PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story *******?

Unregistered
09-30-10, 08:21 PM
Two of my favorite neighbors have cleared their farms and have stopped playing until there is a way to block neighbors who have been deleted. Apparently one abusive neighbor did not take kindly to his deletion and found every opportunity to make disparaging comments on the walls of her neighbors. He would occasionally link from the neighbors' walls and pop in on her wall to show that he could not be stopped from doing as he pleased.

He was reported to support@teamlava.com but it is unknown if anything was done to prevent him from repeating this behavior. Presently there is no way to block deleted neighbors from visiting any farm, read their posts and follow them around to all their neighbors reading and commenting on any posts there. If you have been or don't want to be a victim to trolls/stalkers please email support@teamlava.com and ask for a blocking feature.

Unregistered
10-01-10, 06:49 AM
All they can really do is comment on your wall. They cant hurt your farm, so I suggest that you (or whoever) just stop reading your wall and ignore the player. These people just do these things to irritate and if it stops being irritating, it loses the fun for them and they stop.

Having them banned or whatever never works as people like that just get new accounts, so the best thimg you can do is rob them of their fun by ignoring them.

Unregistered
10-01-10, 07:47 AM
get over it and stop being a baby. who cares

Unregistered
10-01-10, 08:19 AM
All they can really do is comment on your wall. They cant hurt your farm, so I suggest that you (or whoever) just stop reading your wall and ignore the player. These people just do these things to irritate and if it stops being irritating, it loses the fun for them and they stop.

Having them banned or whatever never works as people like that just get new accounts, so the best thimg you can do is rob them of their fun by ignoring them.

Agreed that ignoring works for most but it's obvious that you've never seen a copy/paste attack. I wouldn't call having a multitude of gibberish on your wall not hurting to your farm. Continually having to delete all the graffiti before you're able to read posts from legitimate neighbors is enough to drive anybody to quit.

Not sure that actual banning wouldn't help. The game is tied to the UDID of each players' device. They would have to get a new device to get a new account.

Unregistered
10-01-10, 12:32 PM
I agree in concept with the ignore and they will go away line of thinking, but then, I've never been the object of another player's harrassment. If I should find myself in that position, then yes, I would want the ability to permanently block that player and be able to control my own game playing. To have to constantly delete unwanted garbage sent by an immature, disgruntled, unhappy, bored, (any adjective will do here) individual takes the fun out of the game making it just work. I play games to relax, not work. I miss my friends who stopped playing to support one who has suffered at the hands of someone constantly attacking her. Please, teamlava. Find a way to help players stop bullies. Thanks! Farm Story Fan

Unregistered
10-01-10, 12:34 PM
get over it and stop being a baby. who cares

Really?????????????

Unregistered
10-01-10, 12:37 PM
Two of my favorite neighbors have cleared their farms and have stopped playing until there is a way to block neighbors who have been deleted. Apparently one abusive neighbor did not take kindly to his deletion and found every opportunity to make disparaging comments on the walls of her neighbors. He would occasionally link from the neighbors' walls and pop in on her wall to show that he could not be stopped from doing as he pleased.

He was reported to support@teamlava.com but it is unknown if anything was done to prevent him from repeating this behavior. Presently there is no way to block deleted neighbors from visiting any farm, read their posts and follow them around to all their neighbors reading and commenting on any posts there. If you have been or don't want to be a victim to trolls/stalkers please email support@teamlava.com and ask for a blocking feature.

I also support a blocking function to prevent bullies! emailing teamlava now!

katothequeen
10-11-10, 11:47 AM
Any of you who think we are being babies! Have not had the luxory of being woke up 20 times a night with your notifications going off because some young bored person wanted to say hi 10 times, Call you a name, or simply say a random remark. Yes, you report them and they just change the name and are back at it again. My experience has been more like I am being stalked. My friends as well, and that is not right or legal! My Husband plays the game too and the day the dog bowls came out as a gift, He sent a neighbor a cow. She was angry and told him off and deleted him as a neighbor. He apoligized, not that he did anything wrong, but she still takes any chance she can to make a rude comment on his wall. My point is, it doesn't matter what the reason you want to block a person, It should just be an option. Any other game, site, etc that you use with a chat and wall, posting ability, gives you that option. For privacy and protection from wackos!

Unregistered
10-11-10, 05:55 PM
I see posts here stating to simply ignore obnoxious/ill mannered wall posts.

In my case, that was impossible to do, as I was literally receiving over 90 posts an hour, continuously. It was impossible to delete the obnoxious posts (turds), because they were coming in so fast, however teamlava intervened after I sent them an email, along with screenshots. Not only did teamlava clean up my wall, they also suspended the griefer (she/he was missing for 3 days), then came back to make a few more *special* comments on my wall. After I made another attempt to contact teamlava, I haven't had to deal with the griefer since. I don't know if she/he was banned, or stayed ingame and focused their attention elsewhere. If the griefer were my child, I'd be removing access to the game, but that's me, I hold my kids accountable for their actions.

Teamlava does handle these cases, but I agree, that we should have be able to have the power to block people intent on ruining our gameplay experience from our wall.
It would save teamlava and the players themselves a lot of grief.

Unregistered
10-19-10, 03:37 PM
What i wanted to know was very few times maybe three or four someone blocked me so i couldnt even tell them that they had a nice farm. And i had never before visited them. So its not like they knew me and did not want to have any contact... I was very curious to how they were able to do it? Thanks i'd love to get some info on the subject.

swati
10-21-10, 02:29 AM
Can you provide us with a screenshot of this? There currently is not a block function in-game.

I don't have a screen shot, but I can verify that I also got some sort of "this player has blocked you" message when the game was in some strange state - all I did was try to write a wall message that I had watered. I re-started the app and it was ok again, I was able to write on the person's wall.

Bob The Farmer
11-18-10, 05:47 PM
Wow people are butthurt so easily nowadays it's amazing.

Unregistered
11-18-10, 06:16 PM
I don't have a screen shot, but I can verify that I also got some sort of "this player has blocked you" message when the game was in some strange state - all I did was try to write a wall message that I had watered. I re-started the app and it was ok again, I was able to write on the person's wall.

I've seen the message, but it was ages ago. Please don't think it was the player whose wall you were trying to comment on. They were completely unaware as this feature is not available....yet. It could b something the devs were working on and testing and it burped briefly into the real game.
I know someone thought I blocked them once and wrote a rude comment when they tried again. But as is my fashion, I ignored them, deleted the post, and have not heard from them again

Unregistered
11-18-10, 06:18 PM
Oh, and as for *******ing the game because of trouble with trolls....sorry, can't help you. I deal with trolls my own way, *******ing a game I enjoy isn't it.

Bob The Farmer
11-18-10, 06:25 PM

That's actually a bug, that happens when you lose connection to server after watering someone and trying to write a message. When the message that tells you that you've lost connection to server pops up and you click "Try again" and reconnect it will actually take you back to your own farm sometimes, but the name on the top will be the name of whoevers farm you were at when you lost connection. If you click wall and try to type a message it will say you've been blocked by the player but that is just a bug.