I don't mind ignoring it. But the touch is irritating because it only gives me one slot, and it won't even LET me skip it!
Frustrating! :-(

blondhorse
08-18-11, 10:12 AM
i think it's just you;)

Nope, its me too. When android was updated, it was three but now its only one

cat2861
08-18-11, 06:53 PM
I am on a Droid and I get the Quests. Right now I have 2 of them on the left hand side that have a NEW arrow next to them but when I took a pic of it, it doesn't display it in the picture. It only shows the bakery and no other info.

cakeandpie
08-19-11, 06:52 PM

It is, but I am not wasting ANY gems on these quests just to get a few coins and XP, which is why I really really wish I could turn them off.

joyirene
08-19-11, 07:16 PM
I never got them on restaurant either! Only on bakery... But I also only got the bouncing stars and coins on bakery and not on restaurant. By the way I hate them.

I play on an iPad.

---------------------

nmishii
08-19-11, 07:22 PM
I am on Android, have the latest updates, and do not have quests on either RS or BS. I am content not having them.

joyirene
08-19-11, 07:26 PM
I would love to not have them. I had to spend gems to get 4000 coin reward or whatever it is. Then all the annoying bouncing stars came and WON'T GO AWAY they block tables when I'm collecting or giving tips... And the quests wouldn't disappear for me until I completed them (there was no skip option) and I was spending anywhere from 50,000 to 400,000 coins just to get 100xp and 400 coins back! What a waste!!!!

joyirene
08-19-11, 07:27 PM
4000 coins*** I think... But it's cool that's only a 396,000 difference that I lost