PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't gift/day work the same way as tip/day

thispe
08-10-11, 09:27 AM
You can only tip a neighbor once a day, send them a gift once a day and send them parts once a day. With tips it works on a 24 hour teamlava clock where, at a certain time, the day is reset and you can start tipping again. Like, if that time is a 12:00 you can tip at 11:59 on one day and at 12:01 for the next.

With gifts (and I believe parts as well) it works on your personal schedule and you can only gift once every 24 hours. That means if your regular schedule is to gift at 8:00 and one day you miss that and can't gift until 17:00 you can't gift again until 17:00 the next day. There's no way to get back to your earlier schedule unless you leave a day out.

Am I the only one to find this annoying? Does anyone know why teamlava decided to let gifts and tips work differently? Do you think, like I do that gifts should work the same as tips? Am I obsessing too much about a silly game? :p

jaid666
08-10-11, 10:02 AM
I honestly can't think of a valid reason for the difference, but it would be much easier if it reset at midnight just like tipping does. I can't always wait exactly 24 hours and because of this i'll occasionally skip a round of daily gifting to reset the timer.

bawpotter
08-10-11, 11:25 AM
I think TL did this because if everyone sends gifts at once, it would slow down the game. People send gifts at all different time of the day.

gail66
08-10-11, 03:22 PM
what annoying to me is they tell you to get 25 neighbours to extend then 35 and 40 for later levels yet still we can only receive 20 gifts why ? not fair to all your other neighbour what miss out my time zone for tips gift in England is 8 pm around the time I play r s but by then some of my neighbours have there 20 gifts

thispe
08-10-11, 05:02 PM
what annoying to me is they tell you to get 25 neighbours to extend then 35 and 40 for later levels yet still we can only receive 20 gifts why ? not fair to all your other neighbour what miss out my time zone for tips gift in England is 8 pm around the time I play r s but by then some of my neighbours have there 20 gifts

You'r right, I think the amount of gifts you can get should also increase with levels, like the amount of appliances you can buy.

piperazine
08-11-11, 02:42 PM
I agree! I like to be able to tip and gift at the same time, so that I can gift parts to my neighbors who need them when I see the boxes in their restaurants.

briguynv
08-11-11, 04:30 PM
I also think the gifts should reset at midnight... not everyone would still DO it at midnight... like the OP said, they usually gift at 8... then if they can't till 1700 one day, they could go back to 8 the next day, because it reset at midnight!

My issue with it is I can't gift at the same time every day! Let's say I send gifts at 2am one day. The next day, when it finally ALLOWS me to do it at 2am, by the time I select the gifts and all my neighbors, it's now like 2:20. Then the next day, again by the time I select everyone, it's 2:35-2:40. It always takes me 15-20 minutes to go thru my whole neighbor list. So each day it gets pushed back... and eventually, it gets too late, so I have to skip a day so I can get back to a decent time. If it reset at midnight like tips, I could send them every day at the same time... say 2am. So I really wish they would change that!!

Also I agree, the number of gifts/materials we are allowed to receive should increase with the levels as well!