PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 1.2 is out!

supercow
06-01-10, 06:19 PM
Go to the app store and update to the latest!

- iPad support
- Performance improvements

Farmer Grud
06-01-10, 06:29 PM
I updated to the 1.2 version from the app store. It overwrote my old version of your game and when I started the new version, I found NO differances except that I NO longer had any Neighbors or pending invites. Before the upgrade I had over 300 neighbors and more then 100 invites (I had stopped accepting invites because it was such a pain without an accept all feature).

I would caution people to hold off on upgrading until they figure this out.

supercow
06-01-10, 07:32 PM
I would caution people to hold off on upgrading until they figure this out.

This issue was fixed and no users lost any team members.

Please see this thread for more information.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?163-Problem-with-1.2-version-of-game&p=922#post922

Machacker
06-01-10, 11:38 PM
Go to the app store and update to the latest!

- iPad support
- Performance improvements

Unless it came in from the server side, the neighbor invite notice moved from the Invite Friends tab to the Neighbors tab, has Accept and Decline buttons instead of the old ones.

Now if I can just get Cancel Invite to get rid of deadwood (usually players who have quit).

StrawberryFieldsForHours
06-01-10, 11:45 PM
Great news, thank you Supercow. :)

I have met a couple of friends pending as neighbours so will hold off on the update, looking at the improvements, until they have accepted.

supercow
06-02-10, 12:35 AM
I have met a couple of friends pending as neighbours so will hold off on the update, looking at the improvements, until they have accepted.

This issue was fixed, you should not hold off on the update. :)

supercow
06-02-10, 12:36 AM
Unless it came in from the server side, the neighbor invite notice moved from the Invite Friends tab to the Neighbors tab, has Accept and Decline buttons instead of the old ones.

Yes, this is one of the changes in this release.

StrawberryFieldsForHours
06-02-10, 12:50 AM
This issue was fixed, you should not hold off on the update. :)

Thank you.

Supercow! Al rescate! :)

Todd
06-02-10, 02:19 AM
I was reading on here from denobones wants it offline and online I think that would be a kewl idea can you guys look in 2 doing this?

Unregistered
06-02-10, 01:49 PM
I have worked hard to get my farm to where it is. I was reading about a new version. Can someone please tell me how do we know what version we have and how do we download to update on the iPhone? I know these may sound like dumb questions to most of you but I am new to all of this and am afraid of messing up my phone and game!

Farmer Grud
06-02-10, 02:11 PM
I have worked hard to get my farm to where it is. I was reading about a new version. Can someone please tell me how do we know what version we have and how do we download to update on the iPhone? I know these may sound like dumb questions to most of you but I am new to all of this and am afraid of messing up my phone and game!

Goto Menu then Help/FAQ. Now look in the lower right of the screen. It you don't see "Farm Story 1.2" then you do NOT have version 1.2.

Unregistered
06-02-10, 02:37 PM
I do not have correct version how do I upgrade to the new version? Do I just click the farm story ap under free games and will it update the version I have? Do you loose your farm and decorations?thanks for all the help!

Ellie
06-02-10, 04:15 PM
Go to App Store

Tap on Updates

It will show up there

Either do updates individually or tap Update All

Paul C.
06-02-10, 04:44 PM
Thanks very much for the 1.2 update. I play on the iPad & it's so much nice now that the game takes full advantage of the larger screen.

supercow
06-02-10, 05:51 PM

The easiest way is to open the App Store on your iPhone and go to 'Updates', where you can update to the latest if you don't have it.

You will not mess up your phone or your game. You could even delete the game and reinstall it, and you will still have your Farm!

Unregistered
06-03-10, 08:41 AM
This was really such a minor update, did practically nothing. But no harm to my account as in the above. REally hoping for a major update, i can only go so far at current rate, will get boring.

supercow
06-03-10, 02:25 PM
This was really such a minor update, did practically nothing. But no harm to my account as in the above. REally hoping for a major update, i can only go so far at current rate, will get boring.

It's a pretty big update for iPad owners. For iPhone/iPod owners, you should find that the game is a lot smoother and doesn't lag when plowing/planting/harvesting.

More features, crops and decorations are coming. We have shipped new content and updates every week, please be patient. :)

RealTelstar
06-04-10, 07:08 AM
The bug of server sync, esp when loosing connection is more present than ever.
I lost the TIME spent in planting crops several times and i'm loosing the patience of playing the game.

supercow
06-04-10, 11:04 AM
The bug of server sync, esp when loosing connection is more present than ever.
I lost the TIME spent in planting crops several times and i'm loosing the patience of playing the game.

If you are getting bugs like this, please give us details so we can figure out why this is affecting you--as far as we can tell, most people are not getting sync errors.

What actions were you doing when you got the sync error? Were you planting? Harvesting? Plowing? Does it happen to you with a specific item?

If you provide some details, we will hunt down the cause of these errors and fix it.

Kris99
06-05-10, 01:37 AM
Yes, this is one of the changes in this release.

My two cents on this enhancement:
1) I'm not sure with others but before I accept invitations to be neighbors, I check out first their farms. Most of the time to recall if I've been "there". I am now terribly missing the previous VISIT button. :(
2) I think the Neighbor Requests should NOT be inside the Neighbors tab/page. And definitely should not be at the top of the list! If you have lots of requests that you don't want to process YET, you have to always scroll down to go to the list of your current neighbors. :(

BTW, in cases of declined requests, will we be notified? Aw, that would hurt! Hahahaha!

Cheers! :D

DeNoBoNeS
06-06-10, 03:29 PM
It has crashed on me 6 times per game (mc' Donalds wifi) its not the connection in the story because i would close it down and then hit up facebook and or gooogle and it would be working fine so i know the connection will be ok to my iphone.