PDA

View Full Version : Native slang

redbites
08-11-11, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone, whilst I have been on the forums I have noticed a lot of "yall", "howdy" and lots of other slang that not everyone uses. So let us share our native tongue along to everyone in the forums, in this thread........ ta ta see yall later

kooky panda
08-11-11, 03:52 PM
Yall from Texas gal.

Hawaiianmomma
08-11-11, 03:54 PM
 Hanabuttah Days(Hanabuttah is Nose ButterHawaiian Pidgin for Small Kid TimeChildhood)

Rachael98
08-11-11, 03:54 PM
I don't really know. I primarily use Queen's English (when I'm speaking too:p...you'd never guess I was from the South West of England...). Sometimes I just use informal slang, but I'm not sure if any of mine's native. British slang I think, is mainly whilst speaking orally.

redbites
08-11-11, 04:00 PM
Well our old Australian prime minister was a dag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U watch this on youtube

Rachael98
08-11-11, 04:08 PM
Well our old Australian prime minister was a dag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U watch this on youtube

Because I'm nice, I won't make everyone look at the less than pleasant comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U

redbites
08-11-11, 04:09 PM
Because I'm nice, I won't make everyone look at the less than pleasant comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjE9I3Cp-U
I never saw the comments, I thought he was a great prime minister

sterlingempire
08-11-11, 04:13 PM
' Beast ' means cool; ' Trippin ' means sloppy. I dont know that much slang, lol.

Rachael98
08-11-11, 04:15 PM
' Beast ' means cool; ' Trippin ' means sloppy. I dont know that much slang, lol.

Cool in slang or formal context:p?

Mogwai4111
08-11-11, 04:15 PM
Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn't go into Burger King.

Hawaiianmomma
08-11-11, 04:22 PM
LolKanack AttackNapping after a Large Meal

badger8
08-11-11, 04:24 PM
Ya hey der! From Wisconsin! We call a drinking fountain a bubbler.

greygull
Vincent: And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what a Quarter Pounder is.

Thank you! I haven't seen that typed out before, and I haven't heard it in a few years! Lol :) :)

Rachael98

Hahaha! That's gotta be worth 10 gems to your account.

bawpotter
08-11-11, 05:21 PM
Your right about that, Rachael!

LanokaHarbor
08-11-11, 06:46 PM
From New Jersey, USA.......the Jersey shore to be more prefixes.....

Local slang word for vacationers who, every year, litter our beaches, fight in our bars, crowd up our roads, and generally are annoying and not pleasant or kind........

Bennies.

We just have bumper stickers that say, "Bennies, go home!!"

And no, we don't like the MTV show. They are prime examples of trouble makers who come here and ruin our lives, lol....

Mogwai4111
08-11-11, 07:04 PM

Local slang word for vacationers who, every year, litter our beaches, fight in our bars, crowd up our roads, and generally are annoying and not pleasant or kind........

Bennies.

And no, we don't like the MTV show. They are prime examples of trouble makers who come here and ruin our lives, lol....

Awesome, love that show, have seen every episode! .. are you what they call a "guidette"?

pinkster73
08-11-11, 07:13 PM
I'm Canadian Eh.

hippoberry
08-11-11, 07:24 PM

Bennies.

I refuse to go to the "Joisey shore", especially Seaside Heights and AC. The last time I was there, not a couple years ago, it was already on it's way to becoming a cesspool of strewn garbage, obnoxious spring breakers and their drunken debaucheries. I'd hate to see what it became after MTV was finished with it.

saintlover
08-11-11, 08:26 PM
Im from Ohio by way of Arizona. I recently went to the UK to meet up with my British friends at their giant dog show Crufts. I totally forgot that the word fanny means 2 completely differnet things here and there. I was sitting in my chair on my fanny (tush) and my tush started to hurt. I said "I need to get up off my fanny and walk around before my legs fall asleep" I got the craziest looks and everyone burst out laughing. In the UK a fanny is a woman's bits. Needless to say I was mortified.

LanokaHarbor
08-11-11, 10:16 PM
are you what they call a "guidette"?

Back in the eighties and early nineties, I admit, I had the big hair, the jewelry, the heels, the tight leggings, and the makeup. And yes I am Italian.

The big difference is that our attitude was better and we respected people, privacy, property, and especially our moral fiber. Those "shore" chicks have no clue how a real guidette handles herself. We'd have men falling all over us and all we had to do was look at them...not sleep with them! The true guidette is a handful and full of surprises....not drunken sl*ts!

Of course, it does make for a TV reality show. MTV basically told them to come here and make trouble.

bawpotter
08-12-11, 06:27 AM
Yeah, that's about it. How much do you think they're paid?